- - - - -

[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

#361 Owen   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:36 PM

The Sunland store had Otogi, PN 03, and Brute Force from your list when I left. I got Moto Gp 2 XB $20, Pride Fighting PS2 $10 and the last copy of Boktai $10. I called every store in the area looking for Amplitude PS2 and no stores had any sealed copies in stock at $10. So if anyone finds a copy and is looking to trade maybe for one of the Circuit City $10 Clearance games, PM me.

#362 flashburn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:45 PM

Would anyone be able to pick me up a copy of Otogi, Xenosaga, + Mark of Kri? It would be greatly appreciated as my store was out of stock on those titles. I can pay via paypal. My email is ez@ericz.net or you can AIM me at flashburn2012 .

Thanks

#363 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:47 PM

Checking in... Wayne, NJ Willowbrook Mall KB, and West Paterson, NJ KB in the Pathmark/Kohl's strip mall are participating. Grabbed 5 Xbox games, FZero, and Boktai for $105. Wow, thanks CAG and jt2k3....

dave

#364 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:00 PM

I just wiped out the Lancaster store. Bought all the good PS2/Cube games I could carry. I LOVE sales!

Unfortunately, they didn't have Dark Cloud 2. That's the game that I REALLY wanted to get. (shrug) Oh well.

#365 AvidWriter   The Fictioner CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:03 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: No stores near me and I'm working today and tomorrow :x

#366 sctakeshi   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

sctakeshi

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:07 PM

So would anybody be able to pick up some games for me? If you can get me F-Zero GX and Boktai, I'd gladly pay for them + shipping. Please let me know. (I'm also looking for World Series Baseball 2k3 (Xbox version), Ico, and Xenosaga, though F-Zero and Boktai are the ones I want the most). I just called my KB again and they aren't doing the sale (they didn't know what I was talking about but they told me Boktai was $30 so...)

#367 Nogib   *squeezing* the *juice* CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:08 PM

Would have loved to have picked up a few things like F-Zero GX, Wario World, Dark Cloud 2, and Dino Crisis 3, but sadly there are no participating stores in my area. :(

#368 jojoschump2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

jojoschump2000

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:11 PM

Boise, ID

FYI: No participating stores. Thanks for the info about the kb clearance, too bad no stores here participating. :(

#369 mongo_mongo   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   25 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

mongo_mongo

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:11 PM

More Chicago suburban stores with the 9.99-19.99 deal:

Oak Brook Center
Yorktown Center

Was only looking for Gamecube stuff, both stores have plenty of F-Zero & every other GCN sale titles. Only Oak Brook location had about 4 copies of PN03 left (as of about 45 min ago).

#370 Togepy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:27 PM

Just got back from the Brooklyn, NY store with: Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dark Cloud 2 and Boktai. I was really looking for Amplitude, but they didn't have it. The games weren't even marked down yet, so they had to mark them down while I was there. I might check the store in the mall later tonight.

#371 chickenlou   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

chickenlou

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:27 PM

Got to the Manhattan Mall KB at 8am - saw a couple of other guys there with printouts. Got the last copy of Otogi and WSB2k3, picked up Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower 3, Xenosaga and Wave Race,. Bling bling!

There were no copies of Arc the Lad, Drarkan, NBA Street 2... Thanks cheapassgamer!

#372 maseresurrection   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

maseresurrection

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:28 PM

I'm curious to why so many people are picking up PN 03-- the game's not that great, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.

#373 Nogib   *squeezing* the *juice* CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:30 PM

Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.

It was originally in the plain text the other day IIRC, but it's not on the scanned list.

#374 elprincipe   NES > you CAGiversary!   5291 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:39 PM

Just back from the Pentagon City (Arlington, VA) store. Not many people looking and a big table full of clearanced games, but there wasn't the widest variety. I got...

F-Zero GX
Disney PK Donald Duck
Bomberman Generation (extra 10% off because it wasn't in the plastic :))
Boktai

I wanted to get Summoner for GC but it rang up as 19.99 and not 14.99 and I had seen it cheaper than 19.99. There was at least one more Boktai there that I saw.

Thanks for JT and Cheapy for blowing the lid off this deal!

#375 jalu6   jalu1-5 was already taken CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:42 PM

i checked out 3 North NJ stores today. All were participating in the 9-19 sale...

Bergen Mall (stock was almost gone)
Rt 17 (Next to Kmart, store was empty and they had tons of games on the list)
Mahwah (Interstate Plaza)

I picked up dynasty warriors 4, dark cloud 2 and f-zero, but all three stores had botaki, panzer dragon and otagi in stock as of noon, for anyone whos looking.

thanks for the tips!

#376 pfunkpearl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

pfunkpearl

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:45 PM

Thanks agian JT and Cheapy!!! You rock!

