Gamestop Weekly Ad 11/14-11/20 (RE6, Darksiders 2 $39.99)

Sniper elite for me

Thanks
smipeelite

Going to see if Best Buy will price match RE6 even though I got it with 2 other games during B2G1. If they say no I won't make a stink about it, but it couldn't hurt to try :D

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Going to see if Best Buy will price match RE6 even though I got it with 2 other games during B2G1. If they say no I won't make a stink about it, but it couldn't hurt to try :D[/QUOTE]

You do realize that logically there is no reason for them to price match this? First, it is a package deal. Second, if you get $39.99 it would just be the cheaper game and 0 out. Third, if each game was actually listed with equal discount then it is ALREADY $39.99. I am not sure why you and few others on here even come to this site to talk about doing shit like this and then act like you might have to make a "stink" to get it to work. Do us a favor and just keep BS tactics to yourself.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You do realize that logically there is no reason for them to price match this? First, it is a package deal. Second, if you get $39.99 it would just be the cheaper game and 0 out. Third, if each game was actually listed with equal discount then it is ALREADY $39.99. I am not sure why you and few others on here even come to this site to talk about doing shit like this and then act like you might have to make a "stink" to get it to work. Do us a favor and just keep BS tactics to yourself.[/QUOTE]

I never said they owe me the $20 back. Learn to read please. I said I am going to try, if they deny me that's it. I am not going to make a stink about it at all. But if the store is willing to do it who are you to say otherwise?

Thanks for the heads up on the Resident Evil 6 price match opportunity, OP.

I am a premier silver member who bought the game on a single ticket for $59.99, then got the 1,000 bonus points ($20) for being part of the Gamers Unlocked program.

I have never price matched before so would this be pretty much straight forward? Call Best Buy, give them my Resident Evil order number (purchase was online), refer them to the Gamestop ad that has the game for $40, then have them credit me the $20 to my account? Just like that? No hassles or anything?

If so, thank you for helping me secure Resident Evil for $20! =)

I know it says offers cannot be combined with other offers, but I was wondering if I could buy RE6 on sale used with a B2G1 coupon. I have done sale prices with a B2G1 before, but only when it was a storewide sale and not a coupon.

If not, I'll have to wait until it hits below 20 to pick up two copies.

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Thanks for the heads up on the Resident Evil 6 price match opportunity, OP.

I am a premier silver member who bought the game on a single ticket for $59.99, then got the 1,000 bonus points ($20) for being part of the Gamers Unlocked program.

I have never price matched before so would this be pretty much straight forward? Call Best Buy, give them my Resident Evil order number (purchase was online), refer them to the Gamestop ad that has the game for $40, then have them credit me the $20 to my account? Just like that? No hassles or anything?

If so, thank you for helping me secure Resident Evil for $20! =)[/QUOTE]

They SHOULD PM it no problem. Since you paid $60 for it. They don't look at the $20RZ certificate as a price drop on your $60. If you get someone who's an asshole then hang up and call again.

[quote name='Kadamas']I know it says offers cannot be combined with other offers, but I was wondering if I could buy RE6 on sale used with a B2G1 coupon. I have done sale prices with a B2G1 before, but only when it was a storewide sale and not a coupon.

If not, I'll have to wait until it hits below 20 to pick up two copies.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they can/will PM another stores sale AND let you use their B2G1 coupon. Worth a try, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

[quote name='Kadamas']I know it says offers cannot be combined with other offers, but I was wondering if I could buy RE6 on sale used with a B2G1 coupon. I have done sale prices with a B2G1 before, but only when it was a storewide sale and not a coupon.

If not, I'll have to wait until it hits below 20 to pick up two copies.[/QUOTE]

Should not be a problem. I have used a B2G1 coupon to buy games currently on discount.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm not sure if they can/will PM another stores sale AND let you use their B2G1 coupon. Worth a try, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.[/QUOTE]

I think he is actually talking about buying used at GS.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think he is actually talking about buying used at GS.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I missed the "used" word in his post.

Well, if the used price has already been adjusted on their site/in store, I wouldn't see why not.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Anyone think RE6 is gonna go lower soon? I didn't see any BF deals on it. I'd like to get it at $30 if possible.[/QUOTE]

That is surprising isn't it? I guess Capcom doesn't want to eat the money they would have to pay in ad comp to lower the price since they expect the game to sell 6M copies worldwide and are only at 1-2 M depending on Japan/Europe sales (890k in US in Oct.)

With how many copies GS has, I would wait and see what they do for BF. The GS ad should be arriving in stores the next couple of days so it will leak then and this price is good through close of business on Tuesday.

