PlayStation Plus Available Next Week + Firmware 2.00

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...or-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

This is great news. I played Uncharted for a few days but traded it I think. Gravity Rush was on my wishlist so that's awesome. Jet Set Radio HD? Hell yes! Meh on WipEout 2048, though I am interested in Takes From Space. I may also download FFT since I've been in the mood for that type of game lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xplode427']Will the save data from my physical copy of uncharted transfer? It should right? I'd like to trade in my physical copy.[/QUOTE]

It should. I don't see why it wouldn't...

[quote name='shadylane']Can these titles be purchased through the ps3? Don't have a vita yet...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe you can purchase Vita games through your PS3 and then download them once you have a Vita.

I can't even keep up with all the offerings from PS+. Anyone have confirmation on the save compatibility between physical and DL copies? I recall issues between GOTY and Vanilla games, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

[quote name='gkargreen']are these games that you can keep on your Vita? So if later you drop PS+ you can still play these?[/QUOTE]

With PS+, ANY game you get for 100% free will expire when your PS+ subscription expires. The only games you get to keep after your PS+ subscription expires is games that were purchased at a discount. Considering PS+ costs roughly $5/mo, this is a bargain. Many look at it like a glorified "rental" service.

[quote name='xplode427']Will the save data from my physical copy of uncharted transfer? It should right? I'd like to trade in my physical copy.[/QUOTE]

The current theory is that with ps+ you can cloud save the physical saves and they'll slide right in to the digital copies. Whether or not t works without that functionality I'm not sure anyone knows for sure.

Don Mesa answered that on the blog:
Your save files will not be affected, and through PS Plus you’ll have access to your online game saves which will allow you to use your save data with your digital version.

will I have to have wifi to use the games on PS+? In other words, if I am playing U:GA, do I download the game to my vita, but need to be connected to wifi to play the game because it needs to see the PS+ store or whatever?

[quote name='gkargreen']will I have to have wifi to use the games on PS+? In other words, if I am playing U:GA, do I download the game to my vita, but need to be connected to wifi to play the game because it needs to see the PS+ store or whatever?[/QUOTE]

No, you do not need to be connected to the internet to play the game. So long as you've downloaded the full game and it's installed, you're set.

This is awesome especially for casual gamers. I was going to buy Jet Set on Vita eventually, as well as Uncharted once it dropped enough in price. I already have plus on my ps3, so I'll just snag these up at no extra cost.

I can't get access the ps plus games directly from the vita. I see no links to ps plus, like how it is on the ps3

[quote name='Thomas96']I can't get access the ps plus games directly from the vita. I see no links to ps plus, like how it is on the ps3[/QUOTE]

Wait for the store to update.

The firmware update was late on Monday the 19th. Plus was scheduled a day later for the 20th, so likely will have to wait until late tonight for the free plus games.

bread's done
Back