-University Towne Centre (UTC)
-Fashion Valley
-Chula Vista Mall
-Parkway Plaza

These malls are NOT PARTICIPATING:

-Mission Valley
-North County Fair
-Grossmont Center

Mission Valley is participating. I was there this morning.

#422 macrosby   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

macrosby

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

too bad no are in delaware i woulda prolly bought 300 dollars worth of games

#423 AwesomeD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

Xbox Panzer Dragoon Orta 9.99
Xbox Otogi 14.99
GBA Boktai 9.99
GC PN 03 $19.99
GC Wave Race Blue Storm 14.99
GC Luigi's Mansion 19.99
PS2 Herdy Gerdy 9.99

Wanted to get, F-Zero GX, RE Dead Aim, and Dark Cloud 2, but they were all out

Later tonight going to other KB's with my friend to find the other games.

#424 neojubei   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

neojubei

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:56 PM

KBtoys
Otogi 14.99
Panzer Dragoon Orta 9.99
Shenmue 2 9.99
2 copies of Boktai 9.99 each
Silent Hill 3 19.99

Best Buy

Dead or Alive 3 9.99
LucasArts Xbox experience 0.01

how did i do?
:roll: :roll:

Oh I went to the Cambridgeside galleria in MA at 8am!!!!!

#425 ayolykewhoa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

ayolykewhoa

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:04 AM

Clock Tower 3 $9.99
Panzer Dragoon Orta $9.99
Dark Cloud 2 $14.99
Amplitude $9.99

They ran out of Boktai, F-Zero GX, The Bouncer, and Arc the Lad.

#426 andrew333   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

andrew333

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:48 AM

many thanks to the original deal poster - BRAVO!!!!!!

picked up 8 xbox games for $110

panzer dragoon orta $10
brute force $10
wsb 2k3 $10
mace griffen $10
2 otogis $15 + $15
nascar 2004 $20
moto gp2 $20

was sorry to not find amplitude (i have a copy that i bought from circuit city for $20 that i could return), midnight club 2 and f-zero

not sure if i am going to keep (i) nascar 2004 and (ii) moto gp2

anybody have an opinion?

#427 dustinttt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

dustinttt

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:10 AM

I rocked the heck out of the KayBees at the Susquehanna Valley Mall in Hummels Wharf, PA. From what I gathered, the mall traffic I had to wade through was a cheap ass gaming purgatory because KayBees was a cheap ass gaming heaven. They ran the 9.99-19.99 sale, and here's what I picked up.

Xbox
Panzer Dragoon Orta (2 copies) 9.99
Ghost Recon:Island Thunder 19.99
The Sims 19.99
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes 19.99
Shenmue 2 9.99

PS2
Dark Cloud 2 14.99
Ico (3 copies) 9.99

Gamecube
Eternal Darkness 14.99

My friend picked me up FZero GX in New Jersey for 19.99. At least, that's what he's telling me.

#428 bowsernieb   Aspiring Garfield Laureate CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

bowsernieb

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:13 AM

I rocked the heck out of the KayBees at the Susquehanna Valley Mall in Hummels Wharf, PA. From what I gathered, the mall traffic I had to wade through was a cheap ass gaming purgatory because KayBees was a cheap ass gaming heaven. They ran the 9.99-19.99 sale, and here's what I picked up.

Xbox
The Sims 19.99
Shenmue 2 9.99

PS2
Dark Cloud 2 14.99
Ico (3 copies) 9.99

Gamecube
Eternal Darkness 14.99

My friend picked me up FZero GX in New Jersey for 19.99. At least, that's what he's telling me.

You willing to trade for one of those copies of Ico? PM me if you're interested.

#429 minx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:19 AM

central New Jersey locations definitely doing the sale,

Quaker Bridge Mall
Lawrenceville NJ

Lawrenceville shopping center

Lawrenceville NJ

the selection is slightly better at the second store mentioned.

#430 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8502 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:32 AM

A pretty good, and costly, day for gaming. I'll start with my KB experience, then ramble a little bit...

They had just started putting the special price tags on the games when I got to KB in Cool Springs Galleria this morning. As he was tagging them, I pointed out a few that he missed, and later told him that PS2 Kain Defiance was, unfortunately, not the Kain that was 14.99, as he had marked it.
Many of the games they had were down to the display copy, so I will mark them as "open" in the list. The discs, manuals, and cases are fine.

I got:

PS2--
Mark of Kri 9.99 open (not the last copy, they had another open one)
Ico 9.99 open
Clocktower 3 9.99 open
XenoSaga 9.99
PaRappa The Rapper 2 9.99
Shadow of Destiny 9.99

Xbox--
Fifa 2003 9.99 open
Brute Force 9.99 open
Panzer Dragoon Orta 9.99
Otogi Myth of Demons 14.99
LOTR The Two Towers 14.99 open
The Sims 19.99

GC--
F-Zero GX 19.99

GBA--
Castlevania COTM 9.99 open

Total: $169.86 + $15.72Tax = $185.58

Things I talked myself out of:
Midnight Club 2 Xbox
Midtown Madness 3 Xbox
Silent Hill 3 PS2
World Series Baseball 2K3 Xbox
Reasoning: I am not really into racing games (plus I have Project Gotham 2, and if I get another, it would most likely be NFSU. Silent Hill 3 is bound to be a GH before I'd get a chance to play it, so it'll be $20 soon enough. I always think I need a baseball game, and when I get one, I play it for a few minutes, then it just gathers dust.

