Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

VERY impressive. Looks like I'll be selling my card copies of Uncharted and Wipeout. I already have Gravity Rush and Mutant Blob from the Langer's promotion.

Just watched the video on the blog. Firmware 2.0 looks really good! Email, better web browser, auto-trophy sync, auto-update, and I think auto-save sync (not too sure). Also they say they made the video playback better. I hope I can easily upload just my Vita saves and not the full games to the cloud. Due to how the saves are embedded into the "bubble" I was not happy that backing up just saves required backing up the full game data.

[quote name='legs1986']Don't have a Vita yet, but do have ps+. Can I flag these from my ps3 as downloaded to get later?[/QUOTE]

In theory yes, but in reality it's hard to know for a fact.

[quote name='legs1986']Don't have a Vita yet, but do have ps+. Can I flag these from my ps3 as downloaded to get later?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can! Just go to the Vita section of the store on your PS3. I've already got multiple Vita games even though I don't have a system yet.

I really like what Sony is doing. I wish they would do more PR in an attempt to push more units. But you'd still have the idiots who believe the Vita "has no gamez" or complain about the proprietary memory cards. It's only a matter of time though until rocketfish or someone else makes a 3rd party memory card.

Ugh.

Bought UC:GA when Walmart had the B2G1 on vita games. And the good one that was like $15 per game, not the one that has the "+$10 for a good game".

Damn it.

Wait, can you swap out a game from a B2G1 if there is no B2G1 active? I might still be able to rid myself of Gravity Rush and get something else. At Best Buy.

Now I'm glad I got that PlayStation+ free month voucher from the Journey collectors edition. I'll cash that in and go nuts on all of these free games.

Wow. I'm really feeling tempted to pick up a Vita now. It's really hard to justify it with my current finances though...

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ugh.

Bought UC:GA when Walmart had the B2G1 on vita games. And the good one that was like $15 per game, not the one that has the "+$10 for a good game".

Damn it.

Wait, can you swap out a game from a B2G1 if there is no B2G1 active? I might still be able to rid myself of Gravity Rush and get something else. At Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Same here, didn't expect Sony to be giving the best Vita games away for free on PS+..

[quote name='Richard Kain']Now I'm glad I got that PlayStation+ free month voucher from the Journey collectors edition. I'll cash that in and go nuts on all of these free games.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least for a month you will. :)

Glad I bought an additional PSN+ sub at bestbuy using he voucher from their magazine. And also glad waited on the vita too. Now hoping a good deal on the vita bundle

[quote name='jaso']Well, at least for a month you will. :)[/QUOTE]

Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.

Damn and I just bought Wipeout from Gamestop new last week. Oh well time to trade it in at Best Buy. PS+ to vita will definitely sell some more systems. You cant go wrong with all these games free to download.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.[/QUOTE]

LOL Yeah...no

[quote name='Richard Kain']Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.[/QUOTE]

That is completely wrong.

When you download them they automatically come with an expiration date of when your plus expires. They stop working then, not when you reconnect to the PSN.

THIS:
8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg
:applause:

Very, very incorrect. You only have access to them for as long as you maintain a subscription to Plus. As soon as your Plus lapses, they disappear from your account, and the copies you already have downloaded refuse to open. As soon as you resubscribe to Plus, all the free games you acquired during your previous subscription(s) magically reappear in your download list and your installed copies start working again.

To add to the list of "No"s, you only get to keep PS+ games that you bought at a discount, not free games. So if the deal was something like PS+ members get UC for $5, you would keep that even after your membership expires.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']You win third prize![/QUOTE]

Yay! My internets are slow but look at the pretty picture!

Again, that vita lineup for ps+ is awesome if you haven't bought those games already. I'm not really a portable gaming person. But I'll get the vita now right around Black Friday.

My only complaint is that you can't play any vita game on the big screen. Again, not a portable gaming person, so I would rather have everything ready to play on my big screen setup I have. I would love to play uncharted Golden Abyss on the big screen even though its not a full uncharted experience. I guess Sony would put out a way to output vita games on the television someday. But I just hope they would do it sooner rather than later.

Sweet sassy molassey!

I own only Mutant Blob and own 0 Vita games so far (been using it for PS1 and PSP games).

But with all these awesome games and Persona 4: The Golden dropping next week, I know what I'll be doing over Thanksgiving break!

Guess it's time to sell my copy of Gravity Rush, I already finished and sold of Uncharted but it will be nice to have the option to play it again if I get the urge. You should add the other free games too:

Jet Set Radio HD
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions
Mutant Blob Attacks:

Happy I'll be getting Jet Set for free, I was going to buy it anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alwayscheaper']Very pretty! Even shows us the next plus game on ps3![/QUOTE]

Good luck beating Frisky to the punch with that one! :bouncy:

not my cup of tea (the whole downloadable games) memory cards are not cheap and you have to keep paying to keep these games the only one i see that i want is gravity rush and i can wait till it goes to 25 which is probably how much it sells for now on ebay; i own mutant blobs from outer space, uncharted and wipeout looks meh

[quote name='prmtyme']not my cup of tea (the whole downloadable games) memory cards are not cheap and you have to keep paying to keep these games the only one i see that i want is gravity rush and i can wait till it goes to 25 which is probably how much it sells for now on ebay; i own mutant blobs from outer space, uncharted and wipeout looks meh[/QUOTE]

:roll:Can't make everyone happy.
Would you have liked Sony to have sent you some retail games directly to your house?

FML, and I own all these games on the cart, glad I got GR used, and WipeOut on that Wal-Mart '3 for xx' deal. Paid for Uncharted on launch day and have only played 10 mins of it.

Oh well, figured they would start with PSN games. bring on Escape Plan and the DLC for $1 each and I'll be happy!

Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.

[quote name='token2k6']FML, and I own all these games on the cart, glad I got GR used, and WipeOut on that Wal-Mart '3 for xx' deal. Paid for Uncharted on launch day and have only played 10 mins of it.

Oh well, figured they would start with PSN games. bring on Escape Plan and the DLC for $1 each and I'll be happy![/QUOTE]

I'm glad I missed that Walmart deal, I wanted Uncharted and Gravity Rush but they ran out of copies and now I can get them both for free

I own all of these games, but I'm seriously considering selling/trading my copy of Gravity Rush. I play it here, but hell I just got a 32GB card so I could just download it on there.

Just remember, think of these games as free RENTALS. These games are not free to own, at all.

Also, this really is better for Sony than the consumer. They get to sell you some not-cheap memory cards, and a subscription service, and they give you... free rentals.

I like my Vita, but PS+ will never interest me the way it's set up currently.

[quote name='jayntampa']Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

hey look, it's "you don't actually own PS+ games" guy.

Yes. Everybody knows.

Most people don't care.

Physical copies are something that a few forum gamers obsess over. But normal people don't feel an attachment to their copy of Uncharted after they're done with it.

bread's done
Back