Wii U universal remote features

Considering that the Wii U isn't going to play DVDs, I honestly don't care very much about getting a universal remote for it. While I understand that they are trying to integrate a lot more streaming media services with the Wii U, I still use DVDs/Blu-Rays for a lot of my video needs. A universal remote is not a high priority for me.

I agree but a harmony like control would be awesome..

click watch dvd.

then wii u controller turns on your tv, dvd player, tuner, switches tuner to dvd audio selector, switches the tv to the dvd video selection... and you are ready to go.

It might be days before I play any actual games. TVii looks very cool. I've always wanted a Harmony but could never drop the coin for one. Not so for a new Nintendo console. It's a win win lol

Oh, the Wii U pad itself is going to be able to act as a remote of sorts! I wasn't aware of that. I thought you were talking about a peripheral of some sort!

That's kind of neat. I am going to be interested to see how it works with my Denon surround sound receiver. It is a fairly recent model, and has full HDMI pass-through. If I could use my Wii U Pad to control my receiver that would actually be pretty incredible.

I have a vizio smart tv and directv. If I can have a qwerty on the wii control pad it would be amazing. If it could switch between sbs 3D and back to 2D I will prob pass out.

bread's done
Back