Skylanders Giants Ultimate Value Game Bundle - All First Release Characters - $139+FS

jrutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Walmart is having a pre-Black Friday sale today. Included is the Skylander Giants Ultimate Value Game Bundle with all first release characters included, for $139 with Free Shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylander...elease-Characters-Included-Universal/22027271

This includes the following:

Skylanders Giants: Chill (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Fright Rider (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Giants - Bouncer (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Giants - Crusher (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Giants - Swarm (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Ignitor (Series 2) (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Lightcore - Drobot (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Lightcore - Eruptor (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Pop Fizz (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Lightcore - Prism Break (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Slam Bam (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Terrafin (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Trigger Happy (Series 2) (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Whirlwind (Series 2) (Universal)
Skylanders Giants: Zook (Series 2) (Universal)

Option to add one of three Battle Packs or Triple Packs for $20.36 each.

Do the math - getting every one of the characters in the bundle would be about $180 on their own, so a savings of $40.

Not sure why the Giants are listed as Universal, as they are clearly not compatible with the first game.

Who here thinks upgrading from Series 1 to 2 is worth it? I am really not feeling it but I haven't played Giants yet so I dunno.

I still can't believe people on here waste their money on this. I sorta understand the ones with kids who do so, but they really shouldn't.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I still can't believe people on here waste their money on this. I sorta understand the ones with kids who do so, but they really shouldn't.[/QUOTE]

People enjoy collecting things. It's not that complicated.

No need to be a scrooge.

[quote name='Camwi']People enjoy collecting things. It's not that complicated.

No need to be a scrooge.[/QUOTE]

Obviously. Why, as a grown man, choose to collect these though?

And before someone mentions it, I can understand why a grown man would choose to collect action figures. They probably liked the characters as a kid and it's a way to re-connect with that past. That argument definitely doesn't apply to these though.

I'm not making judgments, I just don't understand it.

Yeah I don't understand either. I collect action figures from cartoons I watched as a kid and ones I watch now because they are good. Skylanders isn't a good game at all. I would buy a new Tmnt action figure because its good not simply because it looks cool. I think Skylanders fits right in with the casual/social/kids games market. Its like TY beanie babies. I thought Giants would be better since it is the 2nd game. But you are still getting nickel and dimed for content. Based off my video game knowledge prior to this post, I think this is the 2nd most expensive game DLC wise. Train simulator games being #1 with over thousands of dollars worth of dlc.
Disney is countering Skylanders http://www.gamespot.com/news/disney-taking-on-skylanders-with-disney-infinity-report-6400185 This would be something more common to collect because its disney.
Crossing my fingers that this is good and stomps all over skylanders. Maybe nintendo will do the same thing with pokemon and that will also be an awesome thing to collect.

What I don't understand is how they classify as action figures. My kids love collecting them, but I've not seen them once pick them up and play with them outside of the game.

[quote name='diemer']What I don't understand is how they classify as action figures. My kids love collecting them, but I've not seen them once pick them up and play with them outside of the game.[/QUOTE]

I've had quite a few parents tell me their kids play with them outside of the game.

Also, my wife likes to collect them and play the game. I'm not some hardass that likes to judge people for things either like some, so whatever floats people's boats, you know.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Obviously. Why, as a grown man, choose to collect these though?

And before someone mentions it, I can understand why a grown man would choose to collect action figures. They probably liked the characters as a kid and it's a way to re-connect with that past. That argument definitely doesn't apply to these though.

I'm not making judgments, I just don't understand it.[/QUOTE]

People like all sorts of shit that you may not. I think it is as simple as that although I find it interesting that you see legitimacy in collecting certain kinds of action figures but not in others.

[quote name='diemer']What I don't understand is how they classify as action figures. My kids love collecting them, but I've not seen them once pick them up and play with them outside of the game.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on the kids (and probably where you store the Skylanders). My son (5) plays with them all the time when he isn't playing the Xbox. He plays with them like any other toy he has (batman, transformers, etc.).

[quote name='Javery']People like all sorts of shit that you may not. I think it is as simple as that although I find it interesting that you see legitimacy in collecting certain kinds of action figures but not in others.[/QUOTE]

I think I gave a pretty good and succinct explanation as to why collecting certain kinds of action figures is more legitimate than collecting these: nostalgia. This game came out a year or two ago, there is no nostalgia with it. I would easily understand people collecting the Disney Infinity characters.

Also, do these figures move at all? If not, I wouldn't consider them action figures.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think I gave a pretty good and succinct explanation as to why collecting certain kinds of action figures is more legitimate than collecting these: nostalgia. This game came out a year or two ago, there is no nostalgia with it. I would easily understand people collecting the Disney Infinity characters.[/QUOTE]

Your "explanation" is no more legitimate than me saying I like to collect Skylanders because of pants.

