Restart now for only $1 GameFly subscription (YMMV)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
It's the best time of year to be a GameFly member with hot new holiday releases hitting the website every week. Now you can restart your membership and get our best offer ever - a full month of GameFly for only $1.

Hundreds of PC games FREE with Unlimited PC Play
Buy & download PC games via the GameFly Client
GameFly anywhere - apps for iPhone, iPad & Android
Faster delivery - 5 Shipping Centers across the U.S.

Rent from over 8,000 console & handheld titles
Quantities of this special offer are limited. This limited reactivation offer expires 12/1/12, is subject to continued availability, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer is only available by clicking through this e-mail. Limit one offer per household, must be 18 years of age or older. Offer valid for reactivating customers only. Offer valid in the 50 United States only. Internet access and valid payment method required to redeem offer.
Same promo Gamefly did last year for past subscribers, was notified via email so ymmv. By the way Gamefly offers Wii U games for rental. ;)

Sadly didn't work for me. (Maybe because I did it last year during December?) Was worth a try though, thanks for the heads up htz!

Works for me, but this is the worst time of year as I'll be gone for about 10 days later this month and another 10 in December so I'll pass.

It worked for my account...in which the last rental was in 2009. But didn't work for my account when I had a subscription last December.

I got this email, is it easy to cancel? I'd like to do the 1 month for $1 then cancel just want to make sure it's not a hassle.

Maybe if it was a dollar/month forever.... but still not a good ROI for me at my slow game playing schedule, not even w/ the member reward bucks.

I just got the email for this and was tempted since theres so many games I want to play that I wont be able to buy but when the hell did it go up to $22.95 a month for 2 games? Last time I used it I believe it was still $9.95 a month

$1 is great, but the regular price is way too high for me. I don't play games fast enough to make it worthwhile. I wish it was more like Netflix pricing, then I'd be interested.

At what point in the process will I know if it worked. When I initally click link & log in it gives me the full price options, does that mean it didn't work? Or should I fill in the rest of the info?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Sometimes I wonder if Gamefly + PS+ would be more than enough games to play and I could just stop buying them.

Nah.[/QUOTE]
For what Gamefly charges normally you could probably buy them and flip them back for cheaper...
I'm eligible but I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving since I know I'll be busy until at least then. Also, it's really annoying that I can't cancel until the last day of the month or I'll lose all the rest of my paid days. So I'm sure to forget and end up paying for a month...

hmmm works for me, but with me getting blops 2 monday i dunno if i will want to play any other games. But i have wanted to rent lolipop chainsaw, sleeping dogs, catherine and max payne 2 for a while now. hmmmm

I started up Gamefly a week ago and so far have received Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection and they just shipped Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. They're doing quite well so far for me this month.

I did this last year so it probably wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

if i get the month for a dollar is it going to auto charge the next month? been a while since i had gamefly and i forgot how it works

I got this email too today, and I'm thinking about taking advantage of it even though I just canceled my GF membership a month ago. Don't really want to play a lot with the holidays but for a buck it's worth it.

Only question I have is what plan is this? I'm hoping it's 2 games out at once but I can't get verification of that. For those who signed up already, what plan did you get?

[quote name='CatEyes']I got this email too today, and I'm thinking about taking advantage of it even though I just canceled my GF membership a month ago. Don't really want to play a lot with the holidays but for a buck it's worth it.

Only question I have is what plan is this? I'm hoping it's 2 games out at once but I can't get verification of that. For those who signed up already, what plan did you get?[/QUOTE]

2 at a time.

[quote name='CatEyes']I got this email too today, and I'm thinking about taking advantage of it even though I just canceled my GF membership a month ago. Don't really want to play a lot with the holidays but for a buck it's worth it.

Only question I have is what plan is this? I'm hoping it's 2 games out at once but I can't get verification of that. For those who signed up already, what plan did you get?[/QUOTE]

signed up with it and got 2 out at once.

Why are they sending these emails out to people who aren't eligible? It seems like false advertising trying to trick you into spending 23 dollars.

My big thing with gamefly is I can really only do at max 1 game a week on a rental with the 1 out sub, the only problem is with that sub its hard to get some of the new titles, I was getting sent stuff that was like down to 12-15th in my que and they took a few days to resend once it had been noted as returned. So the games they actually sent me where on par with just buying them when they had them on sale. So for me its oddly enough cheaper to buy games off them then renew a sub.

Worked for me, sans email. Thanks for the info.

Will hopefully score at least one of the recent 'must play asap' games that I'm too backlogged to justify buying.

Wish the service in general was a few bills lighter, though - cheaper to buy and flip, but also more time consuming.

[quote name='htz']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311547
^Probably could get 2 months for a $1 if that trick from last year still works.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that trick doesn't still work. I just signed up for $1 for the month, and then clicked cancel, and the banner was a promotion for half off normal price (~11 bucks), instead of the $1 it was last year. Not complaining tho, I'm definitely going to take advantage of this month for $1.

This worked for my account (i have 2) that I never actively used. However, the email address that I actively used and had my credit card charged doesn't have this deal.

Oh well, but like what Louiedog said, it's a bad time for me as well.
[quote name='louiedog']Works for me, but this is the worst time of year as I'll be gone for about 10 days later this month and another 10 in December so I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Got the email, but when I go to redeem it says the first month will be full price not a dollar. WTF?

Figured it out, I guess I have had two acocunts with them using different email addresses and this was only valid on the one account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I'll pass this along to a few friends. Already have GameFly and it's worth every penny. Bunch of free PC games and great discounts on used games. Their prices for PC games usually even beat Steam. I love how when you buy a used game that needs an online pass, they give it to you.

Are the shipping speeds still awful? I would wait up to a week for a game to get to me, and that's pretty much the only reason I cancelled.

EDIT: I live in the Chicagoland area BTW.

bread's done
Back