Catherine (PS3/360) $19.99 @ Amazon

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Ps3:http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Pla...UTF8&qid=1352430504&sr=1-1&keywords=catherine

Xbox 360:http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Xbo...UTF8&qid=1352430504&sr=1-1&keywords=catherine

Amazon has the standard editions of Catherine on sale, unfortunately it doesn't show that the soundtrack and art book are included, still a great price though.

UPDATE: Temporarily out of stock from Amazon.

This is what it reads from Amazon on the Featured Merchants List. "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item."

Good news is that it is still purchasable at 19.99 and a lot of people decided to give the game a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow good price. There is a possibility you will get the artbook/soundtrack although; they haven't advertised it for months (same with King of Fighters XIII) but I purchased both not to long ago and it was included with both.

If you haven't played this game, BUY IT NOW!!!! Ive never played a puzzle type game before, but I fell in love with this game. Its a 9.5/10 imo. Its a great puzzle, with an A+ story. $20 is a fine price.

[quote name='FerDK']Do you guys think this will get any cheaper on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

No!! Cheapest its been was $15 on GF(I doubt you will see it at that price again, if not not for a LONG time) or when it was 1200 MSP last month (Thats when I got it). I know BF is in 2 weeks, but this game is well worth the price of $20. $40 is a great price for this game now.

[quote name='FerDK']Do you guys think this will get any cheaper on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say...maybe? Who knows

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If you haven't played this game, BUY IT NOW!!!! Ive never played a puzzle type game before, but I fell in love with this game. Its a 9.5/10 imo. Its a great puzzle, with an A+ story. $20 is a fine price.[/QUOTE]

qft

5 bones for shipping Amazon ?

Really.

Worst online retailer. cost $2.15 tops to ship an item of this weight.

Greedy fukstix

[quote name='chunlirocks']5 bones for shipping Amazon ?

Really.

Greedy fukstix[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='chunlirocks']5 bones for shipping Amazon ?

Really.

Greedy fukstix[/QUOTE]

You're a cool guy.

I have never wanted to play a game I hate so much. Love everything but the actual gameplay, I think I am going to pass.

Finally! I rented this game last year and have wanted it forever. This is a nice price for me. I'll add a nice $6 book I've been wanting and get that free shipping. Thanks OP for the heads up.

I guess there isn't much love for Katherine. Been looking around for scans of the alternate box arts for this game.

Specifically, the censored ones sold in Walmart and the standard/regular one sold in Gamestop. I figured I should be able to find the standard Catherine/Katherine box art easily, but I want Katherine on the PS3 and Catherine on the 360 boxes.

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to make my own box art.

Ultimately, planning on printing a cover of Katherine on one side and then Catherine on the other depending on which console I get the game for.

Tried thecoverproject.net and vgboxart.com and no luck finding the originals.

Good deal if you missed out on the gamefly ones.

If it hasn't been mentioned the PS3 version is better overall, look up why if your deciding between versions.

I kind of regret getting the love is over deluxe edition. I haven't even opened it yet. Could have waited and saved myself $40 bucks.

I'm finding it harder and harder to justify this bonus swag unless you're a die hard fan of the franchise.

Doesn't seem like it will, but this is defiantly the cheapest the game has been (new and for longer than 2 hours) since its release.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Doesn't seem like it will, but this is defiantly the cheapest the game has been (new and for longer than 2 hours) since its release.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I'm in a dilemma right now, Catherine has been at the top of my wishlist for too long and I want to pull the trigger NOW but I know I'll hate myself if it goes cheaper on amazon for Black Friday... Oh lord... CAG has made me into a monster!!!! :roll:
Seems strange to me that 2 weeks prior to BF this game goes on sale and they are not even price matching a competitor... does Amazon want to push sales before the ultimate Catherine sale??? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No!! Cheapest its been was $15 on GF(I doubt you will see it at that price again, if not not for a LONG time) or when it was 1200 MSP last month (Thats when I got it). I know BF is in 2 weeks, but this game is well worth the price of $20. $40 is a great price for this game now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VenomA7X']Doesn't seem like it will, but this is defiantly the cheapest the game has been (new and for longer than 2 hours) since its release.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I'm in a dilemma right now, Catherine has been at the top of my wishlist for too long and I want to pull the trigger NOW but I know I'll hate myself if it goes cheaper on amazon for Black Friday... It seems strange to me that 2 weeks prior to BF this game goes on sale and they are not even price matching a competitor... does Amazon want to push sales before the ultimate Catherine sale??? :whistle2:k

