wii to wii u transfer error?

Is your Wii system memory full?

I didn't have any issues once I got to the newest version of the Wii Shop. It was able to transfer all of my game saves and purchases (along with the 100 useless points that I have remaining in the market) and it took about 45 minutes. (Probably 15 or 20 Virtual Console games.)

One thing to keep in mind before transferring stuff: Put as much stuff as possible on the Wii Menu and off (deleted) from the SD card. Why? Stuff from the SD card will not be playable on the new system without a redownload. If it's on the Wii Menu, it transfers.

As for errors, the Wii Shop hung on me this morning and I had to pull the power cable on my system. I waited 10 minutes too.

Yikes. That sucks, I haven't had a chance to do the transfer, but I'll give it a try tonight.

Anyways, I assume the answer is no, but is there any way/will there ever be a way to use transferred Wii/Nintendo Points on games/DLC for the WiiU? I have around 3000 points sitting in my account, and nothing left on the old VC that I would ever want to buy. Any advice on this?

[quote name='drktrpr1']Yikes. That sucks, I haven't had a chance to do the transfer, but I'll give it a try tonight.

Anyways, I assume the answer is no, but is there any way/will there ever be a way to use transferred Wii/Nintendo Points on games/DLC for the WiiU? I have around 3000 points sitting in my account, and nothing left on the old VC that I would ever want to buy. Any advice on this?[/QUOTE]

Sadly it's stuck in Wii land forever according to all the documentation and warnings from Nintendo.

The talk is that they might try to bring Virtual Console games over to the Wii U from the emulated Wii section. That's the hope of many at this point.

bread's done
Back