[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

Not online, in store only.

Select stores, not sure which ones across the country are doing, but i'm sure you'll be able to find one.

Cheapy, looks like you're going to have to edit teh Cheapies for this year ;)

Can someone kindly post this on Fatwallet and other deal sites and give credit to jt2k3 (and CAG, if you feel like it).
I know some other deal sites will do it (and take credit for it) if someone here doesn't do it first.

Thanks.

Man oh man...I hate this...I'm spending WAY too much money now that I visit these boards...in a good way, of course.

I want Silent Hill 3, Amplitude, Ico...maybe Botkai...is Auto Modellista worth 20? Cause it's on-line right?

I wish some more newer games were on the list :( but i cant complain much! I'll finally be able to pick up some games i didnt have a chance to!

F-Zero GX for 19.99?! Thats MEGATON!

Plus, this isn't the full list. Just HIGHLIGHTS of a much bigger list, around 500 games.

Is there any sort of printed AD for this sale?
Where are we getting this info?

So maybe if our store isn't having the same sale we could hope they'd do a price matchif I had a print out in hand?

I'd have to get it from work and scan it in to my computer... I'll try to get it to you guys for Friday

There is going to be an advertisement in local papers (Black and White) Thursday night, this might be on it, might not be.

Only way to get a list is to get it from a store that is doing it. The stores doing it will be supplied with the neccesary signage.

All games will be marked with huge green stickers advertising the price

[quote name='jt2k3']I'd have to get it from work and scan it in to my computer... I'll try to get it to you guys for Friday[/quote]

Anything would help... espically if it has some sort of logo or code that would verify to the KB employee that we didn't make this up... in our dreams! :)

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='jt2k3']There is going to be an advertisement in local papers (Black and White) Thursday night, this might be on it, might not be.

ONly way to get a list is to get it from a store that is doing it. The stores doing it will be supplied with the neccesary signage.

All games will be marked with huge green stickers advertising the price[/quote]

Do you work there?

I hope they decide to take the games out of the glass case behind
the register or else someone is going to be standing behind me waiting awhile!

[quote name='craven_fiend']How much of a trade in value does Boktai have?[/quote]

Ugh, why dont you let other people buy and enjoy the game for Christmas instead of buying out their stock to trade in for a few extra bucks?

My KB is a non-live video store.. We have an entire room that people can go in and pick out THEIR OWN GAMES. So we don't have to worry about that. I don't know how other stores are gonna do it tho ;) I know that both LIve Video (glass Cases) and non-live video stores are doing the promotion.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can someone kindly post this on Fatwallet and other deal sites and give credit to jt2k3 (and CAG, if you feel like it).
I know some other deal sites will do it (and take credit for it) if someone here doesn't do it first.

Thanks.[/quote]

Why in the world would you want this, or any other deal, posted on FW. I would think you would know by now that it's the kiss of death for any deal.

We must keep this our secret lol...seriously we should try to keep it with us to avoid anyone getting that stuff before us.

I'm not selfish or greedy at all! Swears it...

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='CheapyD']Can someone kindly post this on Fatwallet and other deal sites and give credit to jt2k3 (and CAG, if you feel like it).

Thanks.[/quote]

Why in the world would you want this, or any other deal, posted on FW. I would think you would know by now that it's the kiss of death for any deal.[/quote]

But its in-store.. So you only have to worry about the stores around you, not some online warehouse

But seriously, it's not just the active people on fat wallet(probably numbering in the high hundred thousands to millions) it's also the tons of lurkers there getting our deals. We need to keep these gold mines like this to fellow CAGs. Some things are better left unsaid.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='CheapyD']Can someone kindly post this on Fatwallet and other deal sites and give credit to jt2k3 (and CAG, if you feel like it).

Thanks.[/quote]

Why in the world would you want this, or any other deal, posted on FW. I would think you would know by now that it's the kiss of death for any deal.[/quote]

Because VGtalk or other deal sites will post it anyway and take credit for it. You know its going to get there anyway, whether its tonight or tomorrow morning.

Actually, I see it was already posted on IGN, and now on bargainshare. At least Miranda gave props to jared, like they always do there.

There are a bunch of Northern NJ and NY City CAGs around here. So if anybody knows of any stores around here doing it, let us know. :) I will make some calls tomorrow and if I find any I will post.

Speaking of northern NJ, anyone know what time the ledgewood NJ store opens? I have work at 8am but will call in late for this sale if I have to.

If you want credit, you should hurry and make a followup post since it was just posted on FW. I would do it for you, but Tim has forbidden me from posting there again.

Panzer Dragoon Orta 9.99
Brute Force 9.99
Blinx 9.99
Otogi 14.99
Ico 9.99
Amplitude 9.99
Botkai 9.99

I'll be looking for those.

[quote name='LiquidKil']But seriously, it's not just the active people on fat wallet(probably numbering in the high hundred thousands to millions) it's also the tons of lurkers there getting our deals. We need to keep these gold mines like this to fellow CAGs. Some things are better left unsaid.[/quote]

Not to mention that on FW, lots of people are there for reselling purporses. When the EA deal from a few weeks ago was posted there, there were people boasting about how they ordered 10 - 30 copies of games. I can already see people on FW, planning on getting to KB at opening on Saturday to buy out the entire inventory of some of the hotter games just for Ebay.

Anyway, if my local KB is involved in this, I hope they display the games better because the games are in a case now and you can't even tell what games they have. I want to try to get PDO since I missed out on it when Best Buy had it for $9.99

bread's done
Back