#272 jms493   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

2015 Challengers

http://www.motorauth...em-supercharged

2015-dodge-challenger_100464363_l.jpg

#273 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

want want want want! take my money!

Saw a new Vette at Home Depot this weekend. It looks HOT! Interior looks great too!
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#274 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Bought this bad boy a few months ago. Didn't know we had a Car thread on here honestly. Always wanted one of these growing up and it popped up for 10k at one of the local used car dealers. Not too bad on mileage when I got it either at only 95k. Was completely stock still as well. Been pretty good for me and it's been fun learning how to drive a 5-speed as well.

3lu7nSg.jpg

nM884UD.jpg

Posted Image

#275 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

so i'm narrowing down a new car to either the Honda Civic EX or the EX-L.

The L costs about 1600 more and you get this in addition to the EX.   

• 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Fog Lights
  • Body-Colored, Heated, Power Side Mirrors, including Expanded View Driver's Mirror

Basically the only thing that seems to be useful is the 17 alloy wheels and fog lights.  Trying to justify the extra $1600.  I figure fog lights are a safety feature. ok.   are 17 inch wheels safer than 16?   The rest is pretty much cosmetic.

Thoughts?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#276 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Bigger wheels can give a harsher ride and 16" tires are much cheaper than 17's. As for safety, the only advantage is increased handling capability provided that you have the right tires. If you're gong to be rocking the OEM (shitty-in)all-season Michelin econo-tires, it's not going to make a difference.

Fogs help, but if the lo-beams are bright enough or scatter enough, they aren't really necessary unless you travel in a really foggy area. I'd actually argue that heated mirrors is a great safety feature because it keeps your mirrors dry in all sorts of wet weather. It's one of my must-have features.

The most important advice I can give you about leather seats is that if they're not perforated, DO NOT BUY unless you enjoy having swamp-ass in the summer. I compromise on it because I hate getting static shocks from cloth seats in the winter.

Oh and heated seats can be hit or miss. Like porridge at the Three Bears' House, some will be too hot(cook your balls), some won't be strong enough(balls won't feel a thing), and some will be just right(balls will be nice and toasty).
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#277 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Good notes thanks. I will be rocking the shitty OEM tires because I'm not gonna waste a new set of tires. I suppose I could sell them on CL but seems to be a hassle.

Anyone know if the civic leather is perforated?

Edit: Internet says yes.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#278 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

What you could also do is negotiate to swap tires to better ones as dealer take-offs. OEM tires tend to be extremely overpriced to begin with, like around $225-250-ish, and you can get a MUCH better set of spring/summer/fall tires for close to half that. Better tires=more safety, so I'd say it's worth a shot to try and negotiate. I'm guessing that if it's too cold or there's snow, you'd jump in your Subaru anyways, so no need for winter tires.
dohdough.png

#279 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

I'm gonna test drive the impreza just to be sure but it doesn't compare in reliability to the civic.

Ees7Y.jpg

#280 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4023 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I also like leather seats because they're easier to clean when or if you spill something on them.

mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#281 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

so i'm narrowing down a new car to either the Honda Civic EX or the EX-L.

The L costs about 1600 more and you get this in addition to the EX.   

• 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Fog Lights
  • Body-Colored, Heated, Power Side Mirrors, including Expanded View Driver's Mirror

Basically the only thing that seems to be useful is the 17 alloy wheels and fog lights.  Trying to justify the extra $1600.  I figure fog lights are a safety feature. ok.   are 17 inch wheels safer than 16?   The rest is pretty much cosmetic.

Thoughts?

I don't think I will buy another car without the heated or power seats.  The power makes a huge difference when you have different people driving the car.  If my wife wants to drive it, she just presses her button and it resets to her position.  The heated seats are great too and heat up a lot faster than the heater does.  Does the Civic have multiple heat settings or is it just on/off?

The fog lights do help a bit.  The 17's are just cosmetic and like dohdough said, probably a harsher ride, though I don't know if you'd notice it too much.  

Cleaning would be a main reason to get leather like soulvengeance said.  If you have kids, you will appreciate not having to pull out the woolite every time they spill something.

Another question is, how much of it can you get back when you sell it?  You can think of it as an "investment" if you can get a few hundred dollars more for having those features.

fs_overall.png

#282 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I also like leather seats because they're easier to clean when or if you spill something on them.

If you have kids, you will appreciate not having to pull out the woolite every time they spill something.

This is why there will be NO EATING in daddy's car. :D

Good tip on the memory seats too!

Since I love talking about myself: Despite my affinity towards getting a Lexus, I can't help but want to go back to a Honda/Acura. I've been cruising cars.com for a TL-S or TSX SE, but I can't seem to think I'll be happy in either one. The new WRX looks and fits great, but for the money it'll cost to get it spec'd out the way I want, I might as well just buy myself an Integra and a Camry for the gf and call it a day. :rofl:
dohdough.png

#283 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'll probably be the only one driving the civic. It's for fuel economy. If anyone else wants to drive, they'll take the forester anyway. That car is fun to drive.

I think you bastards have convinced me to pay for the eX-L. Somehow I've gone from "just need a safe reliable car with good mpg" to the top of the line civic. Greeeeeat.

I don't need it till July. I wonder if it'll have car play integration by then. Edit - no car play integration in 2014. Maybe catch a July 4th sale.

@dohdough - good luck with that rule. You'll have Cheerios everywhere before you know it.

Ees7Y.jpg

#284 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

I think you bastards have convinced me to pay for the eX-L. Somehow I've gone from "just need a safe reliable car with good mpg" to the top of the line civic. Greeeeeat.