Things I wanted, but they did not have:
Boktai GBA -- I have a copy for myself already, would have been a gift.
Broken Sword GBA -- Not a huge deal, but I like those sorts of games (had it on PC), and I have heard the conversion to GBA was done very well.
Vexx GC -- They had both PS2 and Xbox, but cheapass that I am, I didn't want to spend the extra $5.
Splashdown 2 PS2
Activision Anthology PS2
Amplitude PS2
Drakan PS2
Okage PS2
Winback PS2
ARC THE LAD PS2 -- This is the big one, the only one I am really upset about. Life goes on.
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes Xbox
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xbox
Indiana Jones Xbox
NBA Street 2 Xbox

I ran into a newby CAGer at the store, let him look over the list, and gave him first crack at the Panzer Dragoon (but they had a few in stock, so it turned out it wasn't necessary). I think he picked up Ghost Recon.

After KB, I decided to check out some of the nearby stores...

BestBuy:
Having spent so much at KB, I decided I needed to be a little (lot) more conservative. I got an employee to price check Soul Calibur 2 Guide (knew it was a penny), LOTR Two Towers Guide (couldn't remember if it was a penny, but since I just picked up the game at KB, I wanted to check. It was), LucasArts Xbox demo disc, and what the heck, Zelda Collector's Promo Disc. The guy said the discs were each free with their respective system, I said "oh, you have to buy the system", and he said it's Christmas, and not to worry about it. When I got to the checkout, the people in front of me had over $100 worth of stuff, including SOCOM (PS2 GH) I gave them one of the Gamer's coupons that I had bought on a previous visit (one of the ones that expires next year, so I really hope they restock those soon). When I check out, the Zelda disc rings up at $99.99, but I told him that Jeff said it would be free, and he zeroed it out.

Total: $0.03, and out a $5 coupon.

There is a Gamestop in the same parking lot as BB. I always mean to stop there when I go to that BB, but this was the first time I managed to do so. I asked about the magazine with Deus Ex GOTY and Thief 2, no go. I asked if they had Ikaruga, new or used, no go. I asked about the pacman vs. disc, he said it was free with a Namco preorder, but there are no Namco games to preorder, so he gave it to me :D

Total: $0.00

Target was nearby, so I got a raincheck for NBA Jam 2004 (PS2), i.e. 34% off any "regular-priced" game I choose. I am assuming that consoles are not in the same "category" as games -- any Target employees here who can tell us? 34% off a ps2 would be sweet, but seems pretty unlikely (a guy can dream). I did end up getting CastleVania Aria of Sorrow GBA for 14.98, thus completing my GBA Castlevania collection (already had Harmony)

Total: $15.98 + $1.39Tax = $16.37

I had to visit my friend in the Hospital (Sleep study) after that, but I was pretty much done anyway.

Grand Total for the day: $201.98

I need a good cheapass therapist.

#431 hey now   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:09 AM

I was able to pick up:

Xenosaga-9.99
Dark Cloud 2-14.99
Clock Tower 3-9.99
Boktai (last copy=whew)9.99
Shinobi(last copy)9.99
Draken 2-9.99

I wanted to get some Cube games but the only ones included in the sale that I was intrested in were Splinter Cell and P.N.03, and they didn't have either. I also wanted to get Ryger and Ico but they didn't have those either, but all in all good deals for me. I have to do a little more Christmas shopping tommorow so I'll probably pop in again to see if their is anything else I might want.

#432 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:11 AM

Xbox
The Sims 19.99
Shenmue 2 9.99

PS2
Dark Cloud 2 14.99
Ico (3 copies) 9.99

Gamecube
Eternal Darkness 14.99

I'll take one of those Ico's too if you're interested. PM me

#433 dustinttt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

dustinttt

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:19 AM

I now have 4 copies of Ico. One was from a Walmart clearance bin for 15 dollars and 89 cents. I'm having second thoughts on some of the games I bought, so if anybody wants anything, PM me.

#434 youruglyclone   Last Man in Userplane CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

youruglyclone

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

my list of swag

3 stores hit in the nyc area

in no particular order

boktai x 4
RE dead aim
dino stalker (in a very guncom2 kinda mood)
otogi
mark of kri
bomberman generations
brute force
arc the lad
xenosaga
amplitude

supposedly
tao feng(gotta give kabuto chojin company I suppose)
f-zero gx

all and all a good day for gaming a bad day for my bank account

#435 Bar81   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

If anyone got a new F-Zero GC and would be interested in swapping it for a new ESPN Football XBox pm me

#436 dustinttt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

dustinttt

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:28 AM

They had about 20 copies of arc the lad for ps2 at the kb I was at. I'm regretting not picking a copy up.

