Alien Anthology Blu-ray $19.99 @Amazon

This anthology Blu-Ray set was a great deal at twice the price. I strongly recommend that you pick it up if you are a fan of any of the Alien movies. The films themselves look much better in HD, the remastering treatment they got was excellent. And this set comes with all of the special features and extras of previous sets, and more. The packaging is also much more elegant and tasteful than the gaudy quadrilogy DVD set.

Just picked it up. Contemplated it at $25 many a time, but I'm not passing at $20 for two greats of their respective sci-fi genres, a decent flick, & a throwaway.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon has now matched BB's upcoming price of $19.99[/QUOTE]

Hell of a deal! I got mine back in may when it was the DOTD for $29.99. Sad part is I don't think I"ve watched any of it yet ;) :applause:

[quote name='URABAHN']Pretty sure you mean Amazon, but BB will have this for $19.99 starting Sunday.[/QUOTE]

How sure are you about this? May pass up amazon and get from best buy. I don't wanna find a $5 filler for FSSS and I live in NY so taxed either way.

no, but make sure it's the 6-disc set and not the 4-disc set which is stupidly also called the Anthology set. The 4-disc one should be called a Quadrilogy set to avoid confusion

[quote name='macgruuber']How sure are you about this? May pass up amazon and get from best buy. I don't wanna find a $5 filler for FSSS and I live in NY so taxed either way.[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad, which I've seen.

It is the book packaging, it's the only way the Anthology is sold in the US :)

It's really an amazing deal for the amount of content you get

[quote name='ssjmichael']It is the book packaging, it's the only way the Anthology is sold in the US :)

It's really an amazing deal for the amount of content you get[/QUOTE]

Glad I passed when I saw this at $30. I passed because I own the DVD Quadrilogy (it's actually 9 DVDs total), and it already had all the extras, as far as I know. But a :br: upgrade at only $20, I'm in!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Glad I passed when I saw this at $30. I passed because I own the DVD Quadrilogy (it's actually 9 DVDs total), and it already had all the extras, as far as I know. But a :br: upgrade at only $20, I'm in![/QUOTE]

There's about 10 hours of new extras I believe

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's about 10 hours of new extras I believe[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'll probably watch those first because I loved the extras on the DVD set so much.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

god damn it...should have waited...instead traded the resident evil steelbooks for the UK region release of this collection from a cag here :(

Bought the set at Frys.com for $24.99 thinking it couldn't possibly go lower than that. Who knew it could go lower for such a great set just like who knew the Prometheus 3D set could possibly go as low as $14.99 so soon right after got through Best Buy's Upgrade&Save deal. One lesson learned is always wait because things always get cheaper.

Glad I jumped on this. Threw my un-opened Alien and Aliens Blu rays I picked up from BBY upgrade and Save for $5 each (I beleive) so the upgrade is only $9 credit.

[quote name='consoleman']who knew the Prometheus 3D set could possibly go as low as $14.99 so soon[/QUOTE]

Everyone who saw Prometheus in theaters?

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you always wait because things always get cheaper then you will never buy anything[/QUOTE]
Well I waited several years until the PSP3k bundle finally hit clearance and got it at a good price.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well I waited several years until the PSP3k bundle finally hit clearance and got it at a good price.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is usually little risk in waiting on most items.

At the same time, we are talking about a four-film Blu-Ray collection for $20. I paid $70 for the same set and still don't regret it. If you don't already have this box set, get it now. It is well worth it.

I can't stress enough just how good Alien and Aliens look on Blu-Ray, or the sheer volume of extra features that this set comes with.

Are they selling the book version as show or that other crappy milti bluray case. I'd be tempted to rebuy if I could get the sleek book version.

This one:
615PvUo-6RL.jpg

or this one :cry:
51geNJiot5L.jpg

Damn...missed this one. I was trying to line up a sale on my DVD set before I pulled the trigger...hopefully it comes back for Black Friday.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Are they selling the book version as show or that other crappy milti bluray case. I'd be tempted to rebuy if I could get the sleek book version.
This one:
615PvUo-6RL.jpg

or this one :cry:
51geNJiot5L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The second one looks like it has UK ratings on the disc, so that's maybe the UK version? While US is book? I'm not sure, but both would be better than my 9 DVD mile-long fold-out, haha.

Got mine today, it's the book version & it's pretty nice. Don't know when I'm gonna get around to watching it, as I've seen Alien & Aliens several times on HBO the last couple months, but it's nice to know I'll be able to watch them in HD whenever I want to.

bread's done
Back