#377 Chi-Town   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Chi-Town

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:47 PM

The Harlem and Irving Plaza KB just outside of Chicago has the Green Dot sale. I picked up ToeJam and Earl 3 and Otogi. They didn't have the sale prices in their computer and tried to charge me $60 but they had a guy putting green stickers on their display cases, called him over, checked the list and I got them for the sale price. Thanks to me they're now aware that the sale prices aren't in their register system.

#378 Fatesealer   Game spoiling expert :-( CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Fatesealer

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:07 PM

Two places in GA that are doing the 9.99-19.99 sale:

Gwinnett Place Mall- Duluth, GA
Stonecrest Mall- Lithonia, GA

I know because I nearly cleaned house at both... got the LAST copies of Dark Cloud 2, Silent Hill 3, and Arc the Lad.

#379 Saint Cornelius   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Saint Cornelius

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:08 PM

Here's a list of malls in the San Diego are that are participating:

-Horton Plaza
-University Towne Centre (UTC)
-Fashion Valley
-Chula Vista Mall
-Parkway Plaza

These malls are NOT PARTICIPATING:

-Mission Valley
-North County Fair
-Grossmont Center

#380 maseresurrection   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

maseresurrection

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:14 PM

[It was originally in the plain text the other day IIRC, but it's not on the scanned list.[/quote]

I assume it's not part of the sale, then...too bad, I wanted WW

#381 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:26 PM

Here's a list of malls in the San Diego are that are participating:

-Horton Plaza
-University Towne Centre (UTC)
-Fashion Valley
-Chula Vista Mall
-Parkway Plaza
Plaza Bonita also
These malls are NOT PARTICIPATING:

-Mission Valley
-North County Fair
-Grossmont Center

i bought: Arc the Lad, Mark of Kri, Rising Zan, and Boktai [i dont even have gba lol] for $48.44...i tried to get grandia 2, but for some reason it was still ringing up at $40..i think the employee was new or something...they didnt have amplitude, aggressive inline, or ico..oh well..but its kinda of a good thing cause i probably wouldnt have time to play all of them..but man $10 deals are just to good to pass up you knoe..

#382 flojomojo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

flojomojo

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:29 PM

Ergg ... no more brick and mortar specials for me, at least not until the new year passes. The malls are a MESS with holiday shoppers, the line at KB was out the door, and nothing was explicitly marked down. There were stacks of games I kinda/sorta wanted, like Otogi and Midtown Madness 3, but I couldn't get in to ask what the real price was.

#383 omicron   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:31 PM

Los Angeles, CA - Fairfield Mall (aka Eagle Rock Plaza) is also having the $9.99 sale

#384 johnp   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   16 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:35 PM

Confirmed -Aventura Mall, Miami FL also has the $9.99 video game clearance sale.

#385 peteyrose   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:55 PM

I'm curious to why so many people are picking up PN 03-- the game's not that great, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.

PN03 rocks.

#386 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:57 PM

I called my store in Burnsville, Minnesota and I asked if they were to "stop selling videogames soon" and he said yes. Is it safe to assume they're going the $10/$20 deal?

#387 JC10001   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   20 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:11 PM

The KB in Arundel Mills didn't have much when I arrived. They had games, but it was only a couple of copies of each.

I picked up:

Boktai
Chaos Legion
Otogi
Lord of the Rings: TTT
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Total: $73.45 including tax.

On a side note, they didn't have Midnight Club 2, F-Zero GX, PN 03, or Brute Force like I was hoping for. The guy said that at opening they had a guy come and buy $400 worth of games.

No one buys that much without the intent of resale. Damnit, I hate people like that.

Heh. I was the first person in line and the guy you are talking about was right behind me. IIRC he was mostly interested in Xbox stuff. He was actually a pretty nice guy. He also heard about the deal from this site. I picked up:

Silent Hill 3
Mark of Kri
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Splinter Cell (GCN)
Agressive Inline (GCN)
Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb (PS2)
Boktai

Damn, I totally forgot about Chaos Legion (it was one of the ones I wanted). There's no way I'm going back there now though. I think I made out ok though. All together it was $120.

#388 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24198 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:22 PM

my mall had the sale but had nothing in stock worth getting

#389 The Cheapest Ass Gamer   Wii shall overcome CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

The Cheapest Ass Gamer

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:31 PM

I went to my KB to try to get Otogi, NBA Street 2, Indiana Jones, Xenosaga, and a few others, and they only had Indy in stock. :(

Oh well, at least I got something. Thanks, jt2k3! :D

#390 daphatty   15 Years Already?! CAGiversary!   6700 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:34 PM

I just got back from the Fashion Center @ Pentagon City KB Toys and picked up Xenosaga PS2 for $10 and Burnout 2 PS2 for $20. It was kinda hard to tell what they still had in stock because they basically had a table with the display boxes just sitting there. Some still had the old prices but I grabbed them anyway and had the clerk do a price check. I would have grabbed F-Zero GX and WaveRace but all they had left was the open box which I wasn't interested in.

Oh, one more thing. Their selection of Xbox games was outstanding (@ ~ 2pm) so if you own an Xbox, get your butt down there.