Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, is this taking the place of their annual "12 Days of Christmas" sale, or is it something additional? Either way, the only thing that interests me is the Toradora! Holiday Bundle for $52.99, though I'm not sure that's a good enough value. Any thoughts?

Also, just as an FYI, your link doesn't work for some reason.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hmm, is this taking the place of their annual "12 Days of Christmas" sale, or is it something additional? [/QUOTE]
More like leading up to it (at least that's the assumption). So I would treat it as the prelude of that sale.
Also, just as an FYI, your link doesn't work for some reason.
Something with the referral text keep getting added to the URL.

I'm tempted. Allison and Lilia is a good series. So is Toradora. There are a couple of other stand-alones and movies that I wouldn't mind picking up either.

[quote name='Squarehard']That link doesn't work either ssj. :*([/QUOTE]

It works. Try just copying and pasting the link but delete the cheapassgamer tag at the end of the address. It worked for me.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']It works. Try just copying and pasting the link but delete the cheapassgamer tag at the end of the address. It worked for me.[/QUOTE]

But then that link doesn't really work on its own from directly clicking it which is what I meant. Plus, I just went to the homepage and got in on the sale anyways, so not a big deal. ;P

[quote name='62t']so are the stuff in T1 on sale till the 26th or when T2 starts?[/QUOTE]

I think so, but I don't think they're guaranteed to all stay in stock until the rest of the sale.

[quote name='Squarehard']But then that link doesn't really work on its own from directly clicking it which is what I meant. Plus, I just went to the homepage and got in on the sale anyways, so not a big deal. ;P[/QUOTE]
Oh, yea. Haha Sorry about that. I realize what I did there. :)

So is Toradora! for $52.99 a good deal or should I hold out hope for it being cheaper in the future? I understand it's a more niche release, but...

If you hold out too long you may run the risk of it not being produced anymore. And NIS stuff tends to never be incredibly cheap during Rightstuf sales, only the premium editions are usually largely discounted, but that's only because they were incredibly expensive to begin with, so it makes sense. You may or may not run the risk of it being out of stock, but I don't think you will run the risk of it going much cheaper in the future either, so it's up to you. Plus it's Toradora!

Thought this might be helpful to some of you guys. This is RightStuf's prior year Holiday Sale from CAG.

Full page with spoiler tags: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309140

Full page but just text. Not as pretty but easier to navigate with Find function: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-309140.html

It helped me. I was thinking about buying Angel Beats! as it's on sale now for $34.99 but last year it was on sale for $23.99. Also, Summer Wars now is $17.49 but last year it was $13.99. Well, you get the idea. Good for comparisons and making decisions.

Final thought: Anyone have any opinions on Allison and Lillia? Looks interesting but I have never heard of it before and it would be a blind buy for me.
Also, does the Daphne in the Brilliant Blue set include the two bonus episodes?

[quote name='Vigilante']So is Toradora! for $52.99 a good deal or should I hold out hope for it being cheaper in the future? I understand it's a more niche release, but...[/QUOTE]
It's an NIS America release, and the only place that I've ever seen any of their stuff on sale is at Right Stuf. They charged $60 for a similar bundle last year. If you're interested in the show, I'd say the chance of seeing it for less is pretty small.

Though I want to point out that the $60 version last year had the premium version of set 2, whereas it sounds like this bundle just has both regular versions.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']It's an NIS America release, and the only place that I've ever seen any of their stuff on sale is at Right Stuf. They charged $60 for a similar bundle last year. If you're interested in the show, I'd say the chance of seeing it for less is pretty small.

Though I want to point out that the $60 version last year had the premium version of set 2, whereas it sounds like this bundle just has both regular versions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the second is out of the system now, so you won't be seeing that anymore anyways.

Hmmm some of these deals are only so-so. The Gurren Lagunn movie pack for example, is only $10 regular price of buying them separately. Angel Beats is also normal Sentai sale price for it. Neither have prices screaming for me to buy them.

I'll wait. Maybe the Madoka LEs will go on sale. It's the only time when Aniplex does!

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, but the second is out of the system now, so you won't be seeing that anymore anyways.[/QUOTE]
That's true, I was trying to point out that the apparent $7 price drop over last year's bundle is probably more due to the different version of volume 2 than anything else (so that they didn't try and wait for a drop and find it's the exact same price again next year). Honestly, I would much rather have both versions be the same, especially since they were released in completely different cases.

@Frahps - Madoka on sale? We won't be that lucky. I've been saying since it came out that even allowing a membership discount would get me to buy all three limited edition sets on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, np then.

And I agree on Madoka probably not being part of any sale anytime soon. Maybe when it's about to go out of print and then they put it on sale with limited stock similar to how many of the other Aniplex titles have gone. I wouldn't be terribly surprised either.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']
@Frahps - Madoka on sale? We won't be that lucky. I've been saying since it came out that even allowing a membership discount would get me to buy all three limited edition sets on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the Gurren movies are on (a slight) sale and are Aniplex as well. In the past they had the Read or Die set on sale, Aniplex as well. I mean, Gurren is already listed as:
"Not Eligible For Coupon Discounts
Excluded from Membership Discounts
Excluded from Affiliate Commissions"
So why not Madoka?

