FREE World of Warcraft + 1st two EXP Packs + 30 Days of game time..For D3 Owners

monster109

CAGiversary!
So I got this from Blizzard today:

(My name),

You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III. Now take your skills to Azeroth with a FREE digital copy of World of Warcraft® Battle Chest®, which includes 30 days of game time, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King® expansion packs.

To claim your copy, simply click the button below.

Or, you can log in to your Battle.net® account, select Games & Codes > Add a Game Key, and enter the CD Key provided below:

As stated from user: "sway" this offer expires on Dec 6, 2012

Hmm. No email for me yet, though I usually opt-out of promo mailings... wonder if it's too late?

Edit: just in case, turned on promos. Here's hoping I guess.

Yeah, I also declined to receive emails from them. So I didn't get this, damn. Guess I'll sign up and cross my fingers.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Can it be given as a gift? My brother has D3 and already has WoW but I've never played either of them.[/QUOTE]
Not sure man.

on the E-mail they do give you a CD-Key to enter to a Blizzard account. Just not sure if that specif code is only available to that account.

I wouldn't use it but that's pretty nice. I own pretty much all of Blizzard's games. No email for me. :speaktothehand:

I got it too.

At first I thought it was a phishing scam but after seeing this here its real.

Always was courous about WoW.

Hell something to pass time till i get my WII U on Tuesday.

For the people who havn't gotten an E-Mail.

I think you have to own Diablo 3 so check your E-mail account that you have connected to D3

And I'm not entirely sure but if you own D3 and have not gotten the E-mail you may have to beat D3 hence "You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III." but not completely sure...

I might have deleted mine as spam... I get so many spam emails claiming to be from blizzard. Even still I wouldn't have used it. All that crap should come free with Panda-ville because it's required to use it. Panda exp should have just been Titan and Wow should have faded away...

[quote name='Woocls']I might have deleted mine as spam... I get so many spam emails claiming to be from blizzard. Even still I wouldn't have used it. All that crap should come free with Panda-ville because it's required to use it. Panda exp should have just been Titan and Wow should have faded away...[/QUOTE]
Well I have never played WoW..So I'm happy

[quote name='monster109']For the people who havn't gotten an E-Mail.

I think you have to own Diablo 3 so check your E-mail account that you have connected to D3

And I'm not entirely sure but if you own D3 and have not gotten the E-mail you may have to beat D3 hence "You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III." but not completely sure...[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that you just need to own. Im talking to a friend in skype who owned D3 but never beaten it.

darn... if this is true that sucks cuz i dont have the email. probably went to junk spam and deleted. damn... It says or you can log into battle.net but i'm not seeing where to get that free package..

is "sway" the key code?

[quote name='hwmusic']darn... if this is true that sucks cuz i dont have the email. probably went to junk spam and deleted. damn... It says or you can log into battle.net but i'm not seeing where to get that free package..

is "sway" the key code?[/QUOTE]

No, Sway is a user, and the second person to post in this thread.

[quote name='hwmusic']darn... if this is true that sucks cuz i dont have the email. probably went to junk spam and deleted. damn... It says or you can log into battle.net but i'm not seeing where to get that free package..

is "sway" the key code?[/QUOTE]

Nein. The key is 26 alphanumeric digits long. The title of the email was : (first name) -- Take Your Skills to Azeroth With a FREE Digital Copy of World of Warcraft Battle Chest.

I only have D3 and SC1 and have never played WoW if it helps narrow down who got one or not, unless it was random like Drabelincoln had said.

[quote name='MrSuborbian88']I got one. I guess I'll be playing WoW for a month.[/QUOTE]

The inadvertent humor in this statement is probably only evident to those of us who have played WoW and escaped its grasp.

And yet you would still need to buy Cataclysm and Panda just to get up to date. The way they do expansions is absurd,
Also WoW is a bad game. Way past it's prime, I don't get why anyone would want to play WoW over Rift right now.

Got it. Anyone know if I can just download the clients and play 30 days for free later? Say a few months down the road. Don't have time to waste in WoW for a month yet.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Got it. Anyone know if I can just download the clients and play 30 days for free later? Say a few months down the road. Don't have time to waste in WoW for a month yet.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing!

Me too. Especially since I didn't even do the free trial to level 20 and with the holidays, I'd rather give this thing a chance when I have more free time to actually play (you think that's why they did it? Give you a taste but make damn sure you won't have nearly as much time to actually play during the 30 days?)

Got the email. Maybe I will redeem to just have on my account.

*EDIT*
Just entered my code. The 30 Days starts right when you enter it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it too. It's a terrible idea that I want to try it because my cousins have been playing WoW again recently and I'm sure they wanted to me play with them.

Guessing if you own WoW you don't get this? My bother has D3 and WoW, I wouldn't mind taking that copy and playing for free for 30 days for nostalgia.

I got one too and thought it was because I had just added an authenticator to my D3 account so I could use the blizzard account balance from the RMAH. I figured Blizzard wanted me to have something to spend my balance on.

For anyone who has done this is there any strings attached to the offer such as you have to put a credit card on file with them or have to call to cancel the subscription or is this truly a free month of WoW?

I have a code that I would be willing to trade for some of the halo 4 double exp codes. I just can't bring myself to gorging on Doritos and Mountain Dew to get the codes myself.

hmm. i did not receive this though i opted to receive promotional email from them..
maybe a US only thing (my account was set up in Singapore :/)

I got the email and shrugged it off but now that I think about it maybe I should see what all the hype is about. I haven't been crack addicted to a game since I was a wee lad. Then I got older and started college and just didn't have the time to play video games. Now I'm out of college and WANT to get crack addicted to a game. I just don't have the passion anymore and nothing has really sucked me in. I feel like that part of my childhood died.

1) After all these years is WoW still worth getting in to? I don't have any friends that still play it.
2) Will I be able to easily meet people to form parties to do stuff? Or does it put you into a party automatically kind of like in Diablo 3?
3) I love games but I can't stick to one game for more than 10-20 hours. Will this game suck me in and keep me playing for 100-200 hours?

I got the mail, have a Diablo III collector´s on my B.NET account and beat it just once, haven´t really touched it since and did get a copy. I gifted the CD key, and haven´t heard from the other person if it didn´t work, so I guess it did.

bread's done
Back