160GB Slim PS3 + 2nd controller + free game for $259 shipped at Walmart

JaTaN

CAGiversary!
To the people who want a regular slim console then Walmart has:
160GB Slim PS3 + 2nd DS3 controller + 1 game for $259 shipped
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS3-Ultimate-Bundle-70-Value/20655836

Controller is worth $35 at BF pricing so console + game is $224 which isn't that bad for a slim PS3

If you have a Discover card then ShopDiscover has 5% cash back at Walmart & they have the quarterly 5% for online shopping (YMMV on the quarterly 5% since they might classify Walmart as a discount store, but ShopDiscover should work fine)

[quote name='MrBoss']Better deal coming this BF.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not on these models.

I do know this model is selling for $200 at Sam's club right now.

[quote name='MrBoss']Better deal coming this BF.[/QUOTE]
Don't think there will be too many deals on a brand new Slim on BF since it is being phased out for the Super Slim nowadays. I haven't seen an old 160GB Slim for sale anymore, and the 320GB Bundles are starting to disappear from retailers (at least over here anyways.)

Some of the original slims are desirable due to the firmware that comes with it (I think this is true) but I don't see many in-stores that are not UC3 bundles.

Yeah, they are having all these great deals on the super slim, but I've seen nothing on the 320gb original slims in my area. They're all still $300

[quote name='aaronrodgers']It'd be a better deal if the Game selection wasn't crap. Although Yakuza Dead Souls is on there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who really wants Batman: AA for xbox 360 to go with their PS3? :roll:

If you want to get a PS3 I strongly recomend the 200-220 dollar one thats 250 GB and comes with Infamous collection and Uncharted Dual pack.

[quote name='Kikyou1']If you want to get a PS3 I strongly recomend the 200-220 dollar one thats 250 GB and comes with Infamous collection and Uncharted Dual pack.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you want to miss the entire point of this thread: people who want the regular slim not the super slim. :roll:

If I hadn't just found a completely weird deal at Target, I'd probably go for this one. It's the best I've seen so far. And the game selection is not crap. There are several triple-A titles there. They're just games most of us who already own the system probably have.

I have no idea if it's chain-wide, but the one local Target that still has the 160GB model put them on sale for $25 off. One store still had a MW3 bundle that was also $25 off ($275 since it's a 320GB model). But it rang up $260. And it didn't charge any tax, which saved me another $22. So I went with that. :cool:

[quote name='JaTaN']To the people who want a regular slim console then Walmart has:
160GB Slim PS3 + 2nd DS3 controller + 1 game for $259 shipped
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS3-Ultimate-Bundle-70-Value/20655836

Controller is worth $35 at BF pricing so console + game is $224 which isn't that bad for a slim PS3[/QUOTE]

I think they've had this deal for a couple weeks now. It's kinda tempting but I already have a couple extra controllers. Main reason I passed was I didn't see any games I wanted

[quote name='GBAstar']Maybe not on these models.

I do know this model is selling for $200 at Sam's club right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked with my closet Sam's yesterday, but they're all out and said they aren't getting any so I won't be able to PM at BBY =(

[quote name='aaronrodgers']It'd be a better deal if the Game selection wasn't crap. Although Yakuza Dead Souls is on there.[/QUOTE]

I don't see YDS on the list. I already have that but I could've given it to a friend. Only decent game I see on the list is Binary Domain IMO but I have that as well

bread's done
Back