If you don't mind a used copy, those should be either $31.50 or $34.20 w/PUR Pro (depending on if the used price dropped to $35 or $38.) There's no instructions in RE 6, just an ad for the Blu-Ray movie so the only questions should be disk condition and original case or not.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you don't mind a used copy, those should be either $31.50 or $34.20 w/PUR Pro (depending on if the used price dropped to $35 or $38.) There's no instructions in RE 6, just an ad for the Blu-Ray movie so the only questions should be disk condition and original case or not.[/QUOTE]Used copies are now $37.99, so they'll be $34.19 w/ PUR Pro.

That's about all that game is worth to be honest. It's good but it's not RE4 amazing. Should be $20 in no time so don't worry.

Update: Just wanted to say thanks again to all who helped me with the price match information for Resident Evil 6. I called in and even though it was an inconvenience to haggle on the phone for like 20 minutes or so, it was worth it to get the refund of a bit over $20.

So, yes, in the end, I technically got Resident Evil 6 on release for about $20 bucks. Plus, I get points towards reward certificates/premier silver. So all in all, it's definitely a win and deals like this make me proud to be a CAG. Thanks again to all!

Hopefully Ass. Creed 3 will be next to drop to $39.99 and I get that one too for $20 when it's all said and done.

Thanks OP for posting this. I am also a Reward Zone Premier Silver member and will try to PM RE6 at this price.

I have a question, though. I preordered the game on 8/21, but the game didn't come out until 10/2. The transaction record says it was placed on 8/21. Will this be a problem trying to PM since it's been more than 60 days since I ordered the game, even though the game came out less than 60 days ago?

Thanks,
XP

[quote name='mossfan563']Does RE6 come with anything when you buy it new? I'm considering buying it used now that the price drop has occurred.[/QUOTE]

Not unless you buy anthology/archive edition.

[quote name='xenophreak']Thanks OP for posting this. I am also a Reward Zone Premier Silver member and will try to PM RE6 at this price.

I have a question, though. I preordered the game on 8/21, but the game didn't come out until 10/2. The transaction record says it was placed on 8/21. Will this be a problem trying to PM since it's been more than 60 days since I ordered the game, even though the game came out less than 60 days ago?

Thanks,
XP[/QUOTE]

For those wondering the same thing, I called BB, they argued that the order was placed "way before 30 days ago"... I explained to them that the game didn't come out until 10/2, and that I should get 60 days, not 30 days... In the end, they gave me a little bit of trouble (and I had to wait for him to call 3 different Game Stops because they weren't picking up the phone, even though the website clearly says they have it in the store), but finally, after all that, they accredited the $20.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='xenophreak']Thanks OP for posting this. I am also a Reward Zone Premier Silver member and will try to PM RE6 at this price.

Thanks,
XP[/QUOTE]
I asked about that before after I price matched on the phone and rep said the price match/return period starts the day you receive a pre-order at your home.

[quote name='TooPoor']You lucky silvers will be getting RE6 at $20 (+tax on $60)?
Life isn't fair :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'll rub it in some more. I flipped it back to BB when I was done for $42 so I made almost $20 BB credit. Got it in before the TIV dropped.

I'll probably end up buying it again when it gets clearanced or a "gold" edition and then I'll finish up the trophy list. I just go through the story mode and nothing else.

PM as in you get money back since the game dropped so quick? I preordered RE6 at Best Buy so if I show them this ad I get $20?

has any price matching opportunities came up for RE6 Anthology yet? I have been following the forum and unless I missed one, I haven't seen one yet.

[quote name='Emoney244']PM as in you get money back since the game dropped so quick? I preordered RE6 at Best Buy so if I show them this ad I get $20?[/QUOTE]Only if you're a Premier Silver member because it's been more than 30 days (the PM window if non-Silver) since RE6's release but less than 60 days (Silver PM window).

After successfully PMing the $39.99 price for RE6, I checked my email and found the confirmation message saying I was credited $21.50 for the adjustment, but...I had already PMed RE6 down to $48.66 before this PM. :???: So did I just get RE6 PMed down to

[quote name='Vigilante']Only if you're a Premier Silver member because it's been more than 30 days (the PM window if non-Silver) since RE6's release but less than 60 days (Silver PM window).

After successfully PMing the $39.99 price for RE6, I checked my email and found the confirmation message saying I was credited $21.50 for the adjustment, but...I had already PMed RE6 down to $48.66 before this PM. :???: So did I just get RE6 PMed down to

bread's done
Back