Xbox Live 10th Anniversary Sale

anikan72

CAGiversary!
Giving credit where it's due: nowsleepy just posted this on RFD: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/xbox-live-10th-anniversary-sale-1257780/

Bastion - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Battlefield 1943 - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Castle Crashers - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Full House Poker - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved² - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Peggle - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Wreckateer - FREE (Was 800)

Here's the xbox.com page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/anniversary/ The contest doesn't apply to us Canadians but the deals do.

Pretty weak, considering all of those games have been on sale before. Free Wreckateer makes up for it though.

I'm hoping there's a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale next week. They usually have some awesome deals every year.

[quote name='Heartless18']Pretty weak, considering all of those games have been on sale before. Free Wreckateer makes up for it though.

I'm hoping there's a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale next week. They usually have some awesome deals every year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully that will be a better showing

[quote name='Mr.']Isn't that the original Geometry Wars? For 200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it is the original, and this is the first time it has ever gone on sale (released in 2005). I have been waiting for this for ages ... I really like the game, but since I own it on disc I was too cheap to buy the digital download. Looks like 200 MS Points is the price I am willing to pay to avoid switching discs!

I've been playing a bit of BF1943 again over the past couple of weeks, for old time's sake. It's still pretty fun! And I was surprised to find that people were actually still playing! I didn't have any problems finding and connecting to games!

Back on topic: meh, I agree that these deals aren't really anything special, unless you're really late to the XBL party...

Sweet, Wreckateer for free and going to see Wreck-It Ralph tomorrow... Gonna Wreck it!

Fairly weak otherwise, unless of course you still havent played Bastion! Tsk tsk. Also hoping for some Black Friday deals

Thanks OP!

After taking a break from Dance Central 3, I tried Wreckateer and it's pretty awful. I'm not sure why Microsoft even bothered to feature this turd at their E3 conference.

So us Canadian's with a big old 10 beside our gamer tag get nothing?

I want a free limited edition conosle like our US cousins.

Canada probably has a slim fraction of the amount of 10 year subscribers the US has.....why did we get screwed?

[quote name='True Kronic']So us Canadian's with a big old 10 beside our gamer tag get nothing?

I want a free limited edition conosle like our US cousins.

Canada probably has a slim fraction of the amount of 10 year subscribers the US has.....why did we get screwed?[/QUOTE]

Blame it on the French squatters.

[quote name='anikan72']Giving credit where it's due: nowsleepy just posted this on RFD: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/xbox-live-10th-anniversary-sale-1257780/

Bastion - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Battlefield 1943 - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Castle Crashers - 600 MSP (Was 1200)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Full House Poker - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved² - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Peggle - 400 MSP (Was 800)
Wreckateer - FREE (Was 800)
[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks, man! I actually registered here just to thank you for giving me credit! I would've posted earlier, but there's this "no posting for 48 hours" rule. Anyway, that was really nice of you.

Guess it's time to get Bastion. Wreckateer is still showing up on the marketplace ad as free, but it's off the website and costs 800points if you try to buy it, weird.

edit: Was just for the 15/16th apparently. The rest are until the 22nd

Me to Im on the look out for it..
[quote name='Heartless18']Pretty weak, considering all of those games have been on sale before. Free Wreckateer makes up for it though.

I'm hoping there's a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale next week. They usually have some awesome deals every year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nowsleepy']Hey! Thanks, man! I actually registered here just to thank you for giving me credit! I would've posted earlier, but there's this "no posting for 48 hours" rule. Anyway, that was really nice of you.[/QUOTE]

Hey no problem at all! Thanks for the original post!

bread's done
Back