- - - - -

Target Black Friday ad

#151 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

So Target opens at 9pm on thanksgiving night?

and walmart opens at 8.

Next year, Target will open at 7 and Walmart at 6.

In 2016, black friday starts on Easter.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. And having gone through a doorbuster for shits and giggles, it's completely not worth it unless you are doing it completely for shits and giggles with friends. Sometimes you can get lucky and just find what you want an hour or two after it opens.

#152 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Prometheus Blu-ray for $10, not bad!

#153 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

and walmart opens at 8.

Next year, Target will open at 7 and Walmart at 6.

In 2016, black friday starts on Easter.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. And having gone through a doorbuster for shits and giggles, it's completely not worth it unless you are doing it completely for shits and giggles with friends. Sometimes you can get lucky and just find what you want an hour or two after it opens.

Well that sucks. Could've used some cheap MS Points. Never went Black Friday shopping before. Looks like I'm never going now :P
Maybe I'll go check out each of them an hour after they open and hope I get lucky.

#154 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Prometheus Blu-ray for $10, not bad!

Not too close, I hope.

#155 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

In light of the target is overpriced discussion:

Out of curiosity, what's your biggest or most frequent purchase products at target? I mean, for daily products and groceries they can't beat Costco prices, I really couldn't find anything to buy there when I scavenge for games clearance occasionally.

I buy groceries and home decor all the time.

Advantages of Target:
-5% off everything and free shipping online with your RedCard.
-Hundreds of coupons available on http://coupons.target.com/ . These coupons stack with manufacturer coupons, which also stack on top of sales, gift card offers, or even clearance.
-Their clearance outside of videogames is spectacular. I've scored so many wonderful things for my new house these past few months. Lamps, mirrors, knobs and so much more. Good looking stuff too.
-It's a clean, well organized store. I'll gladly pay a few more cents per item more for the atmosphere and to avoid "Walmart people". I'm sorry, it may sound snotty but there's a reason why there's a peopleofwalmart.com. The South Park episode where they depicted people in rascal scooters at Walmart was super accurate.
-A shower curtain may be $1-$2 more at Target versus Walmart, but you get what you pay for. You pay just a little extra to get much nicer things.
-This sort of relates to product selection. Often times at Walmart I see the trashy looking clothes there and think "people buy this?". Rarely does that thought cross my mind at Target.

Yes, if you compare items side by side without any offers, Target will often lose out. However, I feel I can have "nice" things at a reasonable price, whereas other places offer me "cheap" looking things at a cheap price. And with their stackable coupons and clearance, Target has a good reputation among extreme coupon-ers.

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.

Edited by litepink, 10 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#156 InFlames215   DEATH TO FALSE METAL CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

InFlames215

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Advantages of Target:
-Hundreds of coupons available on http://coupons.target.com/ . These coupons stack with manufacturer coupons, which also stack on top of sales, gift card offers, or even clearance.
-Their clearance outside of videogames is spectacular. I've scored so many wonderful things for my new house these past few months. Lamps, mirrors, knobs and so much more. Good looking stuff too.
-It's a clean, well organized store. I'll gladly pay a few more cents per item more for the atmosphere and to avoid "Walmart people". I'm sorry, it may sound snotty but there's a reason why there's a peopleofwalmart.com. The South Park episode where they depicted people in rascal scooters at Walmart was super accurate.
-A shower curtain may be $1-$2 more at Target versus Walmart, but you get what you pay for. You pay just a little extra to get much nicer things.
-This sort of relates to product selection. Often times at Walmart I see the trashy looking clothes there and think "people buy this?". Rarely does that thought cross my mind at Target.

Yes, if you compare items side by side without any offers, Target will often lose out. However, I feel I can have "nice" things at a reasonable price, whereas other places offer me "cheap" looking things at a cheap price. And with their stackable coupons and clearance, Target has a good reputation among extreme coupon-ers.

In comparison to some game retailers, they suck though, and that's too bad. Every so often though they have a surprising gift card offer, temporary price cut, clearance game, or crazy offers like the trade-in special thing several months back.

Nice, this is exactly how would describe target. The 5% off alone is worth going there, its the only retailer I buy new games/consoles from because of that.

#157 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Advantages of Target:

edit: upon examination of my comment, I was very fixated on Walmart, whereas the comment I quoted used Costco as an example. I'm sure Costco is better then Walmart, but the general ideas of why I like Target still stands.

