* * * * * 1 votes

CAG Car Thread!

#151 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

So people ask me why I got the Wagon version

1480684_10151807487119142_1913548349_n.j

#152 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

The BRZ is at the dealer for a new fuel pump and injector, so they gave me a Mazda 3 4-door hatch as a loaner and I have to admit that it isn't that bad! The steering wheel has a great weighted feel for dd-ing, the engine doesn't sound like it's wringing itself out when you hit the gas, a VERY smooth and gradual powerband, and most importantly, it's a hatch! The only things I'd improve are the seats and better tires(cause everyone should).

If it wasn't for my love of the Lexus CTh, it'd be a Very serious contender for the babymobile.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#153 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Zoglog, that's awesome!  I am surprised at how much smaller those lcd boxes are though.  When I bought my 52" in 2008, it barely fit on the flatbed of my friend's pickup and it had to go standing up.

dohdough, they are good cars.  My sister has a 2005 3i and it's still going strong with over 100k miles and no major problems.  I would love to test drive a mazdaspeed 3.

fs_overall.png

#154 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

The BRZ is at the dealer for a new fuel pump and injector, so they gave me a Mazda 3 4-door hatch as a loaner and I have to admit that it isn't that bad! The steering wheel has a great weighted feel for dd-ing, the engine doesn't sound like it's wringing itself out when you hit the gas, a VERY smooth and gradual powerband, and most importantly, it's a hatch! The only things I'd improve are the seats and better tires(cause everyone should).

If it wasn't for my love of the Lexus CTh, it'd be a Very serious contender for the babymobile.

Was it a 2013 or 2014?  I was thinking about trading in my G35 on one of these since we want a little more room.

mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#155 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

dohdough, they are good cars.  My sister has a 2005 3i and it's still going strong with over 100k miles and no major problems.  I would love to test drive a mazdaspeed 3.

No joke. I've been in a lot of cars the past couple months and this is by far the best I've had. Even better than the Forester!

Was it a 2013 or 2014?  I was thinking about trading in my G35 on one of these since we want a little more room.

LOLZ...neither! It's a 2012 with less than 3k miles on it. :rofl:

If you're into cars with a lot of torque and power, this isn't really the car for you. The thing I like the most is the gradual smooth acceleration that most drivers would hate, but passengers would love. The auto-tranny gets a little lost in 10-15mph traffic though.

Unless you're talking about the BRZ, it's a 2013, but it doesn't have much more usable room than the G35.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#156 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

No joke. I've been in a lot of cars the past couple months and this is by far the best I've had. Even better than the Forester!

LOLZ...neither! It's a 2012 with less than 3k miles on it. :rofl:

If you're into cars with a lot of torque and power, this isn't really the car for you. The thing I like the most is the gradual smooth acceleration that most drivers would hate, but passengers would love. The auto-tranny gets a little lost in 10-15mph traffic though.

Unless you're talking about the BRZ, it's a 2013, but it doesn't have much more usable room than the G35.

Haha, I was talking about the Mazda. :)  Well, I think the 2012 and 2013 are pretty much the same car, so that helps, looking at the older models since they're clearancing them out with pretty hefty incentives on them right now.

mytradelist:

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#157 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Zoglog, that's awesome!  I am surprised at how much smaller those lcd boxes are though.  When I bought my 52" in 2008, it barely fit on the flatbed of my friend's pickup and it had to go standing up.

Yup, I remember the first vizio 42" Plasma TV I bought back in 2005. That box was huge. I think once LED edge lit LCDs started coming out they could make the packaging much smaller.

And I agree, if you want room, the BRZ is not the way to go. Def less room than the G35.

The new mazda 3 and 6 are pretty nice peppy cars.

Right now I'm debating about my future future car, but It's way too earlier. Either one of the C7, new CTS-V, or Tesla S

#158 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Right now I'm debating about my future future car, but It's way too earlier. Either one of the C7, new CTS-V, or Tesla S

I thought your next car was an Audi R8? :D

http://www.cheapassg...ead/?p=10538640
dohdough.png

#159 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I thought your next car was an Audi R8? :D

http://www.cheapassg...ead/?p=10538640

Haha, that was until my neighbor bought one :D

I see their A7 Loaner car way too often. Mo car, mo problems.

