Guys I need help. My Origin account was hacked and stolen.

suade907

CAGiversary!
Ok so i just received a e-mail from Origin that says

"Your email address has been successfully changed. Please be sure to use your updated email the next time you log in to Origin.
If you did not request this change, or if you have reason to believe your account has been compromised, please contact Origin Help for immediate assistance.
Thank you,
The Origin Team"

So after a hour of trying to find a way to contact Origin since in the e-mail they only provided a link to their website. I have found out that you need an account to contact them and only then can you get internet support via live person.

Well considering my account was hacked and stolen by changing my e-mail address I now have no access to. It sure would have been nice for them to mention the only way to contact origin is with an account. So I had to create a temporary account just to try and contact them.

Finally after logging into origin with my temporary account I was able to get a person via internet chat support. i told him what had happened and he tried to look up my account. Long story short he could not find it. I told him that I think it was hacked and they had changed my e-mail and that is how I knew. Mind you I'm at work now and do not have access to my games. He asked for a ton of information and finally he found me but needed my date of birth. A few years ago my xbox account was hacked so i haven't been using my actual date of birth for most of my online stuff. Generally I use one of 2 dates. I gave them both to him which I'm 99% confidant they are correct. He told me they were incorrect. Now he tells me there is nothing he can do for me.

To put it simply I'm very frustrated at this point. I told him I can confirm the e-mail, the receipts for the purchases of the games and every piece of info he needs but he won't fix my account because he cannot confirm the birth date. I asked him what if the hacker changed it, what then? He assured me that is impossible. I don't believe him because my account currently is in the hands of thieves.

I really don't know what to do now. I have about 5 pc games on my origin account and many xbox games linked to it. Suffice it to say This makes me incredibly angry. The person I chatted with via text said he could escalate my case and someone higher up would be getting in touch with me.

So now i wait. Any suggestions.

The same thing just happened to me last night. Getting any real support/help from Origin is very frustrating. They've made it intentionally inaccessible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay well I am actually statisfied with Origin's customer service.

I created a new account (so I could access the help > contact options) and requested for them to call me.

About an hour later, I get a call from a guy who actually fixed the problem pretty painlessly. Thankfully, my birthdate matched. I didn't have serial key info on hand. He was able to look into my purchase history and find one of the keys. From there, he located my hacked account and changed it back. The gamertag/account name was changed on my account as well as the country and language. Apparently this kind of thing is happening with a lot of accounts right now. Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-origin-accounts-hijacked-6400015

Also, I made sure to get a direct phone number from they guy. Perhaps someone here will find it useful:'

Origin Customer Support
1-866-543-5435

I got a couple of emails supposedly from Origin saying I had requested a password reset and had a link to click to reset it. It didn't have the right username, it was using an old internet name I used to use but abandoned a long time ago, and my Origin account is linked to a different email address anyway. I figured it was just a phishing attempt.

Yeah, if this happened I'd just call EA's support # and complain. I've had to do it once before and they resolved my problem within an hour. Hate to say it, but Valve doesn't even have a phone #. :p

[quote name='retrad']all i have to say is lol id never use origin... I only use steam for a damn good reason.[/QUOTE]

My steam account got hacked last week in almost the same kind of situation. They somehow got hold of my password and username and changed the contact email. I caught it and fortunately Steam was able to fix it. But it took them almost a week to even contact me. Now I just have to double safeguard all my accounts. Bah.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']My steam account got hacked last week in almost the same kind of situation. They somehow got hold of my password and username and changed the contact email. I caught it and fortunately Steam was able to fix it. But it took them almost a week to even contact me. Now I just have to double safeguard all my accounts. Bah.[/QUOTE]
Wher'd you get that preposterous hypothesis?

[quote name='rhymenoceros']My steam account got hacked last week in almost the same kind of situation. They somehow got hold of my password and username and changed the contact email. I caught it and fortunately Steam was able to fix it. But it took them almost a week to even contact me. Now I just have to double safeguard all my accounts. Bah.[/QUOTE]
How would they do that? unless they have access to your contact email first... You can't even login without doing the security code when logging into steam on a new PC for the first time; even if you had account name and password.

I do have to say that even though I like Steam way better than Origin, their CS is much much faster than steam; they even give me 20% codes when I run into problems. Still, I think Origin is no where near matured yet in its UI layout; plus they got rid of listing game's names like what Steam does. STUPID EA!!! I DON'T WANT PICTURES!!!

wished they did an authentication app for android and iOS to keep our accounts safe. Mine is worth a pretty penny.

bread's done
Back