- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

#6001 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

But they're free. Why not try them? You may be surprised.

This.

As someone who was initially in the boat of "man US PS+ sucks compared to EU", after finally getting around to playing some of the free PSN games that I really knew nothing about like Quantum Conundrum and Outland, I went a head an renewed for another year.

Since I don't plan on stopping buying disc based games any time soon, I'm fine with getting a good mix of both full retail and PSN games for free with PS+.

If I ever get a Vita I might be interested in cloud saves more, but right now all I use PS+ for is free games and extra discounts, and I'm happy with it.

#6002 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3373 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

This, to me, is the worst part of plus. The ability to download & install patches/updates when it's convenient should be free... The way the Non-plus PS3 handles it now is so dumb it blows my mind.

Yeah, as Jim Sterling said - that and trophy syncing isn't a feature, it's a fucking fix. At least it's not like XBL where they keep things like Netflix behind the iron curtain.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#6003 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59841 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

No idea. Most the people who have suggested it said they're tired of "weekly disappointments" and would rather get it all out at once. Which is terrible logic. Maybe someone here can give a slightly better reason as to why they'd prefer monthly updates over weekly ones?.

Who wouldn't like to know what's coming for the whole month instead of just waiting until every Monday to see what will be out the next day? They don't have to show everything since deals and such can fall through, but games would be nice since those are generally locked down far enough in advance to facilitate that.

I'm tempted to finally get Critter Crunch. $1.40 is a steal. I enjoyed the demo too.

I'm in the process of knockin' out my backlog though. Down to 14 games. I'm hesitant about addin' another to the list.

How long is the SP for Critter Crunch?

I'm not quite sure how long it is since I don't think they have stats to tell you how long you've played, but it has quite a few levels in there that can get fairly challenging. It's still a lot of fun to play as they introduce new wrinkles to the mechanics throughout the campaign.

Any opinions on heroes of might and magic on ps3 vs ios?

It's $7.49 psn vs $4.99 ios currently. I don't have an ipad to play on, which touch arcade says is the way to go but wanted to see if there were other opinions?

I don't think it would be a very good game for an iPhone/iPod Touch since the screen is so small. The campaign takes about 35 hours to complete with all side stuff done, which works well to play in long, addictive chunks or short bursts on a console. I've played through it twice (DS, PS3) and I'll probably do another run with the XBLA version later this year.

I love the game, but I think its pretty shady that they used a Kickstarter to come up with money for the Twilight Zone license, and then turn around and ask double for it when it releases. I will still buy it eventually, but i'll make damn sure to game share it.

Why is it shady? Compared to the normal costs of putting out most tables, the Star Trek and Twilight Zone tables have a number of licenses to work out that are more costly than the vast majority of licensed tables out there. Rather than constantly apologizing to fans that wanted them about how they were too expensive to fit the model that they're working with, they took a chance and were able to crowdsourcing the licensing fees to help offset a large part of the financial risk of doing those tables, which would've resulted in more expensive tables had they not gotten them.

All of those people got their tables along with the rest of the DLC as a thank you, which was more than most paid for in the first place. If they didn't come through for the developers, you wouldn't have the table at all and then the issue would be about why they won't license the tables, so this seems like a much better alternative. The tables still require a little bit extra to cover development costs and all that associated with bringing the table to the game since they're still a business and have to try to make money so that they can release more tables. They've even gotten more licenses signed as a result of those Kickstarters, so it's pretty much win-win for everybody that's willing to understand what all went into bringing those tables to the game.

You guys don't get flipper lag with Pinball Arcade? I tried to transition to the PSN versions from 360, but I found them unplayable on the PS3 due to lag in the exact same setup that had none on the 360.

Works just fine on my Vita.

Would love the ST Next Generation Table to come to life.

It'll be coming along in the near future since that was another successful Kickstarter for them.

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6004 NovaKane   On the real... CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm not quite sure how long it is since I don't think they have stats to tell you how long you've played, but it has quite a few levels in there that can get fairly challenging. It's still a lot of fun to play as they introduce new wrinkles to the mechanics throughout the campaign.

