Used XBOX 360 Slim 4GB : How can I tell if it's banned or has problems?

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to purchase a 360 off of craigslist seeing as how it's cheaper than Black Friday deals. It's in good condition and comes with two games, cables, controllers, etc. But, how can I tell if it's worth a purchase? How can I tell if it's banned or will get banned? I've purchased plenty of PS3s (3 I think) of off Craigslist and I know the red flags for the PS3, but seeing as how this is my first 360, what should I look for? How can I tell?

Thanks!

If its a FAT X360 make it 2009 MFG date and that the seal is intact.

If it's a SLIM X360 you are on the safer side, the only way to tell if it reads the games is testing it by powering it up.
Otherwise, common sense applies to condition. (check the case all around to see if it has not been opened or tampered with)

I would not bother with old fatties prior of 2009 because of RROD

The only way you'll be able to if it's been banned before buying it is if you're on the phone with Microsoft(to give the serial number) when you meet the person. As for problems, just ask to check the console before buying it.

Thanks!

It's a slim xbox. I'm coming over his place tomorrow to test it out. So I guess here's some things to look out for.

1. Check the console for physical defects, of course.
2. Power on the console.
2. Does the tray open/close?
3. Does the console read/play discs?
4. Sign in to XBL and see if any error messages come up. Test to see if banned.

These tests should be good enough right?

So tangytangerine, instead of calling Microsoft, you think it'd be just fine if I sign in to XBL and/or do a network connection test? If the console is banned, something should come up right?

Also, I'm diggin your avatar. Case Closed/Detective Conan is my FAVORITE anime series and I don't even watch that much anime.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Thanks!

So tangytangerine, instead of calling Microsoft, you think it'd be just fine if I sign in to XBL and/or do a network connection test? If the console is banned, something should come up right?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that will work too. Hopefully the person will let you check out XBL to see if it works. If it's banned, it shouldn't even connect to XBL(it'll give an error status report). If they give some excuse like "their place has no internet connection" will probably be a red flag on the purchase.

bread's done
Back