* * * * - 5 votes

Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

#31 scrub0bk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

this is going to be awesome... character development in GTA has always been great and this just looks that much better. I might have to play through 4 again soon

#32 TKtheknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

TKtheknight

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Very excited about this. Something different and glad were going to play 3 different main characters and their views instead of one. xD

#33 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah get your Preview ON!

#34 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's a minor quibble, but in two different previews I've read now, both have remarked that the game didn't blow them away graphically. This surprises me, because all of the screenshots and videos we've seen so far have looked amazing. It would surprise me if Rockstar was releasing bullshots, so I'm wondering if we are seeing stuff from a high-end PC build, or maybe there might even be a next-gen version.

#35 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't give two fucks about the graphics. Graphics don't make a game, no matter what generation it is. Yeah, it's pretty, but if the game rocks (which this one obviously will... right? .. right?!?) that's all that matters to me.

#36 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I just hope that this triple guy system isn't some type of forced co-op/bad AI like they have with Resident Evil. That's what it looks like though.

#37 wwe101   waiting for hitman 5 CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

So I am a little confused on the story. Initially I thought that Michael is the bank robber, but it seems like they are all bank robbers that work together?

#38 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I just hope that this triple guy system isn't some type of forced co-op/bad AI like they have with Resident Evil. That's what it looks like though.

Do you really think Rockstar would put some half baked AI system in a GTA game?

#39 dotCody   The night is dark... and full of terrors. CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Do you really think Rockstar would put some half baked AI system in a GTA game?

notsureifserious

#40 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ok yes in a game as large as GTA there are bound to be some hiccups with the AI, but what I meant was do you really expect them to throw in a half baked AI system throughout the whole game? They wouldn't make the whole game a side kick mission. They aren't stupid. Pointing out random bad AI events that pop up every so often in a game that can take 20-30+ hours to complete does not mean a thing

#41 Danimal   CheapAssing it Since 2003 CAGiversary!   2902 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Bad AI events like the ones in the first and third videos above actually add entertainment to games like GTA for me. As long as they're fairly isolated, that is. Glitches that make it impossible to finish a mission because some AI won't follow you are a pain in the ass, but reloading a save usually fixes that.

#42 dotCody   The night is dark... and full of terrors. CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Can't stand the forum troll anymore.

#43 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Slickkill is not a troll. How dare you redirect me to block him, a fellow battlefield vet..

Bad AI in a R* game is rare. Given the polish of TLAD and TBOGT, GTA V shoiuldnt have many issues.

#44 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

im hearing that each mission you will have a chance to play one of the guys and can switch mid mission to see how the mission changes with a dif person. that idea could be cool but i hope they have missions also for each person that can only be done with that person.

#45 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

It's a minor quibble, but in two different previews I've read now, both have remarked that the game didn't blow them away graphically. This surprises me, because all of the screenshots and videos we've seen so far have looked amazing. It would surprise me if Rockstar was releasing bullshots, so I'm wondering if we are seeing stuff from a high-end PC build, or maybe there might even be a next-gen version.

good chance everything we have seen came from cut scenes nothing more. but in my mind gta 4 looked pretty dang good for the time it came out was the best looking game on 360 and ps3. im sure they have improved on that but graphcis is not everything all about gameplay.

#46 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Wait someone is calling me a troll? :-s wut?

#47 Chase   imo CAGiversary!   7655 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I dunno. I find it difficult to get excited for a series I haven't enjoyed since Vice City. And even then that was mostly due to my younger frame of mind and the novelty of the game at the time. I thought GTA4 was mercilessly boring, so I'm gonna have to pass.

Not that I would have had time to enjoy it. *looks at unopened copies of Borderlands 2, XCOM, and Assassin's Creed 3*

#48 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Dang Timbo, I'm loving that sig.

Little more for the hype train - Top 10 radio advertisements as posted by Rockstar:

http://www.rockstarg...council-ra.html

My personal favorite - the Gatorade spoof. They are all good, but I literally think about it every time I drink it.

#49 Relentless Sheep   Solo Artist CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Relentless Sheep

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

I dunno. I find it difficult to get excited for a series I haven't enjoyed since Vice City. And even then that was mostly due to my younger frame of mind and the novelty of the game at the time. I thought GTA4 was mercilessly boring, so I'm gonna have to pass.

Not that I would have had time to enjoy it. *looks at unopened copies of Borderlands 2, XCOM, and Assassin's Creed 3*

You didn't enjoy San Andreas?! I was just like you with loving Vice City when I first played and San Andreas topped it off to the max!

#50 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

4 was fun and a very good game but it got away from what made GTA great. That perfect balance of goofy and realism. 4 did have the free roam multiplayer which was fantastic.

#51 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

4 was fun and a very good game but it got away from what made GTA great. That perfect balance of goofy and realism. 4 did have the free roam multiplayer which was fantastic.

i have lost so much of my life on gta 4 mp and still play it time to time it's great fun.

#52 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Dang Timbo, I'm loving that sig.

Little more for the hype train - Top 10 radio advertisements as posted by Rockstar:

http://www.rockstarg...council-ra.html

My personal favorite - the Gatorade spoof. They are all good, but I literally think about it every time I drink it.

when i first get gta games i can't stop lol at radio ads they are great

#53 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

For me, San Andreas is my favorite followed by 4, then Vice City. Vice City is good but it just didnt register with me the same way. I'm also biased on 4 cause thats what made me get a 360 after seeing my buddies play it.

Anyway, this is the only game I'm preordering the rest of the year. Pumped for it!

#54 Wint3rSoldier   Put it in ur Mouf CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Wint3rSoldier

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Got a chance to tlk about the GTA V HYPE train on the VSN Arcade podcast

http://vsnarcadepodc...T20_36_58-07_00

#55 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

New screens are up on their site.

#56 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10531 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

So it looks like GameStop has the exclusive Collector's Edition. $149.99!!

http://www.gamestop....-edition/109637

Grand Theft Auto V GameStop Exclusive Collector's Edition

Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V
Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook
Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key - inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75" x 8.5" money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window
Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap - this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit
Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online - get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System
Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

#57 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Way too much extra for way too littler physical content.

#58 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14086 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Everything before the security bag is available in the $80 version.

#59 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

is the 80 an 150 doller editions both exlusive to gamestop? don't see hte 80 doller one on amazon.

#60 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

150 bucks is alot to pay for that little of stuff and near the end of current gen life.