Star Wars Episode III Replica Lightsabers for $100 shipped! Seize the Force!!!

bottlenut

CAGiversary!
Only you diehard Star Wars fans need apply. But apply indeed:

GameStop.com is offering Master Replicas' full-size Star Wars Episode III Force FX Lightsabers for $99.99.

These officially licensed collectibles are reproductions of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader's lightsabers from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

Features include glowing polycarbonate blades, four motion sensor controlled sound effects (power-up, idle hum, clash, and power-down), metal hilt, and a custom-designed display stand. Color and hilt will vary. Shipping is free via coupon code "FREESHIPALL".

Here's the link, and may the Farce (sic) be with you!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp...urceid=qIqsQm7AUmicAjrDJ5-N&siteid=0037405479

These things are awesome. I bought the Darth Vader one with my Best Buy employee discount, and love it. I am contemplating buying the blue Anakin one now, but I doubt I will. I also picked up the BB exclusive Darth Sidious mini saber in my store.

I love star wars and all, but I would like to see one out of the box first..They were at the gamestop store I was at this weekend

i was at a comic store a few months back that had the vader one on display. i asked about it cause i've never seen it before and they let me play around with it, pretty sweet but seems fragile.

Imagine pulling this baby out on a mugger in a dark alley ... I bet he will be freaked out because you would look so damn weird with this toy light saber flailing around like a palsy patient.

Saw them at my local Gamestop but thought they were those cheap plastic ones that were $10. Looks really nice but too expensive for me.

Yeah, I've seen these in the stores, not my bag.

"Color and hilt will vary, orders are filled randomly" -- Sorry, no. Even if I was interested, for $100, I better get to pick which one I get.

I had a toy really similar to this when I was a kid. It was a He-Man sword that made sounds whenever you swung it. It was pretty cool for being from the mid-80s, as depending on how you swung the sword changed the sound effect it played.

My favorite part of the description has to be this, though.

* Durable yet light chrome plated aluminum body looks and feels like a real lightsaber.

* New design is closer in look and feel to the size of a real lightsaber.

My emphasis.

I saw these at my local Borders book store of all places! They were of course behind the counter. But are you guys sure the color and hilt varies?

yeah, they sell them at Borders, I work there and we always mess around with them all the time. Just FYI, the Vader Saber is from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, it says so on the box. They're cool and all, but in the end they are $100 flashlights with sound fx.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']..only if it was a real light saber.....[/QUOTE]

If they sold "real" light sabers, I'm certain we'd hear about a series of idiot children who lopped their own arms and legs off, and their parents would then be suing the manufacturer, Gamestop, and anyone else they could think of to get more money. Just say "No" to real light sabers.

I saw this at my local Gamestop. Someone there asked about it there and the employees opened it up. They were curious and stuff like that. My eyes opened when they told me how much it was. I think secretly they thought it was expensive too.

they're in the stores, but you should be suprised if you see an open display of one in the store since they're not suppsed to do that, I saw one at a BB and was immediately assured of why they shouldn't be out on display, since I watched like four sets of kids in a row pick it up and swing and hit each other with it...it's $100 kid!! Jeeash....

they do look cool, but cooler lit up then not lit up, if they drop in price and with emp discount...and if I intend to go to cosplay to a star wars con....:lol:

[quote name='phantom4']which one looks better, red or blue, or are they both equally the same, just a different color?[/QUOTE]

Give me a break.. thats a cosmetic choice.. and all based on personal preference.. they also have 4 more (Mace, Luke from ROTJ, Yoda, and Dooku's ) from the replica site that makes them.

I just picked up one of these $8 ones at TRU and they are awesome for beating on people. I used to have the dual Maul saber I got from party city and it died after a few fights, but these Hasbro ones with no lights or sounds are super hard plastic. There is a warning not to poke people with it and I laughed, but after I almost broke a rib I was like "oh yeah, time to beat on people".

I went to bestbuy and took a look at them, they only had the blue on display, red was in the box. They looked ok, but the sound was real low, dont know if there's an adjustment to raise the volume. But all in all, not worth 119.99 that bb was charging; especially if the sound cant be turned up.

I think the company that makes these had them for like 75 back at last years comic con. They are cool and I ever found one for 50 or under I would get it. I'm sure Gamestop will clearance them out like all the other non-video game stuff sooner or later.

I saw some at bestbuy, Vader's saber, but it DID NOT light up and it was 33 bucks, just the handle only? I swear I'm not crazy :)

I'm not a star wars fanatic freak, but I've always liked the lightsabers.

I'm still waiting for my Vader saber to be shipped. Anywho, these are the coolest lightsabers yet.

bread's done
Back