But no seriously while I did enjoy driving the V10 plus, it's a bit too rich for my blood. I should hit up my neighbor to see if they bought the v8 or v10.

#160 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Autogeek had another 20% off with no minimum free shipping sale today. Picked up Dr. Colorchip. Could've saved $3 if I ordered last week. D'OH!

encendido, if I don't like it, I'm going to your house and stealing some Langka. :lol:
dohdough.png

#161 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Let me know how it works for you.  I got it on Monday, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  

:lol: We could have a mini detailing meet

fs_overall.png

#162 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Let me know how it works for you.  I got it on Monday, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  

:lol: We could have a mini detailing meet

Yeah, man. We totally should! It'll be the last time before I have a kid and then my car will be forever dirty! :rofl:
dohdough.png

#163 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Autogeek had another 20% off with no minimum free shipping sale today. Picked up Dr. Colorchip. Could've saved $3 if I ordered last week. D'OH!

encendido, if I don't like it, I'm going to your house and stealing some Langka. :lol:

Haha, I usually just buy the same color as company paint. Let me know how Dr colorchip works.

I bought a decent amount of stuff during Black Friday. They had 25% off and free shipping.

Got some of those cobra HD waffle weave towels. Drying is one of my peeves when washing my car since my water is hard and leaves wicked water spots that can only be eliminated by polishing.

#164 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Haha, I usually just buy the same color as company paint. Let me know how Dr colorchip works.
I bought a decent amount of stuff during Black Friday. They had 25% off and free shipping.

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for completely forgetting to order after I posted that they had extended the sale. I should've waited on the Snobrum and Ice Master. I don't recommend the Ice Master if you don't want it to scratch your glass btw.

I have a Subaru touch up pen as well, but I want something with a touch more of professional results rather than just doing a less than half-assed job. Now it'll look totally half-assed. :D

Got some of those cobra HD waffle weave towels. Drying is one of my peeves when washing my car since my water is hard and leaves wicked water spots that can only be eliminated by polishing.

I ended up getting the Guzzler and couldn't be more happier. I have hard water too and use ONR, which seems to help.
dohdough.png

#165 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, man. We totally should! It'll be the last time before I have a kid and then my car will be forever dirty! :rofl:

Ha, yeah, I used to wash my car every two weeks before we had a baby.  Now I'm lucky if I wash it twice a year!

Let's try to meet up after the new year.  We could probably hit up the Chili's or Longhorn in Reading for some drinks.

fs_overall.png

#166 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Anyone have any opinions/experience with the Hyundai Veloster turbo?  I might go test drive one, seems like a fun little car.

mytradelist:

#167 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Anyone have any opinions/experience with the Hyundai Veloster turbo?  I might go test drive one, seems like a fun little car.

I think they look awesome, but does it have that much more space than your G? I'm not completely sold on 3-door hatches, and for the money, I would move up to a true 4-door hatch if a hatch is what you want. I can't really speak for the driving experience although I'm sure it handles like a go-cart. Mini's are really fun in that size too.
dohdough.png

#168 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think they look awesome, but does it have that much more space than your G? I'm not completely sold on 3-door hatches, and for the money, I would move up to a true 4-door hatch if a hatch is what you want. I can't really speak for the driving experience although I'm sure it handles like a go-cart. Mini's are really fun in that size too.

Yeah, it definitely has more trunk space, my G has like 7 cubic feet of space, and it's not really that tall in the trunk.:)  I'm looking at a 2013 mazda 3 hatch too, although they're pretty close to the same price and the Hyundai has a bit more power. 

mytradelist:

#169 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

Ha, yeah, I used to wash my car every two weeks before we had a baby.  Now I'm lucky if I wash it twice a year!

Let's try to meet up after the new year.  We could probably hit up the Chili's or Longhorn in Reading for some drinks.

For sure. Maybe I'll have my car back by then...hahaha.

Yeah, it definitely has more trunk space, my G has like 7 cubic feet of space, and it's not really that tall in the trunk. :)  I'm looking at a 2013 mazda 3 hatch too, although they're pretty close to the same price and the Hyundai has a bit more power.

Not a fan of CRV's or Rav4's? I'm borrowing my parents' and it's not a lot of fun. I think this makes car #6 I've had over the last 4 months...LOLZ.