Thanks. I'm gonna go ahead and get it. Haven't bought a puzzle game since Super Puzzle Fighter anyway.

#6005 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Imminent despair ahead. The freaking Dark Souls DLC is going to take me forever to get to due to me beating the game. Sad part is I'm like 20 hrs in on the 360 version right now. I can't take this.

#6006 AkariK   マスタースパーク CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Imminent despair ahead. The freaking Dark Souls DLC is going to take me forever to get to due to me beating the game. Sad part is I'm like 20 hrs in on the 360 version right now. I can't take this.

False. You need to kill the gargoyles, Quelaag, Iron Golem, Ornstein/Smough, and the Hydra. It goes very fast, I went back in a fresh NG++++ and it didn't take me long to get there at all.

#6007 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   3389 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Works just fine on my Vita.

Have you played any of the newer tables on your Vita? I have the first four and they look and play great on mine, but people are raging over on pinballarcadefans.com about the declining quality of every table released since on the Vita. They have screenshots for TZ on there that look pretty bad, and they're saying Scared Stiff is the worst looking yet.

#6008 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

False. You need to kill the gargoyles, Quelaag, Iron Golem, Ornstein/Smough, and the Hydra. It goes very fast, I went back in a fresh NG++++ and it didn't take me long to get there at all.

Well ok, was just getting into it with my 360 character but I guess I go back to PS3 for a while. I will for a fact be playing this game forever due to my love for it and that is very impressive that you are NG++++

#6009 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1765 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Have you played any of the newer tables on your Vita? I have the first four and they look and play great on mine, but people are raging over on pinballarcadefans.com about the declining quality of every table released since on the Vita. They have screenshots for TZ and Scared Stiff on there that look pretty bad.

I just played Twilight Zone for an hour on my Vita and think it looks fine. Certainly not as good as on the PS3, but still good and certainly playable.

decker%2001.jpg

#6010 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I know I'm late but Dokuro is pretty awesome. Finally getting some Vita play time in since I'm sidelined from surgery.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6011 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59841 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Have you played any of the newer tables on your Vita? I have the first four and they look and play great on mine, but people are raging over on pinballarcadefans.com about the declining quality of every table released since on the Vita. They have screenshots for TZ on there that look pretty bad, and they're saying Scared Stiff is the worst looking yet.

The only DLC table I have is the Twilight Zone table and it looks pretty good to me, so I don't really have the experience with it to be that obsessive about it.

#6012 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59841 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Looks like the new Home update adds some new things for PS+ people:

PlayStation Plus Improvements

• Extra functionality has been added for PlayStation Plus members.
  • PlayStation Plus members will now be able to select custom colors for their hair and make-up.
  • The color menu now has an additional customize option containing a color picker.
  • The last 8 custom colors that you have used are also kept in a palette so that you can select the exact same colors again if you need to.
  • The D-Pad can be used to switch between the color picker and the palette.
  • The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48.
  • An additional 8 pop up colors will also be available for PlayStation Plus members.
  • PlayStation Plus members can choose to display a PlayStation Plus icon on their character label.

Your PlayStation Plus subscription must be active to access these features.

http://community.us....es/m-p/39367397

#6013 PancakesAreLove   CAG Chef CAGiversary!   4807 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

PancakesAreLove

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Looks like the new Home update adds some new things for PS+ people:

http://community.us....es/m-p/39367397

Do you use Playstation home Frisky?

New Years backlog completed: 57/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6014 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59841 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Do you use Playstation home Frisky?

Not really, but I'll hop on every few months when I hear about interesting games on there.

#6015 lupe guillotine   Help me! CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

lupe guillotine

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Well, I just upgraded my 160 GB HDD to 1TB (931GB) HD. Now to start downloading everything again. Thank for the advice everyone that helped me.
Posted Image

#6016 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   953 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Derrick the Deathfin seems like it would have been a better fit on the Vita. It almost looks like a precursor to Tearaway.