Oh lord... CAG has made me into a monster... :roll:

I'm hoping for a nice sale on BF for it. $20 isn't bad, but it's not earth shatteringly good either for a game that has been out so long.

[quote name='Fabrizo']I'm hoping for a nice sale on BF for it. $20 isn't bad, but it's not earth shatteringly good either for a game that has been out so long.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinking. On the other hand, if the game's been out this long and hasn't gone below $20, it may never. (IIRC this is the first time it's even been below $30).

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I want this but still too much. I will wait for 10.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will ever get that low....have fun waiting :|

Seeing on the site now are the following prices for standard editions:

PS3 - $22.49
360 - $26.45

[quote name='husyk']Seeing on the site now are the following prices for standard editions:

PS3 - $22.49
360 - $26.45[/QUOTE]

3rd party seller. look under 'more buying choices' for amazon.com, still 19.99. temp oos though

[quote name='husyk']Seeing on the site now are the following prices for standard editions:

PS3 - $22.49
360 - $26.45[/QUOTE]

Amazon is OOS... "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available". Says my cart.

[quote name='Rodster']I was planning on buying it at $20 but read the game can be frustratingly hard. Is that true? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Im playing on easy and i haven't once used youtube or a walkthrough to pass a level. Like ive said this is my first puzzle game and I love it. I might just start playthrough #2 right away since I like this game so much and thats a rare feat with black ops coming on tuesday and BF in 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']I kind of regret getting the love is over deluxe edition. I haven't even opened it yet. Could have waited and saved myself $40 bucks.

I'm finding it harder and harder to justify this bonus swag unless you're a die hard fan of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

You will be a die hard fan once you play it. It will kick your ass & you'll keep coming back for more.

I'm very tempted to get this. I want the game but there are tons of other games coming out that I want too.

Had it, loved it, frustrated the hell out of me, traded it off.

I have the artbook and CD if anyone would like to offer something up for it. Drop me a PM.

Just beat it and perfect game.

BTW this game will not be no $20 not for at the earliest another year, so don't kid yourself and buy it now if you have any intrest.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Is it trolling to hit every endless Catherine praise thread to tell you that the puzzles are boring and redundant and the game is like a predictable Q-Bert melodrama? I'd pass on this, or wait till $10.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it is. ;)

then stop playing on easy and get past the 4th stage.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Is it trolling to hit every endless Catherine praise thread to tell you that the puzzles are boring and redundant and the game is like a predictable Q-Bert melodrama? I'd pass on this, or wait till $10.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Love is Over edition because I was so excited for Catherine. I started to play it got to third world or whatever it's called realized all the puzzles were the same, completely disappointed. Catherine is literally the reason why I am hesitant to preorder games because I feel like I was burned. It is also the reason why I play demos for every game I am interested in buying because if I would have played the demo first, instead of saving the experience for the first time I played it, I wouldn't have played this garbage game and saved $79.99. I love puzzle games, I love Jrpgs, I love quirky Japanese games, I am not a COD/Gears/Madden Numbskull. Catherine lines up with all my exact types of games I usually play and Catherine is literally the biggest disappointment for me this generation. Save your money avoid this trash.

[quote name='confoosious']Trolls are trying hard tonight. Huh?[/QUOTE]

Bad game is a bad game. Not trolling just trying to help out fellow Cags.

bread's done
Back