Any particular reason why you haven't considered the 4-door G?

dohdough.png

#170 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

For sure. Maybe I'll have my car back by then...hahaha.

Not a fan of CRV's or Rav4's? I'm borrowing my parents' and it's not a lot of fun. I think this makes car #6 I've had over the last 4 months...LOLZ.

Any particular reason why you haven't considered the 4-door G?

Well, I want to move into something that gets better gas mileage, I like the G, but even with keeping my foot out of it, I'm generally getting high 19's-low 20's in mixed driving.  I still want the car to be somewhat fun to drive though. :)

mytradelist:

#171 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well, I want to move into something that gets better gas mileage, I like the G, but even with keeping my foot out of it, I'm generally getting high 19's-low 20's in mixed driving.  I still want the car to be somewhat fun to drive though. :)

Haha...well, the Mazda has been getting me 30-35mpg in mostly bumper-to-bumper traffic, so that's definitely one huge plus for it. This thing simply sips gas. As for fun, I can't say that it is.

Have you considered the Matrix? It's also relatively cheap and I'm sure it has TRD support. Gotta keep it JDM yo! :D
dohdough.png

#172 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm pretty impressed with the Conti DWS tires in the snow.  They handle pretty well for not being a winter tire.  I can't say the same for the poor Merc coupe I had to pass yesterday who was having trouble getting up a hill.

fs_overall.png

#173 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm pretty impressed with the Conti DWS tires in the snow.  They handle pretty well for not being a winter tire.  I can't say the same for the poor Merc coupe I had to pass yesterday who was having trouble getting up a hill.

Dude, I was behind some 300M look-a-like on Mass Ave by Boston Medical and it was swinging it's ass all over the road. I wasn't sure whether to feel bad or SMH. When I finally got on 93N and hour later, I saw an older Mustang(maybe a 99?) try to cross a lane by the Sullivan exit and it almost got stuck because it had no clearance at stock height. I definitely facepalmed on that one. :D

A bunch of my friends were texting me last night asking me about how my car handled in the snow, I could only reply that I had no clue because my car was still at the dealer. Finally got my car back today and holy crap, I almost peeled out because I was so used to the gutless Mazda 3. :rofl:
dohdough.png

#174 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Haha...well, the Mazda has been getting me 30-35mpg in mostly bumper-to-bumper traffic, so that's definitely one huge plus for it. This thing simply sips gas. As for fun, I can't say that it is.

Have you considered the Matrix? It's also relatively cheap and I'm sure it has TRD support. Gotta keep it JDM yo! :D

Funny thing, we actually traded in a Matrix on the G, it was a pretty nice car, but we traded it in because it had really high mileage.  Eh, maybe I'll just keep the G. :)

mytradelist:

#175 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Car got smashed again when someone decided to back up without checking behind them. This time, it was my front end. By this time next week, it'll be time for another installment of Dohdough's Rental Car Adventures!
dohdough.png

#176 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Wow man, that sucks.

fs_overall.png

#177 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Car got smashed again when someone decided to back up without checking behind them. This time, it was my front end. By this time next week, it'll be time for another installment of Dohdough's Rental Car Adventures!

sucks :(

On another note I decided to test exhaust note in a tunnel. I forget how loud this car is outside since there's so much sound deadening inside

https://plus.google....sts/4aA8Ax7vR4R

#178 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

btw for those looking for a kia soul:

http://jalopnik.com/...enef-1480294488

#179 Zincdust   CSI: Portland CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

I drive the Zincmobile... A silver 2001 VW New Beetle. It's my daughter's 16th birthday present (she's 10), but she's kind enough to let me drive it until then. ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#180 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

On another note I decided to test exhaust note in a tunnel. I forget how loud this car is outside since there's so much sound deadening inside

https://plus.google....sts/4aA8Ax7vR4R

Do you have a turbo on it? I thought I heard something spooling up.

So I just did the math and starting from when I got my first car on Jan 3, 2008, I've been in 12 accidents. Two of which I hit someone else. One was weather related when my car lost control on black ice and the other was when a person in front of me smashed into a car in front of them in rush hour traffic and I, in turn, smashed into them. I was two car lengths back going 25, but snow tires don't grip that well on roads paved with those rumble strips. I've been backed into four times and rear-ended 6. Those numbers don't include door dings and shopping carts. :sad panda face:
dohdough.png