$10 Brave rebate & Best Buy Price Adjustments

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
$10 Brave Rebate:

I suggest doing a price adjustment first if you bought it at Best Buy to get it down to $15.99 after rebate.

5-Disc 3D Brave + FREE pre-order steelbook was $27.99 at Best Buy. Got it Adjusted to $24.99 on Tuesday (Target/Amazon). The Kellogs rebate then brings my total down to $15.99 for 3D Brave and steelbook.

$10 Kellogs Brave Rebate
http://stage.halloween.kelloggs.com/BraveRebateForm.pdf

Description:
Buy: Disney•Pixar Brave on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack or any Disney•Pixar Combo Pack—PLUS—any two Kellogg’s® Cereal
products (8.7 oz. or Larger).
Mail Requirements:
1) Proof-of-purchase tab from your Disney•Pixar Brave on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack or any Disney•Pixar Combo Pack.
Proof-of-purchase tab is located on the back of the product packaging just above the UPC.
2) Proof-of-purchase tabs or UPCs from your two Kellogg’s® Cereal products (8.7 oz. or Larger).
3) Cash-register receipt from your Disney•Pixar Brave on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack or any Disney•Pixar Combo Pack
purchase imprinted with store name and dated between September 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012, with
purchase price circled (photocopies acceptable).
4) Cash-register receipt(s) from your two Kellogg’s® Cereal product purchase(s) imprinted with store name and dated
between September 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012, with purchase price(s) circled (photocopies acceptable).
5) This original, hand-printed, completed certificate (no photocopies allowed).
Receive: A $10 rebate by mail. Please allow 6–8 weeks for check to arrive.

My pre Black Friday Best Buy price adjustment post is below. Don't if these prices are still accurate.

Old post:

5-Disc 3D Brave + FREE pre-order steelbook was $27.99 at release. Get it Adjusted to $24.99 (Target/Amazon)

Cinderella 2-disc blu/dvd platinum ed. + FREE steelbook + FREE Lucifer plush was $23 total at Best Buy at release. Get it adjusted to $15 (Target/Amazon)

Alien Anthology blu was $29.99 at Best Buy on sale a few weeks ago. Get a price adjustment to $19.99 (Best Buy & Amazon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! I just checked my receipt for Prometheus 3D and Madagascar 3D to price adjust. Already past the 30 days mark. I'm SOL too!

[quote name='trunks982']Damn! I just checked my receipt for Prometheus 3D and Madagascar 3D to price adjust. Already past the 30 days mark. I'm SOL too![/QUOTE]
They extended the pricematching window for the holidays so depending on when you bought you still may be able to

Thanks Op. will follow your lead on Cinderella

wait, when was the $19.99 on snow white/huntsmen?
another $10 if I can find that receipt

I picked up Prometheus 3-D when it was $25 -$5 MFG coupon, -$5 Upgrade and save for $15.xx otd. If I am thinking correctly, I should be able to price adjust to get $10 back since it was $25 base and it's $15 now - correct?

they wouldn't let me price adjust wtf how'd you guys do it they said there policy was all week that it wasn't Friday to Monday anymore that it was Monday to Monday so re-bought everything to do it the old fashion way.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I picked up Prometheus 3-D when it was $25 -$5 MFG coupon, -$5 Upgrade and save for $15.xx otd. If I am thinking correctly, I should be able to price adjust to get $10 back since it was $25 base and it's $15 now - correct?[/QUOTE]

Just tried that today and they would only give me $5 back. The darn U&S coupon made it appear to their computers as if they price was $20 instead of $25 negating the $5 you got for trading in a DVD. The $5 MFG coupon is still in effect so you end up getting it for $10 at least. I'm bummed that it couldn't be down to $5.

