first PS3 Slim or Super Slim

MilesDP5

CAGiversary!
I've finally made a dent in my back log and I'm looking to get my first PS3. I'm torn between the Slim and Super Slim models. I like the smaller size and lower power consumption from the Super Slim and I don't keep my systems in small areas so the top load isn't an issue. With BF coming up, price isn't a concern either.
The biggest hold up for me is the sliding tray. Some say it sucks and others say it's fine. I was hoping someone out there who owns one might share their thoughts.

Thanks.

Get the super slim, I'm getting one as a christmas gift for someone on black friday. $200 for the newest ps3 iteration and 5 games with a 250GB hard drive or $250 for just a console with only 160gb hard drive. If you seen the hammer test video someone posted in one of the ps3 threads you would know the sliding door looks cheap but can take some brutal damage. Looks can be deceiving as they always say.

Curious to see what others say. I'm pro-slim based on the look, assumed feel and the disc-loading system. The super-slim just seems cheap and that disc tray is old school. But, not sure how often I'll look at it, and price-wise vs GB, it seems like the better choice. Wish they dropped the slim prices, because I doubt I'll ever need that hd size.

Does anyone know if the Super Slim tray rides on some kind of ball bearings or is it just plastic on plastic?

I was anti super slim but I just got one and its quiet and small and the tray is not as bad as I first thought. I still prefer the slot loading mechanism but I think the super slim is worth it. Especially one of the Black Friday bundles.

bread's done
Back