Persona 4 Arena $35.95 at amazon both ps3 and 360.

Nice looking brawler, without a huge learning curve, and no need for an online pass.
Support this stuff, instead of Crapcom.

[quote name='dubleo']Xbox 360 or PS3? Is it like Blaz Blue?[/QUOTE]

exactly the same...i just felt the game was little slower than BB.
But fairly the same.

[quote name='captaintek3304']If I'm a fan of Persona...but HATE (read: suck at) fighting games...is this worth it?[/QUOTE]
No. The amount of content actually in the story mode, without all of the repeated bits and general fluff, would only be on par with maybe one dungeon/month of scenes when compared directly with Persona 4. Also, the game's title is a bit misleading; Persona 4's cast is obviously present, but the game acts as a general fanservice extension for players old and new.

No idea how relevant it is, but also bear in mind that even the PS3 version will only work on an NTSC console. It's the first (and only?) region-locked game.

This will probabably hit $20 soon enough, right? I almost never buy fighting games anymore until they hit that number. What with them almost always getting a 'complete' version at some point. This one probably wont get that but im assuming it will hit 20 dollars soon.

My only concern was if it was a low print game. It was a little niche. Anyone know if it was a lmited run and if i should maybe jump on it now, or is waiting a safe bet?

[quote name='captaintek3304']If I'm a fan of Persona...but HATE (read: suck at) fighting games...is this worth it?[/QUOTE]

I'm horrible at fighting games too, that's why I really like Persona 4 Arena. When it comes to it's learning curve, it's much more accessible when compared to Blazblue or Guilty Gear. The inputs are really easy to learn and the lesson mode really helps to teach you the basics. It's easily playable while also having a lot of depth and complexity. Also, the story mode continues on the story of Persona 4 a bit (though it's more for fans wanting to know what happend to the characters after the events of Persona 4). So yeah, if you're a big Persona fan it comes easily recommended.

[quote name='namerson']i'm horrible at fighting games too, that's why i really like persona 4 arena. When it comes to it's learning curve, it's much more accessible when compared to blazblue or guilty gear. The inputs are really easy to learn and the lesson mode really helps to teach you the basics. It's easily playable while also having a lot of depth and complexity. Also, the story mode continues on the story of persona 4 a bit (though it's more for fans wanting to know what happend to the characters after the events of persona 4). So yeah, if you're a big persona fan it comes easily recommended.[/quote]

qft.

[quote name='Kenshindono']This will probabably hit $20 soon enough, right? I almost never buy fighting games anymore until they hit that number. What with them almost always getting a 'complete' version at some point. This one probably wont get that but im assuming it will hit 20 dollars soon.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't entirely rule out a retail expansion/update, honestly. ArcSys seems to have done quite a bit of that with BlazBlue this generation, and there's certainly more they could do and add here. Junpei's and Yukari's exclusions were a bit baffling to begin with, for example.

From what I've read P4A sold pretty horribly, there's no fear of exports, and there isn't anything on the horizon that would suddenly fuel sales beyond price. So I doubt it'll become rare anytime soon.

[quote name='Darrcyphfeid']No. The amount of content actually in the story mode, without all of the repeated bits and general fluff, would only be on par with maybe one dungeon/month of scenes when compared directly with Persona 4. Also, the game's title is a bit misleading; Persona 4's cast is obviously present, but the game acts as a general fanservice extension for players old and new.

No idea how relevant it is, but also bear in mind that even the PS3 version will only work on an NTSC console. It's the first (and only?) region-locked game.[/QUOTE]

Whether it's worth $35 is up to each individual, but every Persona 3 or 4 fan should pick it up eventually. Definitely fun to see these two teams interact and actually does a good amount to flesh out the P3/4 world.

It will probably drop to $20 in a couple months, although I'd encourage people to support such a niche title.

Love this game, but the lack of DLC makes me think there's a new version coming out in the Spring or Summer. Play the story mode and you'll know it's an inevitability.

I sold mine last week for $35 cash. I'll buy it back when it hits $20. Was hoping for a black friday sale but it looks like i'll be waiting several months more.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Thanks, but I'm gonna wait for a price drop on Persona 4 Arena XX Core Gamma Remix when it comes out in 3 years.[/QUOTE]

I bet persona 3 arena comes out before next p4a :lol:

The game actually I feel continues the story of Persona 3 more than Persona 4, provided you played Persona 3 FES and played through The Answer. Elizabeth has a story mode

It contains the characters from Persona 4 but is basically more like a "what you'd deal with in one instance of an investigation but in fighting game form" as far as Persona 4 goes and then goes on to try to tie the Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters together by leaving the end a open enough in case they want to make more of them.

The game is canon to the P3 and P4 storylines.

I tried to be purposely vague and un-spoilery, you can PM me if you have specific questions regarding story/etc.

I have played all of the character stories

[quote name='Namerson']This game (like any other game) will drop sooner or later, but the game didn't exactly sell horribly. [/QUOTE]
Those are Japanese figures, though. IIRC the NTSC version, which is the one we're talking about here, only sold about 50k. I'd try digging up the posts I saw on NeoGAF, but searching without an account is kinda painful.

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']The game actually I feel continues the story of Persona 3 more than Persona 4[/QUOTE]
It does, but there's more to it than just that. "General series fanservice" is literally as close as you can get without spoiling anything.

It's something that Persona fans should play; it's not something people uninterested in the (excellent) fighting component should pay $40 for.

bread's done
Back