[quote name='KOPITARRULEZ_11']they wouldn't let me price adjust wtf how'd you guys do it they said there policy was all week that it wasn't Friday to Monday anymore that it was Monday to Monday so re-bought everything to do it the old fashion way.[/QUOTE]

Price adjustments should be good for 30 days from your purchase date. It might be more now for the holiday shopping season as someone mentioned but I'm not sure if it kicked in yet.

[quote name='consoleman']Just tried that today and they would only give me $5 back. The darn U&S coupon made it appear to their computers as if they price was $20 instead of $25 negating the $5 you got for trading in a DVD. The $5 MFG coupon is still in effect so you end up getting it for $10 at least. I'm bummed that it couldn't be down to $5.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will take that info in with me and maybe they will give me a $5 GC or something. I am on very good terms with my BB. Even though every time I go in there, I feel like I am ripping them off because of some $5 game or other such thing, they are just happy I am there buying stuff.

i also price matched/adjusted today. It was not a pleasant experience. probably will post the story in the BB ad thread a little later maybe and link it for those who care.

this week best buy isn't price matching anyone, not even themselves from previous purchases apparently. what i had the CSR do was process it as a return then rebuy, took over 15 min maybe more than 20.

Got:
Alien Anthology
Prometheus 3D
the Sitter
the Dictator
21 Jump Street
the Raid Redemption (free)
the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Bad Teacher (free)
for about $90-92, but it took about 20 min. Here's why:
Trying to get the movies ahead of time (minus the Raid and Bad Teacher, thinking I would use the B1G1 promo on 21 and TGWTDT) I bought the movies on Friday for a whopping $150 thinking I could just price match/adjust on Sunday (today). Little did I know that this week they weren't price matching, not even themselves. I had to get the cashier to do a return rebuy, but the guy was new-ish and needed assistance as well as an override or 2. When all was said and done about 20 min after being charged about $104, I was walking out and double checked the receipt and saw I was charged 2x for the Sitter, so I had to go back and get that returned. Then the total came out to about $90 (for 11-15 movies / documentaries I am satisfied. I wasn't mad that it took so long only because it was sort of my fault for trying to beat the sale dates, but it was kind of redundant to not price match themselves for the first 3-4 days of the week.
. Hopefully my Black Friday shopping exp goes better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='consoleman']Just tried that today and they would only give me $5 back. The darn U&S coupon made it appear to their computers as if they price was $20 instead of $25 negating the $5 you got for trading in a DVD. The $5 MFG coupon is still in effect so you end up getting it for $10 at least. I'm bummed that it couldn't be down to $5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sassylaurie']I picked up Prometheus 3-D when it was $25 -$5 MFG coupon, -$5 Upgrade and save for $15.xx otd. If I am thinking correctly, I should be able to price adjust to get $10 back since it was $25 base and it's $15 now - correct?[/QUOTE]

Really you want to get a pretty big name 3D blu for $5? How can you take advantage of an expired promo? And $15 for this movie, though i haven't seen it but have heard that the extras more than make it worth the purchase, is good enough. But to be dissappointed in not getting it for $5 come on.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Damn, I bought all three of those from Amazon. I guess I'm SOL unless I talk to a very very very nice customer service person.[/QUOTE]

I've been buying a lot less from Amazon because of this reason, especially when BBY made the price match period 90 days. I bought Titanic on Amazon though, I could have had that sucker price matched too.

[quote name='skiizim']I've been buying a lot less from Amazon because of this reason, especially when BBY made the price match period 90 days. I bought Titanic on Amazon though, I could have had that sucker price matched too.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think the same way.

Just got Brave, thanks op! :)
[quote name='PublikDefender']Just got home from getting a bunch of price adjustments!

