GameStop.com order not delivered )-: Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taren Fox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I order the Ratchet & Clank Collection off GameStop.com on the 2nd. It's been two weeks and still nothing.

I've never ordered from GameStop.com but apparently they use UPS and then transfer your package to a local USPS office for delivery. The USPS tracking number shows it's been sitting in Kilmer NJ since the 5th. See below (I edited out package ID and destination):

upsshipping.jpg

I tried calling the 1-800 UPS number, but they just told me to talk to USPS. I called the 1-800 USPS number and was just told "there is nothing we can do. Feel free to check the site multiple times a day for updates". What worries me is that another post office received electronic shipment information for an impending transfer, but it appears they never got it.

What should I do? Should I wait a little longer (it's been 7 days since estimated delivery)? I checked my order status on GameStop.com and it shows it as "closed" (shipped). Should I contact GameStop?

Bah, I feel kind of helpless. If I knew I would have to jump through hoops like this, I would have just paid MSRP and avoided the headache. Any help would be largely appreciated.

In my opinion, contacting GameStop is the only choice you have. Either they'll sort it out or you should contact your bank/credit card company and open a dispute.

I didn't have your exact situation, but one time my GameStop delivery went missing from UPS despite being marked shipped. I contacted GameStop - they opened up a trace with UPS - then I had to communicate with UPS who conducted an investigation. Once they found that I never actually got my package, UPS told GameStop and GameStop reshipped it to me.

So you should contact GameStop and have them either get in contact with UPS or USPS - and if they won't - open up a dispute against them with your credit card company, provided this delivery is beyond its estimated arrival date.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I checked my order status on GameStop.com and it shows it as "closed" (shipped).[/QUOTE]
Funny - I ordered Skyward Sword from them last November. It shipped and I got it within a week. However, to this day, my order status is still showing up as "Open" and not having shipped on the site.

Also noticed that they charged me for Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Edition without even confirming if it's shipped or not.

Last location is NJ that's why. They're still backed up from Hurricane Sandy and stuff is sitting in warehouses for weeks being sorted. Just talked to the Post Master about it as I have some sitting in NJ since Nov 1.

Put your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracker. Sometimes when they transfer UPS shipments to USPS they also inherit the same tracking info in their systems... obviously the same info is on the package, but in my experience, the USPS tracking information is more accurate. In other cases, it sometimes doesn't work at all.

All signs point to the Sandy factor, though. Best of luck.

[quote name='ferant316']Last location is NJ that's why. They're still backed up from Hurricane Sandy and stuff is sitting in warehouses for weeks being sorted. Just talked to the Post Master about it as I have some sitting in NJ since Nov 1.[/QUOTE]

That's basically the first thing that caught my eye too. Many retailers not only had delayed shipments, but many of them even canceled numerous orders due to the issue. It's definitely something that is out of your hands unfortunately due to the circumstances, and it's not entirely Gamestop's fault either, but I'd call them up just in case, and see if they may be able to send you another from another location maybe, and you can just return that one when it arrives, or something to that effect.

Put your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracker. Sometimes when they transfer UPS shipments to USPS they also inherit the same tracking info in their systems.
god.jpg

dark.jpg

Sorry to resurrect this nearly six-month old thread, but I'd like to add that a similar situation has just happened to me

I ordered two games from GameStop.com on 4/22, package has been sitting in the Springfield, MA post office since 4/25 (I live in CT), and estimated delivery was this past Monday, 4/29.

I've never had this happen before, as I've preordered games from them with value shipping in the past and the orders have arrived 2 days after release day.

Just wondering how long I should wait until contacting GameStop.

If its supposedly at the post office, try contacting that post office and let them know the situation... That the package is apparently just sitting there, well beyond the delivery date.

If they don't help you, contact USPS Customer Service via email or their number for faster (and likely more courteous) service.

[quote name='HydroX']If its supposedly at the post office, try contacting that post office and let them know the situation... That the package is apparently just sitting there, well beyond the delivery date.

If they don't help you, contact USPS Customer Service via email or their number for faster (and likely more courteous) service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't tell from the USPS site which Springfield, MA post office has the package (Google search shows that there are 8 post offices in Springfield, and I am not going to call all of them), so I think I'll wait until the middle to end of the week (let it get to a full 12 business days like it says in the Value Shipping description), and then call GameStop and ask for a refund.

You should just give USPS customer service a call and see if they can tell you which post office it is at since they have more information provided to them than what the online tracking will provide you on their site. If they can't help you from there then you can try contacting Gamestop after the time you set for the package to arrive in your post, but just contact USPS customer service first and see what they tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back