[quote name='Javery']Your "explanation" is no more legitimate than me saying I like to collect Skylanders because of pants.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing your one of these grown men that collects skylanders toys?

[quote name='gmsick']I'm guessing your one of these grown men that collects skylanders toys?[/QUOTE]

Um... no. My son has a bunch (and we've been recently playing it which is why I clicked this thread). I personally think collecting anything (toys, coins, stamps, movies, music, etc.) is a complete waste of my time and money but I'm not about to judge others who find value or satisfaction in it. I'm sure I have a couple of hobbies that others would find to be a waste of time and money.

I just thought it was interesting that gettinmoney662 thinks there are more "legitimate" reasons to want to collect something like a "Disney Infinity character" (which I have no idea what the hell that is) instead of Skylanders. It makes no sense!

[quote name='Javery']Um... no. My son has a bunch (and we've been recently playing it which is why I clicked this thread). I personally think collecting anything (toys, coins, stamps, movies, music, etc.) is a complete waste of my time and money but I'm not about to judge others who find value or satisfaction in it. I'm sure I have a couple of hobbies that others would find to be a waste of time and money.

I just thought it was interesting that gettinmoney662 thinks there are more "legitimate" reasons to want to collect something like a "Disney Infinity character" (which I have no idea what the hell that is) instead of Skylanders. It makes no sense![/QUOTE]

Hmmm, maybe you don't know what nostalgia means. My bad.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']It's in your best interest to ignore gettin, he's just trolling.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one who said that collecting toys because of nostalgia is the same as collecting toys because of pants.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm not the one who said that collecting toys because of nostalgia is the same as collecting toys because of pants.[/QUOTE]

I'm only replying to you one time cause I'm not gonna continue to feed you. This has nothing to do with your nostalgia comment. You come in threads making smartass comments, like insutling "grown men" in this thread, and then get super defensive when you get called on it, and try to turn it around. You do it in other threads recently calling people idiots and such just for reactions. Hopefully sometime soon the mods will get tired of dealing with you like past trolls and take care of the situation, but until then, keep it up, we love you to threadshit.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I'm only replying to you one time cause I'm not gonna continue to feed you. This has nothing to do with your nostalgia comment. You come in threads making smartass comments, like insutling "grown men" in this thread, and then get super defensive when you get called on it, and try to turn it around. You do it in other threads recently calling people idiots and such just for reactions. Hopefully sometime soon the mods will get tired of dealing with you like past trolls and take care of the situation, but until then, keep it up, we love you to threadshit.[/QUOTE]

I don't call people idiots just to get a reaction. I call them idiots because they're idiots. I don't care if they respond to it.

No one really needs a legitimate reason to collect or do anything...if they enjoy it, I'm not one to tell them there's no reason they're having fun. If you're looking for one, it's probably the same reason people try to collect all 151 pokemon or all 1000/1000 achievements for a game.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I bought into the first game and regret it. Its a stupid waste of money and they wont get me again.[/QUOTE]
I the first one up for my son and I to play. He played with the characters a ton (as action figures) for a few months and slowly lost interest in them. Luckily I was able to sell off most if the characters while prices were still decent and let him keep a few favorites, which he still plsys with from time to time. He recently spotted the giants at Walmart and flipped his shit wanting them. I'm not going to be buying this one anytime soon as I regret all the money we spent on the first game only for him to lose interest.

[quote name='Salamando3000']No one really needs a legitimate reason to collect or do anything...if they enjoy it, I'm not one to tell them there's no reason they're having fun. If you're looking for one, it's probably the same reason people try to collect all 151 pokemon or all 1000/1000 achievements for a game.[/QUOTE]

There are 649 of those evil bastards now! :D

[quote name='UnrealZero']Yeah I don't understand either. I collect action figures from cartoons I watched as a kid and ones I watch now because they are good. Skylanders isn't a good game at all. I would buy a new Tmnt action figure because its good not simply because it looks cool. I think Skylanders fits right in with the casual/social/kids games market. Its like TY beanie babies. I thought Giants would be better since it is the 2nd game. But you are still getting nickel and dimed for content. Based off my video game knowledge prior to this post, I think this is the 2nd most expensive game DLC wise. Train simulator games being #1 with over thousands of dollars worth of dlc.
Disney is countering Skylanders http://www.gamespot.com/news/disney-taking-on-skylanders-with-disney-infinity-report-6400185 This would be something more common to collect because its disney.
Crossing my fingers that this is good and stomps all over skylanders. Maybe nintendo will do the same thing with pokemon and that will also be an awesome thing to collect.[/QUOTE]

im shocked nintendo hasnt jumped on this with pokemon, it would be a cash cow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I still can't believe people on here waste their money on this. I sorta understand the ones with kids who do so, but they really shouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Because a lot of us know good - fun - games when we see them. Some of us don't flock to only AAA franchises, given good reviews based on their names alone, while looking all gritty and realistic.

