DEAD - uDraw Tablet & uDraw Studio - 9.99 TRU - Store Pickup 360 & PS3 ONLY

You can use the PS3 version with a PC if you want a cheap drawing tablet. I haven't done it myself and don't know how easy it is to get up and running or how well the tablet works for PC applications. I'm not sure if anyone got the 360 version working as easily.

[youtube]kxc2gxFVhbM#![/youtube]

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I'm really tempted to do this, but I know it will get about 30 minutes of enjoyment and then a year's worth of dust.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat...I'm really trying to resist, but the CAG in me says BUY!

Can anyone recommend this?

Oh, and for additional games, Amazon has uDraw Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat for Xbox 360 for $3.99 (PS3 $12.80).

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I'm really tempted to do this, but I know it will get about 30 minutes of enjoyment and then a year's worth of dust.[/QUOTE]

I bought this for my son last Christmas with the extra Marvel Comic Combat game.
You want to know about dust? Xmas is 43 days away again and it still isn't opened.
My six year old son has his very own games backlog.

Every time I see it for ANY price lower than the full price I paid a year ago, I die a little inside.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks Costanza. I couldn't bite when it was $15-$20, but $10+tax was enough to draw me in.[/QUOTE]

Pay my respects to your wallet... :cry:

I bought this as a Christmas present for one of the young ones. They haven't tried it out yet for obvious reasons, but I tested it out for a while. The only real problem I had with it was figuring out how to draw without pressing any buttons. Just be sure to tell them to press the pen to the screen slightly harder than normal and it'll work. Took me about a half hour to figure that out.

[quote name='jscme']Anybody think this could cause problems with retention/burn-in on a plasma?[/QUOTE]

After trying it I do, that's why my daughter only plays it on the CRT we still have.

[quote name='megma42']After trying it I do, that's why my daughter only plays it on the CRT we still have.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Kind-of what I figured. Guess I'll hold off on this one then.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']i was in the pool![/QUOTE]

This might have been the funniest thing I've seen all day and I was looking at the presidential memes from last night earlier.

Thanks for the heads up George. I've been wanting to try one of these out forever but missed the $10 price point last time it came up. Now to start watching for the games I was interested in to come up cheap too...

[quote name='louiedog']You can use the PS3 version with a PC if you want a cheap drawing tablet. I haven't done it myself and don't know how easy it is to get up and running or how well the tablet works for PC applications. I'm not sure if anyone got the 360 version working as easily.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the only reason I'm getting it. Ten-bucks for shitz & giggles so can't complain! Anyone try this on Win8 to verify it works?

Thanks OP & louiedog!

[quote name='Metal Militia']For $10.75 I bought one. I don't know why I bought one, but I did #-o[/QUOTE]

Its our moral responsibility to do our part to salvage THQ :lol:

[quote name='gordojones88']So this will be pretty much exactly like getting a Wii U, but for $10.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope thats not a premonition for a possible failure of the Wii U...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It shrinks?

Like a frightened turtle![/QUOTE]

I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

[/scene]

[quote name='Drclaw411']How many people will buy the wii udraw over the next few months thinking its a wii u?[/QUOTE]

0 people will likely do that.

I'm tempted to pick one of these up to use on my computer, but I really don't need it...

Just bought a :360: tablet for nieces and :ps3: tablet for the wife. A bit out of the way, but can't beat that price.

Franks, Costanza.
frank2.jpg

I owned this thing for a few days quite awhile ago and wouldn't recommend it at all. It should go join E.T. in New Mexico.

Maybe if you don't really like some kid at all but have some obligation to buy them a present this would be the perfect gift.

There's only 3 games for this, two of which are absolute crap, and the Marvel game is only remotely fun for maybe an hour if you like the Marvel Universe. Pictionary is painfully boring and complicates just using your own pen and paper.

The Wii version had more games made for it and might be more fun for kids, but that's not part of this sale. I see no reason to buy the 360 version since it will only collect dust and take up space in your house.

I bought the PS3 version before Christmas last year and gave it to the kids along with Pictionary. I got the uDraw when it dropped to $40 at Gamestop and thought that was an awesome deal at the time. I paid full fucking price for Pictionary (granted with a B2G1). The bad part: we never even opened the tablet or game - they are still sitting on a shelf sealed :bomb:.

Anyway, despite all that I'm tempted to get the 360 version just 'cause, well, it is only $10 ;).

[quote name='yourlefthand']I got the wii version for my daughter and she really likes it. The pictionary game was complete crap, though.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - the reason I bought the PS3 version when it came out was because I had the original Wii version and Pictionary the year before. We had a great time playing that (me and 3 of my kids that is). We only played a few times but we had a blast doing it. Luckily I was able to sell off the Wii version used on eBay for a decent amount and then got the PS3 one (just for the updated tablet/drawing software and trophies ;)).

Of course Pictionary would work better on the Wii U with the ability to hide the words from everyone else. Having to make people close their eyes or look away is not the best solution but it did work for us when we played.

Unless they screwed up the second versoin of Pictionary (from the original the previous year) I don't see what could be so bad about it.

[quote name='io']Interesting - the reason I bought the PS3 version when it came out was because I had the original Wii version and Pictionary the year before. We had a great time playing that (me and 3 of my kids that is). We only played a few times but we had a blast doing it. Luckily I was able to sell off the Wii version used on eBay for a decent amount and then got the PS3 one (just for the updated tablet/drawing software and trophies ;)).

Of course Pictionary would work better on the Wii U with the ability to hide the words from everyone else. Having to make people close their eyes or look away is not the best solution but it did work for us when we played.

Unless they screwed up the second versoin of Pictionary (from the original the previous year) I don't see what could be so bad about it.[/QUOTE]

The closing eyes thing was what ruined it for me.

She still plays the drawing game quite a bit, but we only played pictionary once or twice.

Aww, the listings are gone.

Reminders when something else super-cheap comes out on toysrus.com:
1. Product locator isn't accurate.
2. Toys R Us stores can price match their own website.

I got this yesterday. Even though the site said there were no copies anywhere, the local store actually had at least 3 copies of each version. They were still $30 in-store. When I mentioned to one of the workers that I saw the $10 price online, she immediately pulled up the site, confirmed it, and gave me the $10 price.

This might be one of the easiest PS3 games to get all trophies and a platinum. The only hard one was for completing all of the labyrinth mazes with the tablet's motion controls.

There really should have been a PC version released. It would have been perfect on PC.

If anyone wanted the Wii version for $10, Walmart is going to sell it for that price on Thanksgiving night.

bread's done
Back