Here's what I did:

5-Disc 3D Brave + FREE pre-order steelbook was $27.99 at release. Get it Adjusted to $24.99 (Target/Amazon)

Cinderella 2-disc blu/dvd platinum ed. + FREE steelbook + FREE Lucifer plush was $23 total at Best Buy at release. Get it adjusted to $15 (Target/Amazon)

Alien Anthology blu was $29.99 at Best Buy on sale a few weeks ago. Get a price adjustment to $19.99 (Best Buy & Amazon)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']I've been buying a lot less from Amazon because of this reason, especially when BBY made the price match period 90 days. I bought Titanic on Amazon though, I could have had that sucker price matched too.[/QUOTE]

90 days? I thought it was 30

[quote name='macgruuber']Really you want to get a pretty big name 3D blu for $5? How can you take advantage of an expired promo? And $15 for this movie, though i haven't seen it but have heard that the extras more than make it worth the purchase, is good enough. But to be dissappointed in not getting it for $5 come on.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, I paid $25 for it a month ago. If it's $15 now, I expect to get $10 back. My $5 for my DVD trade-in should not go from $5 to zero.

I couldn't agree more. When Amazon stopped honoring price guarantees of any kind, I pretty much stopped shopping with them. That and the fact they have to charge tax in my state. Shopping in stores, I have the option of returning stuff that I decide I don't want or can get cheaper within the return period. Ordering stuff online, you don't have that option unless you don't mind paying to ship stuff back.

[quote name='consoleman']As far as I'm concerned, I paid $25 for it a month ago. If it's $15 now, I expect to get $10 back. My $5 for my DVD trade-in should not go from $5 to zero.[/QUOTE]

Why shouldn't it? I think the $5 off trade in promo for a coupon has expired so should that offer. Thats just my thought I'll leave it at that and I'll leave this here for your response if you choose to make one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0sK65PyVI

[quote name='donut']90 days? I thought it was 30[/QUOTE]

It's 30 days for non silver members, they changed it from 60 to 90 for silver members.

[quote name='macgruuber']Why shouldn't it? I think the $5 off trade in promo for a coupon has expired so should that offer. Thats just my thought I'll leave it at that and I'll leave this here for your response if you choose to make one:

Funny how the manufacturer coupon remains intact. It's a coupon just as the U&S coupon was so your argument doesn't hold water. It basically comes down to the screwy way U&S coupons are applied in their computers as opposed to manufacturer coupons.

I emailed Amazon and got a $3 credit on my Brave (5-disc) pre-ordered set. Brings that down to $16.99 after the original $8 coupon.

[quote name='consoleman'][quote name='macgruuber']Why shouldn't it? I think the $5 off trade in promo for a coupon has expired so should that offer. Thats just my thought I'll leave it at that and I'll leave this here for your response if you choose to make one:

Funny how the manufacturer coupon remains intact. It's a coupon just as the U&S coupon was so your argument doesn't hold water. It basically comes down to the screwy way U&S coupons are applied in their computers as opposed to manufacturer coupons.[/QUOTE]

Want to drop it but I want to end it on this: Don't they get reimbursed from accepting the manufacturer's coupon (as I've read many times when people say that they should stack with other promos).

[quote name='skiizim']It's 30 days for non silver members, they changed it from 60 to 90 for silver members.[/QUOTE]

ahhh grasshopper, you are correct I had 60 for snow white....

Silver = MORE Time. We want you to ensure you love every purchase. So contact the Helpline for help with setup. Or, get a recommendation on an exchange that better fits your needs. Best of all, you have plenty of time to decide with a 60-day return, exchange and price-match policy on Best Buy and BestBuy.com purchases. Enjoy 180 days to use your reward certificates.

[quote name='macgruuber'][quote name='consoleman']

Want to drop it but I want to end it on this: Don't they get reimbursed from accepting the manufacturer's coupon (as I've read many times when people say that they should stack with other promos).[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they make something recycling the DVDs trade in too so why should we, the consumer, end up getting $0 for our trade-in after a price adjustment?

I'm not interested enough in the rebates to cut up the artwork from my Blu-ray discs... I might be one of the few who are like that, but I guess I'm stereotypical "collector" like that.

bread's done
Back