[quote name='gundamb0i']Is Gurren Lagann movies are recapture the total series put into movie format?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they are.

The Gurren Lagann movies were released in the US two years ago. They had been out for (at least close to) a full year when they sold these bundles as part of this sale last year for the exact same price. The last volume of Madoka only came out 5 months ago (today actually, huh . . . neat). I'm not saying that they can't go on sale, I'm saying that they most likely won't go on sale.

Of course if they do, I will buy them immediately (or be sad that I missed them).

picked up a couple cheap series dvds, not much else except toradora which is still kinda pricey for me. Will wait to see what the next 2 days has in store.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']picked up a couple cheap series dvds, not much else except toradora which is still kinda pricey for me. Will wait to see what the next 2 days has in store.[/QUOTE]

That next sale at T2 starts in 3 days, so there won't be anything in the next two days.

Should I wait and hope for the Gundam collections to go on sale before I buy them? At this point, I am inclined to just buy the ones I don't have right now, but a sale would be very nice.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Should I wait and hope for the Gundam collections to go on sale before I buy them? At this point, I am inclined to just buy the ones I don't have right now, but a sale would be very nice.[/QUOTE]

At this point, GET THEM ASAP!!!!! You dont know when they will run out of stock. Could be convenient to you or it could be in the middle of the night. Get them now if you want them.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']At this point, GET THEM ASAP!!!!! You dont know when they will run out of stock. Could be convenient to you or it could be in the middle of the night. Get them now if you want them.[/QUOTE]

I think they all have counters now.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I fucking hate when everything I want doesn't stack with Got Anime or a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I don't think after all these years I've even gotten close to getting any of the coupons I have to work with any of the items on the site, unless I decide to grossly overpay for an item even after the coupon.

I've been frustrated with that to, with the Got Anime discount. The funny thing is they are already cheaper than most places anyway. Its just the fact that I have a Got Anime membership and I hardly ever get to apply it.

[quote name='whippleman']I think they all have counters now.[/QUOTE]

I had that in mind. Again you dont know when they will run out maybe in the day maybe at 4am

[quote name='detectiveconan16']$17.50 for Dragon Ball Z? I've seen it for $15, the store could've lowered it down to at least that.[/QUOTE]

I've found that most of Rightstuf's better deals are in December for their Christmas sales, not around Black Friday. At least, last year it was the one sale of the two that I bought anything in.

[quote name='Frahps']I've found that most of Rightstuf's better deals are in December for their Christmas sales, not around Black Friday. At least, last year it was the one sale of the two that I bought anything in.[/QUOTE]

So is it better to wait for their Christmas sale then?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']$17.50 for Dragon Ball Z? I've seen it for $15, the store could've lowered it down to at least that.[/QUOTE]

I am waiting for Amazon's Funimation sale. They usually have great prices and I have credit.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']So is it better to wait for their Christmas sale then?[/QUOTE]

Well it's still worth checking into their next tiered deals for Black Friday. Might be something good that you would want, and there is no guarantees that the same items will show up for that sale too.

[quote name='b3b0p']tempting the eden stuff.

knowning my luck spice & wolf will go 50% off since I just bought it.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=east+of+eden+complete
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Eden-East-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/product/B005NQ5LQE
I dunno, almost same price as Amazon who isn't having a sale (yet). I'm very sure I have seen them lower on Amazon before, but camel says $22. Must have been the :br: movies for $15. They did had Spice & Wolf S2 :br: at $22 I regret not buying :(
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Spice-Wolf-Season-Blu-ray-Combo/product/B0050UEVJQ

I have a few things sitting in my cart at rightstuf waiting for T-2 on Nov.15, hoping to add more to the order. I realize it may go out of stock but oh well. Not sure I'll wait until T-1 though, unless a Christmas sale could be better. I just remember last year 1-2 week after Black Friday was awesome Anime sales at both Amazon and Rightstuf.

Someone from Rightstuf said that the black friday sales will be the cheapest of the year, that they won't be cheaper even if they are in the Christmas sales.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=east+of+eden+complete
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Eden-East-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/product/B005NQ5LQE
I dunno, almost same price as Amazon who isn't having a sale (yet). I'm very sure I have seen them lower on Amazon before, but camel says $22. Must have been the :br: movies for $15. They did had Spice & Wolf S2 :br: at $22 I regret not buying :(
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Spice-Wolf-Season-Blu-ray-Combo/product/B0050UEVJQ

I have a few things sitting in my cart at rightstuf waiting for T-2 on Nov.15, hoping to add more to the order. I realize it may go out of stock but oh well. Not sure I'll wait until T-1 though, unless a Christmas sale could be better. I just remember last year 1-2 week after Black Friday was awesome Anime sales at both Amazon and Rightstuf.[/QUOTE]

I bought S1 & S2 Blu-ray pack of S&W.

I kind of want the Eden Blu-ray's. It's very interesting anime and I find i'm able to re-watch it many times and catch new things. It's just interesting.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']How is tora dora? It'd be a blind buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Entertaining enough, but I'd never pay more than $30-ish for it.

bread's done
Back