Max Payne 3 CE $29.99 at Gamestop with GTAV reserve (11/5-11/20)

felixcostello

CAGiversary!
Just hit on this today in-store, hadn't picked up Max Payne 3 yet and figured the CE was worth it at thirty bucks. The deal requires a promotional code which your local Gamestop should be able to look up in their computers (it's an EBCXXX-XX... type code.) It was designed to work with the basic version of the game but I was happy to find it worked on the CE. It will not work on pre-owned copies, however.

Deal also appears to be online, haven't tried yet myself though with the collector's editions.
790x161_GrandTheftAutoV.jpg

[quote name='felixcostello']Just posted the banner instead, if you visit the homepage the deal is on the front page now.[/QUOTE]

did u only have to put the 5 bucks down?

Thank you felix. I wish you posted this earlier... I was in two gamestops today and have been waiting to buy this CE.

Wow, if you only have to put $5 down at GS in-store, I'm going to go ahead and pick this sucker up. I've been wanting to pick this up since launch but I kept hesitating every time I saw it go for cheap.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Well damn. I just preordered it Monday. I would have considered the SE for $30.[/QUOTE]

Just go cancel your pre-order and do it again. You'll get the discount.

Is this promotion only good for people in states or canadians as well? Because I can't seem to find anything on gamestop.ca website regarding this promo

This is still not working in store. Manager checked documents and online. No ebc codes. Does not discount with $5 preorder or pay in full. Had to manually discount Max Payne to $29.99.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']So what happens if you cancel your pre-order later on?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, you get your money back. It's the same with the "get blah blah % bonus trade in credit towards certain games". You can cancel the pre orders and turn it back into normal credit for anything.

Is anyone else having trouble doing this online? The discount for Max Payne 3 is added when I place both of them in my cart but when I go to checkout I have to pay $60 for both.

Interesting deal for those that haven't played Max Payne 3 but it seems like GTA5 is still so far off... a little early to be preordering. They said 2013, most people seem to expect spring so these days that means... Holiday 2013 best case scenario?

update: the ebc code required in-store is ebc3037691. as for gta v, the posters that are free with the reserve do say "spring 2013" and these are promo items produced by rockstar. my best guess is april/may next year, not unlike the launch window of la noire.

Went in today and I got the last copy of the special edition. The manager didn't have the code, but he called his superior and made sure it was okay to just apply a 30 dollar discount. He let it happen and low and behold, I have Max Payne 3 SE! I love the statue and I love key chains, so the bullet is pretty beast. Thanks OP!

I know some people don't like shopping on Black Friday, but in case you haven't checked the BF thread, this is going to be $9 at K-Mart on BF.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I know some people don't like shopping on Black Friday, but in case you haven't checked the BF thread, this is going to be $9 at K-Mart on BF.[/QUOTE]

Not the special edition.

Tried to get it to work in store but it wasn't in the system.. I'll try with the code posted a few posts ago next time.

[quote name='blakesgameroom']could someone try going with that code posted a while back in store and see if it works?[/QUOTE]

i just did, and it works flawlessly

[quote name='ShadowSx']Not the special edition.

Tried to get it to work in store but it wasn't in the system.. I'll try with the code posted a few posts ago next time.[/QUOTE]
Ohh, I'm an idiot haha I didn't see it said CE in the OP. Guess it makes this a pretty good deal then.

[quote name='DaShaka']I wish they had the regular for like $10, I don't like video game stuff other than the actual games. :([/QUOTE]

Regular edition will be 8.99 on Black Friday at KMart.

[quote name='jdwyer2009']Regular edition will be 8.99 on Black Friday at KMart.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thx! I hope they have enough in stock.

Im not big on CE's but damn $30 souds so good for a CE of a game I was holding out until the standard edition hit $20, might just get it, I've spent so much money thanks to CAG lol.

Just did this with no real problems. I think the guy just overode it because the reciept says 'Discount $30, promotion not found"

Im in there a lot so the guys are cool with me. He called up a manager at another store because he couldn't find it but that guy didn't seem to be able to help. I just told him it was on the website and he overode it i guess.

There shouldn't be any issue if you can point out its on the website. Now i got a vanilla ps3 version and a CE xbox version. Not even really sure whats in this puppy

I just got back from Gamestop, picked up the SE with no problems. I provided the code listed in a comment on the first page, the guy thanked me since he didn't have to go looking for it. After looking through it, for $30 it's not bad. I can add it to the shelf with all the other CE/SE statues I got for cheap.

Had no interest in this CE but I knew that my GS had one in stock. Paid off BO2 CE and picked up the CE with only $5 towards GTAV.

Thanx OP ...

[quote name='windsmere']Anybody know if I could pre order a PS3 copy of GTA5 and get the PC version of Max Payne or is this limited to consoles?[/QUOTE]

yes i don't think that should be an issue,

Thanks OP, was able to get this today. Traded in my regular copy and got the CE. Pretty much $20 for the statue and extras. People that plan on doing this, might want to have the code on them. The gamestop I frequent said they didn't have the promo codes on hand and they are usually on top of the deals.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm, this is quite tempting. Even though I was waiting to get the game from Steam eventually.[/QUOTE]

I have it on Steam but really for how much space it takes up (~35 GB) you might as well nab the 360 copy.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I know some people don't like shopping on Black Friday, but in case you haven't checked the BF thread, this is going to be $9 at K-Mart on BF.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that would apply to PC as well? If it is then I'll definitely grab it.

EDIT: Just checked...only for 360.

bread's done
Back