Lego Lord of the Rings ... Xbox 360 - recall

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
As news is already going around the internet, it appears that many copies of the Lego Lord of the Rings for the Xbox 360 have a "demo disc" label. There has been a recall, so you may be waiting a while for your preorder lego collectible from Gamestop or other preorder deals (this is as close to the word deal that this post is getting) =(.

After my Gamestop and Best Buy didn't get in the 360 versions, I purchased Lego Lord of the Rings from a Super Target in FL and it had the demo disc label. I stopped at another Target closer to home (to exchange) and they wanted me to go back to the original Target. I decided to take the game home and give it a whirl.
This demo disc label, so far as I can tell, is the ENTIRE GAME. I have played through several levels with my son and nothing appears to be "demo" about it. I can also choose up to 4 save slots. There is no "demo" info. within the game itself.
I have no plans to trade it in, which this is so far the only problem that the label could cause.
My recommendation ... buy the game if you can find it...it's full length and may be collectible =).

damn, pretty interesting stuff, sounds like a tough hunt though!

I wouldn't expect too much, not like those 3DS Resident Evil games w/ the misprint spine are going for hundreds on e-bay..

It completely depends on how many get out into the wild. It definitely could eventually become collectible, but will probably take quite a while to gain any value (if ever).

[quote name='token2k6']damn, pretty interesting stuff, sounds like a tough hunt though!

I wouldn't expect too much, not like those 3DS Resident Evil games w/ the misprint spine are going for hundreds on e-bay..[/QUOTE]

Wait, the misprint spine goes for hundreds on ebay?

I really did not think anyone would care.

[quote name='adamical']Wait, the misprint spine goes for hundreds on ebay?

I really did not think anyone would care.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they do and I'm assuming it was a sarcastic remark. When I checked eBay, sure, I saw an auction or two asking for over a hundred for their 'rare' misprint, but they weren't selling. I saw ones going for much less (e.g. less than $40) that still weren't getting any bids.

I think it's amusing when people (well, sellers) go crazy over things like this and think they can make a quick buck from it. I'm willing to bet that X-Men and Too Human will never be worth much, and yet I see a ton of people in another thread buying the latter.

Take a look at ET, for example. Remember how a ton of them were dumped into a landfill (or something to that effect)? Do you see the "collectable" cartridges that weren't destroyed going for anything? No? There ya go.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']

Take a look at ET, for example. Remember how a ton of them were dumped into a landfill (or something to that effect)? Do you see the "collectable" cartridges that weren't destroyed going for anything? No? There ya go.[/QUOTE]

But X-Men Destiny is sooo much better than ET. You never know ;)

[quote name='adamical']Wait, the misprint spine goes for hundreds on ebay?

I really did not think anyone would care.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I don't believe they do and I'm assuming it was a sarcastic remark. When I checked eBay, sure, I saw an auction or two asking for over a hundred for their 'rare' misprint, but they weren't selling. I saw ones going for much less (e.g. less than $40) that still weren't getting any bids.[/QUOTE]

Leaving out a word makes for a pretty ambiguous sentence. I read it as: "(It's) not like those 3DS Resident Evil games w/ the misprint spine are going for hundreds on e-bay.." As in...they aren't. As opposed to "Not like those 3DS Resident Evil games w/ the misprint spine (that) are going for hundreds on e-bay.."

[quote name='Spyder187']Ok, I will say it then.

NOT A DEAL.

IN FOR 10!

SHIPPING KILLS IT!!!!!

Did I leave anything out?[/QUOTE]

You forgot to quote the red text:

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

[quote name='joshnorm']You forgot to quote the red text:

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the classic one. "RED TEXT ON TOP OF THE FORUM IDIOT!"

or quote it and then do one of these :roll: or these :shame:

[quote name='xrayzwei']Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm not the only one that gets this reference. Most poignant moment in the entire show.

barneylast.gif

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I hope I'm not the only one that gets this reference. Most poignant moment in the entire show.

barneylast.gif
[/QUOTE]

Poor Peter griffin *sniff*

[quote name='Bezerker']Poor Peter griffin *sniff*[/QUOTE]

Please tell me this was a hilarious joke? Since Family Guy is always being compared to being a rip off of the Simpsons (Which this was from the Barney short film episode)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I hope I'm not the only one that gets this reference. Most poignant moment in the entire show.

barneylast.gif
[/QUOTE]
Excuse me, did something crawl down your throat and die?

Here is the response from Warner Brothers:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is recalling a small number of LEGO The Lord of the Rings video games that were released for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to Walmart, Target and Toys ‘R’ Us in the United States with a disc labeling error. The discs in question are incorrectly labeled as demo discs, but those discs do contain the full game content and are fully functional. This error does not affect any other formats of the game. We are in the process of remanufacturing the discs and will get them to the stores as soon as possible.
Consumers who purchased a copy of the Xbox 360 version of the game with the disc labeling error can contact customer support via email at [email protected] or phone at 410-568-3680 for a replacement disc.

I have already emailed WB (including a picture of receipt, disc, and email) and hopefully I'll get a new disc and keep the old one as well.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']I bought my wife a copy from amazon and it came today. It did not have the "demo" label.[/QUOTE]

Dang! I too got one from Amazon today but haven't opened it yet. Saw this thread and started to get excited. Wonder if my Wal-Mart still has them on the shelf tho....

[quote name='VOLTAN']Dang! I too got one from Amazon today but haven't opened it yet. Saw this thread and started to get excited. Wonder if my Wal-Mart still has them on the shelf tho....[/QUOTE]

Do you want a copy that is mismarked? If so it looks like the only stores affected are Target, Toys R Us and Walmart.

do we have any idea if this hit a lot of Targets or Walmarts or just select few? I dont really want to go to either store and buy multiple copies looking for a demo disc based on pure chance.

[quote name='GamerDude316']do we have any idea if this hit a lot of Targets or Walmarts or just select few? I dont really want to go to either store and buy multiple copies looking for a demo disc based on pure chance.[/QUOTE]

I guess I still don't understand why anyone would go out of their way looking for one of these. I in no way believe it will skyrocket the value...lol.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']
Take a look at ET, for example. Remember how a ton of them were dumped into a landfill (or something to that effect)? Do you see the "collectable" cartridges that weren't destroyed going for anything? No? There ya go.[/QUOTE]

Despite the fact that it undersold and many were destroyed, ET is far from rare. Quite common, in fact.

[quote name='affa']Despite the fact that it undersold and many were destroyed, ET is far from rare. Quite common, in fact.[/QUOTE]

That was my point. Too Human isn't going to become rare (well, there's almost no chance of it happening).

As for the "demo" disc, I'm not referring to that. No clue what'll happen with it.

Went to pick up a PS3 and 360 copy from Target today with the B1G1 50% off deal. When they scanned the 360 version, the register prompted them to not sell it. Here's hoping they get salable copies by the time the deal is dead. I was really hoping to knock that one off my daughter and niece's gift lists.

[quote name='token2k6']damn, pretty interesting stuff, sounds like a tough hunt though!

I wouldn't expect too much, not like those 3DS Resident Evil games w/ the misprint spine are going for hundreds on e-bay..[/QUOTE]

what? that's not true at all.. I have a resident evil misprint and I can't even sell it on ebay for $39.99 which is what I paid for it.

bread's done
Back