Some of us see the old school - Gauntlet style - gameplay this game offers.

In other words, some of us have open minds when it comes to gaming. We aren't insecure gamers who are afraid to have kiddy looking games, because we want to look cool and macho.

That's why this generation of gaming has failed beyond belief. Too much focus on graphics, shooting, driving, and M-rated games.

By the way, this is coming from a 33 year old (will be 34 in 9 days), who has a very diverse game collection, that isn't only filled with games that get 9.0 and higher reviews, gritty - realistic - games, or games from established franchises that like to "play it safe."

I owe games like Skylanders for making my collection standout from everyone elses, because it dares to be different, while everyone flocks to the safe house of gaming.

[quote name='megax11']Because a lot of us know good - fun - games when we see them. Some of us don't flock to only AAA franchises, given good reviews based on their names alone, while looking all gritty and realistic.

Some of us see the old school - Gauntlet style - gameplay this game offers.

In other words, some of us have open minds when it comes to gaming. We aren't insecure gamers who are afraid to have kiddy looking games, because we want to look cool and macho.

That's why this generation of gaming has failed beyond belief. Too much focus on graphics, shooting, driving, and M-rated games.

By the way, this is coming from a 33 year old (will be 34 in 9 days), who has a very diverse game collection, that isn't only filled with games that get 9.0 and higher reviews, gritty - realistic - games, or games from established franchises that like to "play it safe."

I owe games like Skylanders for making my collection standout from everyone elses, because it dares to be different, while everyone flocks to the safe house of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Haha, wow, you got all that about me from one statement I made?

http://www.backloggery.com/gettinmoney662

That's my PS3 game collection if you wanna check it out after taking your foot out of your mouth.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, wow, you got all that about me from one statement I made?

http://www.backloggery.com/gettinmoney662

That's my PS3 game collection if you wanna check it out after taking your foot out of your mouth.[/QUOTE]

Why would a grown man play ps3 games? I understand if they play Atari since it's from back in the day....

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Why would a grown man play ps3 games? I understand if they play Atari since it's from back in the day....[/QUOTE]

I'm guessin logic is not one of your strengths.

The main attraction for me is that I get to share two of my favorite things as a kid with my sons. Figure collecting and video games. It is as simple as that.

Sure, they aren't articulated, but neither are the Super Mario figures we get, and the boys have tons of fun with them. And those cost about the same and don't interact with multiple games or store save data. And realistically, my favorite figures from my childhood, Star Wars, were not articulated very well either. Their knees and elbows stayed straight as a board, and we were lucky if the head turned. Guns never were held straight and constantly fell out. Accessories were always way too big just so they were possible to attach to them. That's what imagination is for. It is probably more accurate to call them "figures" and not "action figures", but I guess it depends on what you consider "action" to be. And to be honest, the figure quality on Skylanders is really good, and even better in Giants.

They are considered "Universal" because they work on any platform, and cross platform. It has nothing to do with sequel to original, although some of them that existed in the first game DO work in the first game just fine, minus their upgraded abilities. I can take one from our 360 across the street to the neighbor's Wii and it reads it in fine.

The deal posted in this thread is a decent bargain, but you can do better if you are willing to do a little running around and brave BF. Your best course for buying the figures is to get them in 3 packs, and take advantage of TRU's frequent Buy 1 Get 1 40-50% off. Also that pack isn't complete, it is just Wave 1 - which isn't very hard to track down. Overall, it isn't a bad deal if you just want to buy a bunch for your kid and don't want to spend a lot of time looking for things or deals.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm guessin logic is not one of your strengths.[/QUOTE]
That being said, you should now look back at what you wrote.

[quote name='StilesCrisis']Not sure why the Giants are listed as Universal, as they are clearly not compatible with the first game.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know for certain but I'm guessing "universal" means any system the game plays on - Wii, PS3, Xbox360, 3DS, so it's letting people know that they will work with any version of" Skylanders Giants", not necessarily the original "Skylanders" game.

The people complaining about this game are the same people who complain about how George Lucas raped their childhood w/ the prequels (which admittedly sucked balls for anyone over the age of 8). This is a kid s game meant for kids, if you aren't a kid go play Sleeping Dogs or something, sheesh.

Thanks for posting this just got the skylanders giants wii starter set for $39.

They have second release listed, but it's not available.

I only need three characters out of the second release..
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylander...00000012230215302434&veh=aff#Item+Description

I enjoy the game and I don't try collect them all I still don't have all of the first game characters. I need get camo..

I don't worry about variants as I'd go nuts trying to get them.. I did get the glow in the dark sonic boom and cynder, but that's mainly because I didn't have sonic boom and cynder came with the $39.99 starter pack.

I try wait for deals if getting things.

I might get this save me time and gas..

bread's done
Back