Amazon Movies & TV Holiday Deals (Includes Black Friday)

[quote name='Sistros']The complete set of Red vs. Blue on blu-ray looks like an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

fuck, that is super tempting! I think I might have to grab it.

Definitely in for Taken, Big Bang S5 and HIMYM S6. Also: I highly recommend The IT Crowd, great price for a fantastic British nerd comedy.

Not much this year for me from Amazon at least. BBT s5 and Kids in the Hall mostly. Might get a couple of movies. Got most of the ones on the list

Plan on getting Hangover, Fight Club, Digimon S1, Community S2 & The Matrix. Nothing amazing but Digimon was a pleasant surprise.

There are a few good deals to be had such as Brave, Red vs Blue, BBT and the Bond collection. I'm sure they'll add more deals like last year.

[quote name='JoePianist']Yawn...Nothing interesting this year. I was hoping that Indiana Jones Collection (Blu-Ray) would be on that list this year :p[/QUOTE]

It is. It will be a deal of the day.

Looks like they're already tinkering with it. I don't recall seeing the LOTR:EE Blu set listed before. Glad I picked it up the other day for $43, since they're only putting it at $50 for the Lightning Deal. I'm betting this will look better & better between now & Monday when they finally start.

Edit: Suck, looks like they took down The Universe Mega Collection. That was the one that caught my eye when this was first posted.

I was bummed that Brave was $9 at the most likely period of time that I couldn't be on Amazon, and then I saw it's the same price Cyber Monday before I go to work. Saved. I'd spring for the 3D version but that price is damn good.

[quote name='voice4hire']Weaksauce. No Mad Men Season 5 on Blu.

At least they're recognizing The IT Crowd.[/QUOTE]

I was really disappointed when I noticed no Mad Men Season 5.

Bummed by this. The only thing I want is the matrix, but I'll be on my morning commute to work when it goes on sale. Very disappointed not to see sunny in Philly season 6 on blu anywhere...

i'm sure they will add more or have surprises. They are missing the other walmart deals on bluray like cap america and thor and i'm positive they will do something for avengers.

How long is RVB in terms of hours or minutes (total)? I remember watching the first 3 seasons way back when they first showed up online. Always liked it but stopped watching for some reason. Might pick up the collection if the total length of 10 seasons is decent.

Bond 50 Blu-ray set as the Deal of the Day sounds tempting, but I doubt it'll be lower than the $129.99 price Best Buy has this week. Hope it is though.

[quote name='voice4hire']Weaksauce. No Mad Men Season 5 on Blu.

At least they're recognizing The IT Crowd.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Too many DVD sales...needs more Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]

And this.

Usually I buy stuff everyday during Amazon's black friday week. The only thing that might interest me is the Steve Martin set for $15. Even that price seems a little too high for me.

[quote name='JoePianist']Yawn...Nothing interesting this year. I was hoping that Indiana Jones Collection (Blu-Ray) would be on that list this year :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah this year is lame. The only thing looking good is Brave, but blah. Big Bang Theory is nice, but not at 3am.

Saving money!

[quote name='J7.']Any tips on how to get free shipping with all these different timed deals?[/QUOTE]Find some stuff that's on sale all week & save them in your cart, about the only thing you can do to get up to FSS without having to hurry to find stuff while you're on the lightning deal clock. About the only thing I can think to do if you don't have Prime.

[quote name='geeknhard']Find some stuff that's on sale all week & save them in your cart, about the only thing you can do to get up to FSS without having to hurry to find stuff while you're on the lightning deal clock. About the only thing I can think to do if you don't have Prime.[/QUOTE]

The FSS takes effect on the normal prices, not the Lightning Deal price (so a $25 item on sale for $15 should still qualify for FSS). At least that's how it was the past couple years.

Found some $3.99 Blus searching around today.

Sucker Punch 2 Disc
Last Samurai
Red Riding Hood
Hall Pass
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack

Probably more to be found, but I'm lazy & I've spent too much money today already.

Edit: Missed the $3.99 deal thread. oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='detectiveconan16']White Collar is $8 a season on Amazon. Yes, a price that doesn't end in .99.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen the show, is it any good? For that price Im thinking about picking up a few seasons.

Plus what would be a good $1 filler? :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have never seen the show, is it any good? For that price Im thinking about picking up a few seasons.

Plus what would be a good $1 filler? :lol:[/QUOTE]I liked what I watched. I like to think of it as a suave, sophisticated version of Psych (though that comparison is worthless if you haven't watched Psych either).

[quote name='kill3r7']There are a few good deals to be had such as Brave, Red vs Blue, BBT and the Bond collection. I'm sure they'll add more deals like last year.[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing Bond Collection?

bread's done
Back