Help with a new TV

Clavical

CAG Veteran
Didn't really fit any under of the other categories, but I've had this 36" plasma for many many years and I'm looking to upgrade. I'd prefer 40"+, and after looking around and doing a little research, I found this one, that as far as I can tell sounds great.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+47...p?id=1218808389180&skuId=6685302#tab=overview

Hoping to get some insight. I couldn't find too many reviews on that model. It's a fairly large purchase when working part time so I want to make sure I'm getting what I need. And this community rules!

Things to note; I log many many hours into my television between movies and video games. I didn't want ghosting, and from what I was reading I wanted a 120 refresh rate or better. I run most everything through a receiver for surround sound, so the lack of HDMI ports on that particular TV didn't seem like a big deal? Not too worried about apps on my TV, xbox covers it :)

Any advice, questions, or comments are all appreciated. As I said, I think for $600, this covers everything I want and will suit me well. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. Thanks guys :D

You can get a 60" Vizio for $88 more on Black Friday at Wal-mart.

I know that will be a pain to try and get, but right now is possibly the worst time to buy a new TV. BF 2 weeks away and Superbowl or whatnot shortly after that.

For blind looking, I always go to Sam's Club and see what they have. Even if you don't have a membership, you can still browse for the day.

bread's done
Back