These are like the exact reasons why I shop at Meijer. Awesome store if you live in the midwest.

#158 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Advantages of Target:

Good points, sounds like I should look harder for home decor items there next time I start decorating. For these stuff I often go to TJmaxx, they have decent home decor at very low prices, the downside is that the variation in style. You really have to wait a while until you spot a mirror that will go well with the stand that you bought. Being in LA I NEVER go to walmart, people get shot there.

#159 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6188 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm rather disappointed with all the B&M stores so far. A decent deal hear or there, but nothing on Gamefly sales.

Are you wanting Target to offer a free bag of chips with your game purchase? [rimshot]

I think it's about time I get one of those RedCards. I hate Target.com and prefer using real credit cards for my purchases, but 5% is 5%.

#160 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Well, at least the mystery of the vanishing POTC Black Pearl Lego sets is solved. They were like 10% off on clearance and the next day they were all gone.

If the old lady hits target, I'll have her grab a few 1600 cards, but that's about it for me. I'm not going out this year, I'm staying home with the kids and my sanity.

#161 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Nice, this is exactly how would describe target. The 5% off alone is worth going there, its the only retailer I buy new games/consoles from because of that.

However Walmart's normal prices are usually at least 5% cheaper than Tartget without coupons

#162 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Advantages of Target:

Well said, and the two comments I've put in bold were spot on for me. In addition to the people shopping at Wal-Mart, the people working at the two places (at least in my area) are completely different. When I go to Wal-Mart, I normally have to seek out someone to help me find anything if I need it, and I'm lucky if I get anything more than the total cost from the person ringing me out. At Target, the people are helpful and friendly. I don't go to Wal-Mart often, but when I do, I remember why it's been so long.

#163 apollosrequiem   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

apollosrequiem

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

$10 for 1600msp? NICE!

Is that a good deal? I just got a 360 so I'm not up on the system yet.

#164 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

They like to use funbucks rather than money to stay as confusing as possible and guarantee that you usually have some points leftover after a purchase that you can't spend.

Its $20 in human money.

Key word: human 8-)

#165 killa5k7   Ashita ga aru sa CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Heck yeah, in for a video rocker......heck, I may get one at EACH diff retail LOCATION. Come on people....get over offering this same crap every year.

#166 Foxhound141   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Foxhound141

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

In 4 5 1600 MSP cards.

#167 JohnWayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I'm in for 100 MSP cards

#168 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2774 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Unless they change the UPC, wouldn't someone be able to grab some cards now, wait until BF and purchase them then?

#169 Guest1321   CAG Elite CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Guest1321

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

are targets deals available online as well?

#170 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

This is getting crazy with the shopping on Thanksgiving. I could sorta see midnight, but this is just stupid now. Basically going all Amazon this year. I actually like my family.

#171 JohnWayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

This is getting crazy with the shopping on Thanksgiving. I could sorta see midnight, but this is just stupid now. Basically going all Amazon this year. I actually like my family.

Ok oscargrouch

#172 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

It's a good thing most of my family goes out on Black Friday. It's been a tradition for my sister and I to go every year now.

#173 Furashu   CAG Mercenary CAGiversary!   3654 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Toysrus has Dual shocks for $32 woot!

#174 bullseye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bullseye

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

also dont forget target has the 4day ad for the week of black friday which usually has good deals in it. some that would normally be bf deals.

#175 Woolagaroo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Woolagaroo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

1.Go to Target before Black Friday.
2.Find Microsoft Points cards and hide them where no-one will look.
3.Go back later on BF and buy them.

No way I am busting the doors down, and I have a feeling that deal is going to be popular.

#176 htz  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

No way I am busting the doors down, and I have a feeling that deal is going to be popular.

All it takes is 30 minutes for the store to look ransacked on black friday so good luck hiding it. ;)

#177 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2774 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

I might be overlooking something but why not just take the cards. They have no value until activated anyway. Then on BF just purchase them.

#178 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2780 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

I might be overlooking something but why not just take the cards. They have no value until activated anyway. Then on BF just purchase them.

You know that's not a bad idea. I've done that on accident too. They have no point value at all until purchased. :-k

#179 MXRider   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Did that last year at walmart. I hid like 3 copies of a game.

2 of them were still there like a month after black friday.

#180 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Nothing for me