That means we've done our job. :D
dohdough.png

#285 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

That means we've done our job. :D

I'll go buy a BRZ instead just to piss you off. :)

Ees7Y.jpg

#286 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I'll go buy a BRZ instead just to piss you off. :)

Nah, you'll just wonder why you didn't buy one sooner! ;)

Seriously though, my thoughts are that if you're going to spend a lot of time in the seat, you might as well get something you'll enjoy and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extras.
dohdough.png

#287 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

Seriously though, my thoughts are that if you're going to spend a lot of time in the seat, you might as well get something you'll enjoy and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extras.

I'm mostly of this mindset too but it hurts the wallet.  

I've driven a ton of rentals and boy, sitting in a shitty car is awful.  Things aren't where they should be, it's noisy, there's no acceleration, people throw shit at you.

Ees7Y.jpg

#288 EvilIA   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'll probably be the only one driving the civic. It's for fuel economy. If anyone else wants to drive, they'll take the forester anyway. That car is fun to drive.

I don't need it till July. I wonder if it'll have car play integration by then. Edit - no car play integration in 2014. Maybe catch a July 4th sale.

@dohdough - good luck with that rule. You'll have Cheerios everywhere before you know it.

What year Forester?

#289 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

What year Forester?

14 XT. Love it. Sucks on mpg. And I wish it had blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic detection though but overall really great. Sight lines are fantastic and I feel as safe as can be.

Ees7Y.jpg

#290 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'm glad I won't have to deal with this anymore.  The Treg is a beast in the snow though.  It makes me wonder how much better it would be with snow tires.

13999295455_e86d41eff9_z.jpg

fs_overall.png

#291 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

14 XT. Love it. Sucks on mpg. And I wish it had blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic detection though but overall really great. Sight lines are fantastic and I feel as safe as can be.

Have you tried adjusting your mirrors?

cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-originhttp://media.carandd...-s-original.jpg]

It took me a little while to get used to it, but it helps a lot.

I'm glad I won't have to deal with this anymore.  The Treg is a beast in the snow though.  It makes me wonder how much better it would be with snow tires.

13999295455_e86d41eff9_z.jpg

I'd imagine by a noticeable amount. I'm probably so used to snow tires in the winter that I feel insecure without them. That one drive when I borrowed my folks' CRV was a bit terrifying because I could feel the slippage during a snow storm in the middle of December and the tires weren't even close to being bald. The pricetag is worth the piece of mind IMO.
dohdough.png

#292 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Interesting.  I will try it.   I want technology and cameras to do the hard work for me though. ;)

Ees7Y.jpg

#293 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6401 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

LOLZ...yeah, back up cameras are AWESOME. If I end up keeping the BRZ, that'll be my next mod.
dohdough.png

#294 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Have you tried adjusting your mirrors?

http://media.carandd...-s-original.jpg]

It took me a little while to get used to it, but it helps a lot.

I'd imagine by a noticeable amount. I'm probably so used to snow tires in the winter that I feel insecure without them. That one drive when I borrowed my folks' CRV was a bit terrifying because I could feel the slippage during a snow storm in the middle of December and the tires weren't even close to being bald. The pricetag is worth the piece of mind IMO.

I remember reading about that in a AAA magazine when I first started driving.  It's much better than the "normal" way since it gives you a much better view of what's around you.  

Yeah, it's definitely on my list of things to consider.  I also want to get a true back up camera since the '11 only came with sensors.

fs_overall.png

#295 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

I have a backup camera but I turn around in my seat anyway. Just used to it.

I feel like it's not really that useful. Blind spot monitoring though I think would be helpful since it helps you avoid split second decision errors.

You know what is awesome but a complete luxury? Adaptive cruise control. I set it at 75 and just let it adjust down for me if necessary.

I'm gonna try the mirror adjustment in the honda my friend lent me while he's out of town. Hopefully I don't crash his car.

Ees7Y.jpg

#296 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

You know what is awesome but a complete luxury? Adaptive cruise control. I set it at 75 and just let it adjust down for me if necessary.

Hmm, I don't use regular cruise control now because I don't trust the car.  That might be what allows me to use it.

fs_overall.png

#297 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

if you don't trust regular cruise control, it's gonna be hard to trust that the front collision sensor works.

Ees7Y.jpg

#298 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Going to the Nürburgring in July for a couple of days on my europe trip. Still wondering which car I should rent for the ring. There seem to be a few outfits, but the one I picked has the choice between the

VW Scirocco Cup+

And

VW Golf 7 GTI Performance

2nd day i'm pretty certain i'm going for the Porsche Carrera S 997

I've never driven one before and it seems like this is as good a time as any to try one.

#299 jms493   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

14010084381_fe231a47d9_k.jpgDodge (10) by jms493, on Flickr

14013273975_815ebebc08_k.jpgDodge (11) by jms493, on Flickr

13990156696_e924d88592_k.jpgDodge (12) by jms493, on Flickr

14033272533_3b657fb58a_k.jpgDodge (13) by jms493, on Flickr

14013272865_7a67831784_k.jpgDodge (14) by jms493, on Flickr

13990155416_0240589e8c_k.jpgDodge (15) by jms493, on Flickr

jms493, on Flickr

13990154536_2cda991d8a_k.jpgDodge (17) by jms493, on Flickr

14033270553_9579bd5355_k.jpgDodge (18) by jms493, on Flickr

13990153666_06cd53579f_k.jpgDodge (19) by jms493, on Flickr