The Three Stooges: The Ultimate Collection (20 discs) $39.59 at Amazon.com

Wow, everyone on CAG just got spiritually group-slapped by Moe for buying the individual sets at $10+ each.

Ridiculously cheap. I bought this bundle awhile back and paid a ton for it, but as an avid Stooge lover I didn't mind. How pleasant it is to finally watch these shorts with clean, crisp picture versus digging out old VHS versions taped off of Family Channel, SpikeTV, etc.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Already own several of the individual volumes, but this is cheaper than buying the rest of them (and it includes 3 discs of other material) a review of the set. Also, unlike other set collections, they aren't just a bunch of stacked discs, the picture on amazon shows they are still in their individual volume packaging.[/QUOTE]

How is that bonus disc? When I ordered, it didn't have this fancy box, it was the individual volumes that Amazon bundled together. So there was no bonus disc. But that really interests me, being a Stoogeophile.

Its the "rare treasures from columnbia vault" 3 disc set which was given a separate release so that those who bought the individual volumes would not have to buy the ultimate collection to get it. The review of the ultimate set I linked to has a description of the included 3 dics of material starting at the "extra features" heading.
2 stooge feature films, 3 stooge cartoons, 14 comedy shorts featuring/starring shemp howard, 10 shorts featuring joe besser, 4 shorts featuring Joe derita

I've been pining for all of the shorts so I can watch them in order after watching them all in whatever order the local stations play them in over the last 30 years. Now I can since I finally put my money were my mouth is, thanks OP, appreciate the lead on this deal.

Does anyone else think this might be going on sale to get rid of existing stock to make room for a Blu-ray set? It wouldn't be the first time some thing like that has happened...

Just read this on Amazons page
Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible

I will have to check mine carefully. Anybody hear what might be wrong with this set?

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Does anyone else think this might be going on sale to get rid of existing stock to make room for a Blu-ray set? It wouldn't be the first time some thing like that has happened...[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about it. I honestly couldn't be happier with the picture quality. The shorts look fantastic, so crisp and clear. I'm usually one who is always in favor of seeing an upgrade to BRD, but in this case I'd really be hesitant about upgrading if the possibility came along just because they've done such a careful job with the remastering here.

[quote name='scarface333']Just read this on Amazons page
Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible

I will have to check mine carefully. Anybody hear what might be wrong with this set?[/QUOTE]

It could be that people are getting a bad disc or two. With a sale price this good, and a box set that contains so many physical discs, it's bound to happen. The only other thing I can think of is that they're not receiving the box set as described but getting a packaged version of all the collections + the bonus disc (i.e. Amazon went through their stock and simply bound them together). To be honest, that's how mine arrived when I ordered them a year or two ago (sans bonus disc), but that's because this collection didn't exist in it's present form. So maybe people are upset they're not getting exactly what's pictured? That's my best guess anyway.

bread's done
Back