Yeah, it does look like it would be a good fit for Vita but also fun on the big screen. I just finished up Mutant Blobs Attack and I thought it was perfect for Vita. Little platformers with digestable levels have a natural home.

Derrick the Deathfin is a good amount of fun. There are about 32 short levels, where the goal is to get from the beginning to the end of the level without dying. You have a "Hunger Timer" that quickly drains, so you have to be eating other fish frequently or collecting gems, otherwise you'll die. Gems and flaming tires are the two collectibles in the game, and each level gives you a bronze/silver/gold rank after you complete it, so there is a little bit of replay value if you want to go for 100% of the trophies. I'd say it took me about 5 hours to 100% the game.

The controls are pretty decent, they just take a little getting used to. It's a cute, fun little game that I'd say is worth $4.

Sounds good to me and thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to pick it up. It almost sounds like Feeding Frenzy with platforming, which is awesome. Short levels are always a positive to me with unpredictable gaming time.

Also, I agree with everyone bewildered by the hate that PS+ gets and that they want to get the "disappointment" over with once a month. What the Shaq, man? If it's so negative to you just don't subscribe to it. No one is forcing you to pay for it. The list of games is public so you aren't going into it blind to the type of benefits you'll get.

PS+ is currently my favorite thing in gaming and the value is just insane. I bought a Vita basically as a Plus machine and I don't foresee ever running out of content thanks to that initial hardware investment. Forgive the crassness, but a lot of people are just stupid.

#6017 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9465 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

How is Critter Crunch? For those who played already?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6018 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6400 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

I liked it, cute little puzzle game, though it can get hard towards the end.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6019 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

So, anyone got any suggestions on which Final Fantasy game I should buy?

Also, when does the store update?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6020 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36232 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Which have you already played?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6021 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Couldn't pass up VC2 for 10 bucks. Loved the first one.

Sucks we'll never get the 3rd.

#6022 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7136 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Final Fantasy VI-IX are all great and the store usually updates anywhere between 4-7PM. Can you tell me this since I answered your questions, do we get to keep the free games when our PS+ expires?

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#6023 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36232 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Final Fantasy VI-IX are all great and the store usually updates anywhere between 4-7PM. Can you tell me this since I answered your questions, do we get to keep the free games when our PS+ expires?

No.

But if you ever get PS+ back you get access to those games again.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6024 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   4524 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Sarcasm VI - IX are good.

We all know the store updates on Mondays and Thursdays. I love getting 2 updates each week.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gifsigpic125994_9.gif

#6025 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12613 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Couldn't pass up VC2 for 10 bucks. Loved the first one.

Sucks we'll never get the 3rd.

Just be ready to face palm with the story. May do something against the ToS if that fan translation of VC 3 becomes a reality.

#6026 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Special thanks to whomever was behind the nearly 1 GB "update" for Playstation All Stars (Vita) I had to download yesterday.

My memory card is very appreciative.

Not.

#6027 phogoodness   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

phogoodness

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Very good game, though there is a bit of a learning curve and gets pretty difficult at the end levels.

#6028 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

VC2 is a Sega game, which means it'll likely go on sale for $5 soon.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6029 evilive72   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

evilive72

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I noticed that the THQ catalog on the EU PSN store received a permanent price drop today. Any news on the US store getting this drop? They are listed as Permanent drops on the store.

#6030 realit3y   Doubl3 Kill CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I noticed that the THQ catalog on the EU PSN store received a permanent price drop today. Any news on the US store getting this drop? They are listed as Permanent drops on the store.

No news as of yet, it would be cool if Vigil Games also put Darksiders 2 on US, regarding other news I love what they are doing on Europe letting us choose what we want I'm voting for Ni no Kuni and mass Effect, cool games and even cooler free even though they are examples and might not come who cares: Ni no Kuni in there guaranteed vote from me.

http://blog.eu.plays...nt-do-you-want/
:error:
Spoiler