#437 oNeWiNgEdAnGeL   ROCKDOOMFLOW CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:46 AM

Things I wanted, but they did not have:
ARC THE LAD PS2 -- This is the big one, the only one I am really upset about. Life goes on.

If you want, I could swap my Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits for your Panzer Dragoon Orta and ICO. I'll throw in $5.00 to even out the deal.

#438 oNeWiNgEdAnGeL   ROCKDOOMFLOW CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:54 AM

My freakin' mom returned Otogi: Mtyh of Demons at Toys R' Us and go $39.99 store credit there to buy my baby cousin a Christmas gift. I hate when she does this.

She told me she'll go pick up the same game tomorrow, and I'll ask her to look for other games that I didn't see today.

#439 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:59 AM

My freakin' mom returned Otogi: Mtyh of Demons at Toys R' Us and go $39.99 store credit there to buy my baby cousin a Christmas gift. I hate when she does this.

She told me she'll go pick up the same game tomorrow, and I'll ask her to look for other games that I didn't see today.

Wow, your mom is a jerk!

#440 minx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:00 AM

I feel your pain

the only reason I actually went out today was for Otogi

Yes, I wanted other games, but Otogi was what shoved me out the door

At the second store, I managed to find arc the lad: twilight of spirits and boktai -- both on my backup list in case Otogi wasn't there -- but no Otogi

Now that I'm home, I realize that being a Sega game, Otogi will still be there in some form for years to come -- so I really did get a better deal going out and not getting what I came for:-)

#441 dustinttt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

dustinttt

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:05 AM

I feel really bad because I picked up Otogi for THIRTY DOLLARS a few weeks ago. Damn you ebay.

#442 telemundus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

telemundus

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:06 AM

Just got back from the KB in Newburgh, NY. They were doing the 9.99 clearance sale. They had a few copies of Ico left and some f-zero's in addition to a good amount of xbox games. I picked up Otogi and Dark Cloud 2. I am regretting not getting Brute Force right now though. Tomorrow, I am going to check the Galleria at Crystal Run in Middletown, NY. My guess is they have the blanket 20% off.
Thanks to jt2k3 for giving everyone a big Christmas gift.

#443 Cable387   Naked and Sticky! CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:47 AM

Just got back from my KB that was having this deal. They didn't have Ico :( , so I bought Metroid Prime as a gift and Boktai for myself. Is this deal still going in for a few more days? My store had tons of Arc the Lad copies and I didn't get one, and I'm regretting it now. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow.

#444 jt2k3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:56 AM

The deal is "until furthur notice", aka until we run out

#445 Togepy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:25 AM

Went to the KB store in the mall just now still in search of Amplitude. I called them earlier and they said they had alot. I went and there were either none left, the lady on the phone lied, or they couldn't find them. I'm guessing the second one. I did pick up Toe Jam and Earl plus all the other stuff I got in the morning.

If anyone is willing to pick up a copy of Amplitude for me, I'll pay you $10 plus whatever the shipping is through paypal. Thanks alot.

#446 BigDirty   Moderator Emeritus CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:48 AM

central New Jersey locations definitely doing the sale,

Quaker Bridge Mall
Lawrenceville NJ

Lawrenceville shopping center

Lawrenceville NJ

the selection is slightly better at the second store mentioned.

As of about 9:00ish this evening, both were out of pretty much everything. And the Texas Ave store really looked like a bomb went off in it.

#447 Fatesealer   Game spoiling expert :-( CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Fatesealer

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:49 AM

Oh, I forgot to post what I got:
DC- Display Copy
LC- Last Copy
FS- Factory Sealed

Grandia 2 (PS2)- FS
Arc The Lad (PS2)- FS, LC
Burnout 2 (PS2)- FS, LC
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 (PS2)- DC, LC
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)- DC, LC, DOESN'T WORK!!! Returned it shall be...
Okage (PS2)- DC, LC
Auto Modellista (PS2)- DC
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)- FS, LC

I have one other KB I haven''t tried yet.. hopefully they'll have a copy of Silent Hill 3 to exchange and Chaos Legion to purchase.

#448 endlessxshadow   WHEN'S MAHVEL CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

endlessxshadow

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:50 AM

OMG XDDDDD

#449 Shadows916   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Shadows916

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:12 AM

After my original finds this morning, I ended up going BACK out to two more KB stores (since I am a greedy girl and wasn't happy with the first two this morning), where I picked up Grandia II and Onimusha II. Ended up passing on Rygar although I wanted it, because my friend said I could borrow his forever because he's done.

All of my stores had tons of the usually-more-pricey games listed here, like Dark Cloud 2 and Arc the Lad, but I already have them both so I couldn't get in on the deal. Ho hum. Anyways, Games bought from this sale total 9 in all, plus Castlevania and FFX.

*purrr* Mm yummy gaming goodness for cheap makes me deliriously happy. So thanks for posting this info guys, this site keeps making me blissfully happy.

And.. broke. Very, very broke. Naughty cheepassgamer! ^_~

-Nika

#450 swinte   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:58 AM

Walla Walla, WA KB is completely stripped clean. The manager said that they will be getting re-stock over the next few days and that they will continue with the $9.99-19.99 prices for awhile.