PS3 Holiday Bundle $199 + S/H + Tax (BF Price available right now)

Just picked one up! Guess I don't have to wait in line or go through the hassle of the crowds. Thanks OP

They may cancel just because it doesn't appear they restricted quantities and you know some jackass is going to try purchasing 100

Thanks. I ordered one. The s/h is annoying, but, better than having to deal with the crowds Thursday night at Target for the possibility to get one. Also, having to wait on Amazon to possibly get one there. I'd rather do the Amazon, but, not sure I'll be at a computer to get one. Can always cancel too.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's really bad that I'm hesitant to pick this up because they are charging s/h[/QUOTE]

I think that's the sign of a CAG ... I know I'm waiting to grab mine in person at BB

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Is this the standard black friday bundle that most all retailers are going to have at $199?[/QUOTE]

the answer is yes

[quote name='GBAstar']They may cancel just because it doesn't appear they restricted quantities and you know some jackass is going to try purchasing 100[/QUOTE]

Would it really be worth someone's time to do that considering the size of the boxes? I mean who really wants to have 100 consoles delivered to their house. ;)

Seems like the deal isn't THAT good.

[quote name='etcrane']I think that's the sign of a CAG ... I know I'm waiting to grab mine in person at BB[/QUOTE]

is it confirmed that the ps3 bundle at bestbuy is a doorbuster deal?

[quote name='Agent Orange']Would it really be worth someone's time to do that considering the size of the boxes? I mean who really wants to have 100 consoles delivered to their house. ;)

Seems like the deal isn't THAT good.[/QUOTE]

you should read some of the stuff over at sd, you would be surprise ,lol

[quote name='Agent Orange']Would it really be worth someone's time to do that considering the size of the boxes? I mean who really wants to have 100 consoles delivered to their house. ;)

Seems like the deal isn't THAT good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know. I'm sure $199 is cheaper then what a small store owner pays from his/her distributor but you're right seems like a lot of hassle.

Does anyone have experience with canceling a pre-order or returning an item purchased from ToysRUs?

I'm asking because I am debating whether I should pre-order on ToysRUs.com now as an assurance that I'll get through BF with one of these PS3 bundles, but I'd much rather get it from Walmart (in person and minus shipping costs) or Amazon (I'm Prime and no shipping or tax costs), so I might not end up keeping the pre-order or shipped PS3 from ToysRUs if I pre-order it now.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I don't know. I'm sure $199 is cheaper then what a small store owner pays from his/her distributor but you're right seems like a lot of hassle.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's even worse, generally the distributor will say for every console you have to buy a couple of these games for xx each. And while maybe one or two titles are things you can sell (hopefully at even cost), for the most part the titles are things that aren't blazing hot sellers (like sports games that have been out for 3+ months and are priced way too high.) These are games that the distributor can't otherwise get rid of at reasonable cost or games that were dumped on them from Sony.

It's even worse around Christmas time. It's usually 5+ (different) games per console. And you still pay pretty much retail cost. That's why small shops don't stock them generally.

I bought one. Yeah...the same me who complained that last year's BF deal wasn't good enough. I may still go for the Amazon one if I get it and can cancel this (assuming this isn't cancelled), but I'm NOT dealing with lines when I need a few days off.

* One happy customer - I hope *

[quote name='YBX87']is it confirmed that the ps3 bundle at bestbuy is a doorbuster deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes and if it's like last year, as long as you are somewhere in the mob of people at opening at midnight, you will most likely get one. They had a metric ton of the bundles last year, so it wasn't a 'door buster' in the sense there are only 5 per store like the super cheap TVs, etc.

Also, if it's like last year, everyone is gunning for TVs, tablets and PCs ... so a PS3 or 360 should be fairly easy to acquire.

[quote name='etcrane']Yes and if it's like last year, as long as you are somewhere in the mob of people at opening at midnight, you will most likely get one. They had a metric ton of the bundles last year, so it wasn't a 'door buster' in the sense there are only 5 per store like the super cheap TVs, etc.

Also, if it's like last year, everyone is gunning for TVs, tablets and PCs ... so a PS3 or 360 should be fairly easy to acquire.[/QUOTE]

damn, i am actually gunning for a tablet, lol

I thought Toys R Us offer free Air Flo controller with the bundle if you pick up at the store on Black Friday. I do not see it with this bundle online, isn't it?

[quote name='ivos']I thought Toys R Us offer free Air Flo controller with the bundle if you pick up at the store on Black Friday. I do not see it with this bundle online, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to change it from shipping to a pick up then? Cause i don't mind paying an extra 30 bucks to not deal with huge huge lines. But if i can just pick it up at the store and save 30 bucks in what would be s/h i would be happy.

[quote name='sthenic']Link no longer works. Guess they pulled it[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.... Your post had me worried, so I checked my email, but I haven't received a cancelled order email or anything like that from ToysRUs. At least- not yet!

[quote name='cbulas1']Hmmmm.... Your post had me worried, so I checked my email, but I haven't received a cancelled order email or anything like that from ToysRUs. At least- not yet![/QUOTE]

Maybe they ran out? Cause i checked my order also at there website and its still being held until the date of release for shipping.

bread's done
Back