$10/$20 Cabela's bundles, $30 RE ORC SE, $40 KZ3 CE, $50 TW Move bundle @ GS

While many people dislike the game (I had a lot of fun with it) the RE: ORC SE for PS3 has been fairly hard to find while the 360 version was available at a reduced from ($40) from Amazon for quite some time.

[quote name='GBAstar']While many people dislike the game (I had a lot of fun with it) the RE: ORC SE for PS3 has been fairly hard to find while the 360 version was available at a reduced from ($40) from Amazon for quite some time.[/QUOTE]
I notice that as well.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']They need to drop SFXTekken SE PS3 to $30...[/QUOTE]Bestbuy long since dropped them to $35

Don't waste your time with that Big Game Hunter 12. I had to take it back because it wouldn't calibrate worth a damn. Upon searching google, it was a big known problem.

I feel deep sorrow to anyone who willingly wants to buy RE:ORC. I brought the SE on day one, traded it in barely 4 days later. I literally fell asleep while playing the game, I wasnt even tired.

Worst than Duke Nukem Forever for me

[quote name='dgwillia006']I feel deep sorrow to anyone who willingly wants to buy RE:ORC. I brought the SE on day one, traded it in barely 4 days later. I literally fell asleep while playing the game, I wasnt even tired.

Worst than Duke Nukem Forever for me[/QUOTE]

I disagree entirely. Like COD I believe RE is a series that is going to get unjust hate/criticsim. The game wasn't good by any stretch but it wasn't nearly as bad or as disappointing as DNF. That and I thought the multiplayer was creative (Good vs Bad with Zombies and RE creatures).

To not be able to get through the game you either have a terrible attention span or were expecting something this game wasn't ever designed to be.

There was just no variety to the game. The Single Player was just a chore by the 2nd playthrough, and Online got pretty repetitive considering the drastic lack of modes the PS3 had at launch.

I got RE:ORC during the Best Buy DOTD (I think it was $18?) early this year and it might be fun if you can play Co-op or something, but the AI in that game is just awful. Reminded me of Brink. It doesn't look like there's much in the SE to warrant $30 so I'd just wait for a $10 sale somewhere, or hope that it gets the "converted to used" treatment at GS eventually instead.

There's a KZ Helghast in the rafters at one of my local GS shops, but $40 is still a bit too pricey for me. I'm gonna hold out and hope they convert that freaking CE too...

[quote name='esalw822']I got RE:ORC during the Best Buy DOTD (I think it was $18?) early this year and it might be fun if you can play Co-op or something, but the AI in that game is just awful. Reminded me of Brink. It doesn't look like there's much in the SE to warrant $30 so I'd just wait for a $10 sale somewhere, or hope that it gets the "converted to used" treatment at GS eventually instead.

There's a KZ Helghast in the rafters at one of my local GS shops, but $40 is still a bit too pricey for me. I'm gonna hold out and hope they convert that freaking CE too...[/QUOTE]

I could Platinum Brink, that game was atleast enjoyable to a degree. ORC was just pure crap wall to wall.

[quote name='GBAstar']While many people dislike the game (I had a lot of fun with it) the RE: ORC SE for PS3 has been fairly hard to find while the 360 version was available at a reduced from ($40) from Amazon for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version of most games become rare (special editions or not). It's probably because it's on Blu-ray so people see it as more valuable than CD/DVD.

As for Operation Raccoon City, I played it co-op with a friend so it was much more enjoyable then if I had played solo. Watching a big Bio-weapon container land on my partner from the sky and insta-gib him was entertaining.

The main problem with the game was that it was just too short and outdated. If you previously played Resident Evil 2 (1998), then you'll get some of the nostalgia when you play thru ORC (2012). But that's just it, it feels more like a "behind the scenes" extras of an old movie re-released on Blu-ray.

I recall when RE2 was in development, they had a lot of ideas for what they wanted to originally put in the game (i.e. hordes of zombies coming after you, or busting through confined spaces) but a lot had to be scrapped because of the hardware (PS1) limitations. ORC seems like it had a lot of those ideas that they couldn't use at the time but not enough for an independent game, more like an expansion pack.

If anything the game should of been called, Resident Evil 2: Gaiden (side story). Adding Resident Evil 2 (redone in HD) along with ORC would of given it more length at least but that's probably asking for too much.

[quote name='Enuf']Bestbuy long since dropped them to $35[/QUOTE]
I've never seen the ps3 version at my local BB. Sadly, it looks like it's still $70 at bb.com. I picked up a copy for $40 during target's b2g1 but I think it's still too expensive.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I could Platinum Brink, that game was atleast enjoyable to a degree. ORC was just pure crap wall to wall.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, with ORC special edition you're practically paying 30 bucks for some fabric patches and a steel case. I had some high hopes for this game, was thinking that it would be like Left 4 dead mix with resident evil but nope got crap instead.

Thanks OP! I picked up the Survival game for Wii with the gun attachment today. They had converted it to pre-owned, since they're not stocking it anymore, so it only cost $8.

[quote name='slowdive21']RE ORC CE is converted to used 18.99 or something. I bought one the other day.[/QUOTE]
Lucky!

i wouldn't recommend paying $30 to play Re ORC, but if your a collections junkie looking for a sealed copy then i can understand, i played thru the game the day i got it and i beat it within 6 hours and there really is no plot to speak of really. they may have added some new stuff via free DLC but still, it's a rather empty experience.

If you really have to play then i'd recommend paying less than $10 for it, gamefly has been selling for less than $10 a few times before so it's likely to hit that mark again. or you can wait for the magic $5 price tag or gamestop rent it. it had some potential but unfortunately the studio developing this game was pretty crappy

bread's done
Back