litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Valid for the next six Wednesdays for Silver members

http://myrewardzone.com/DoublePoints

---

Wednesdays are More Rewarding
Shop for the holidays and get 2X points on all your in-store purchases every Wednesday until the end of the year. Only for Premier Silver members like you. Must claim offer to redeem.

Offer expires: 12/26/2012

Experience the rewards of giving this season. As a Premier Silver member you get 2X points on all in-store purchases made on Wednesdays, now through 12/26/12. Enjoy our gift to you as you shop for others this holiday season.

Offer available at Best Buy® stores only.

To redeem, you must claim offer and provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Reward Zone members will get 2X their base points. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. Members earn 2 points for every $1 spent on a qualifying purchase. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box and Marketplace items. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone member number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
Offer valid 11/18/12-12/26/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure but do you think you can get 4x points if you do this on top of using the
best buy in store credit card.

[quote name='stevey22']Not 100% sure but do you think you can get 4x points if you do this on top of using the
best buy in store credit card.[/QUOTE]
You get 3x points, not 4x.

[quote name='Fukurou']Best Buy Reward Zone Silver is a fvcking joke. Spending $2500 in one year...[/QUOTE]

How is this relevant in any way to the OP? Also, Best Buy sometimes runs promos where you can get upgraded to Silver for getting a new phone upgrade, so it's really not that difficult.

[quote name='Fukurou']Best Buy Reward Zone Silver is a fvcking joke. Spending $2500 in one year...[/QUOTE]

Sorta just sounds like you're bitter you're not silver, not trying t be a asshole or anything.

And like the guy above me said, there are many easy ways to get silver status without actually spending $2500

He'll I'm a college student and have gotten over $5,000 according to myrz

I hit the 2500 a couple of years ago when I bought a new TV. But, for whatever reason, Best Buy has extended my Silver status the past two years even though I barely shop there any more. It is like that ex-girlfriend you break up with but keeps trying to get your attention.

Ya, just bought a new Stove & Fridge so that was that. If you have the Reward Zone Credit Card every day purchases also count towards Premier Silver.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']What about video games? Since you normally get 2X on VG purchase, does that double it again to 4X???[/QUOTE]

Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Reward Zone members will get 2X their base points. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. Members earn 2 points for every $1 spent on a qualifying purchase. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box and Marketplace items. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone member number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Offer valid 11/18/12-12/26/12.

If you are refering to little to no benefit for silver status, you are correct and/or YMMV. But 2500 for silver status is actually very attainable without spending little to no money, It has been mentioned several times in the other, more popular threads.

Thanks for the heads up might get some Christmas presents early which is very unlike me!

xmas

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']What about video games? Since you normally get 2X on VG purchase, does that double it again to 4X???[/QUOTE]

the double points for Gamer's Club is separate so you would get two separate double points on the purchase

is this in store only? hopefully it works with GCs

EDIT:
in store only. no GCs. should work any non BestBuy cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='psunami']Guess I will return and re-buy the things I just bought yesterday. Nice to get the double points for that.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to return it - then re-buy on a different recipt. Otherwise it may not work. Just to be safe....

Does anyone know if this is only for a 1 time purchase or can it be used on multiple purchases on the appropriate days. Also can anyone clarify why you only get 3x points using this along with a best buy credit card which normally gives u 2x. Or do you get 4x? Also do you get 2x points on video games with GC unlocked? So Video Game purchase w/ Gamer Club Unlocked and best buy credit card = 4x? I appreciate anyone who can clarify that information for me.

[quote name='stevey22']Does anyone know if this is only for a 1 time purchase or can it be used on multiple purchases on the appropriate days. Also can anyone clarify why you only get 3x points using this along with a best buy credit card which normally gives u 2x. Or do you get 4x? Also do you get 2x points on video games with GC unlocked? So Video Game purchase w/ Gamer Club Unlocked and best buy credit card = 4x? I appreciate anyone who can clarify that information for me.[/QUOTE]

1x regular Rz pt + 1x pt from this promo + 1x gcu pt + 1x BB card pt = 4x is correct.

I suppose I overreacted a little. But it's kind of ridiculous expecting us to spend $2500 a year at Best Buy. I'm not bitter, I just find it to be a rather stupid requirement.

[quote name='nixmahn']If you are refering to little to no benefit for silver status, you are correct and/or YMMV. But 2500 for silver status is actually very attainable without spending little to no money, It has been mentioned several times in the other, more popular threads.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything about that in other threads. How do you get Silver status so easily?

BB employee wasn't sure whether i could use this promotion several times on the appropriate days or if it was a 1 shot deal. This made me wait and see as I don't wana waste it on a less expensive item. If anyone knows for sure let me know :/

[quote name='Strider2K99']Is there a coupon for this or will I just get double points for purchasing on Wednesdays?[/QUOTE]

Getting back to my original question, I went in last Wednesday to upgrade my phone and I didn't get double points for the transaction. Seems to be exclusive to a coupon or something.

[quote name='Strider2K99']Getting back to my original question, I went in last Wednesday to upgrade my phone and I didn't get double points for the transaction. Seems to be exclusive to a coupon or something.[/QUOTE]

Per the OP:

To redeem, you must claim offer and provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

You have to claim the offer on the website before it works.

Anyone know if this combines with the double GCU points?

Would love to pickup Far Cry 3 next week the day after release to get 4x points.

[quote name='jcp42877']Anyone know if this combines with the double GCU points?

Would love to pickup Far Cry 3 next week the day after release to get 4x points.[/QUOTE]

Promotions like this have always stacked, but not combined. So you'll get: base + RZ promo + GCU. You won't get (base+GCU)x2

[quote name='Fukurou']I suppose I overreacted a little. But it's kind of ridiculous expecting us to spend $2500 a year at Best Buy. I'm not bitter, I just find it to be a rather stupid requirement.

I didn't see anything about that in other threads. How do you get Silver status so easily?[/QUOTE]

If you have a BB credit card, you can use that credit card to buy things and it's very easy to reach $2500 requirement (you pay your bills and buy groceries etc.). After $2500 requirement, you can stop use that card and you're Silver for the year, it's really that simple. People tend to take your post negatively because you don't even bother to see how easy it is to rake in the benefits... Silver members get free shipping, that's one cool perk if you ask me.

Let me see if i read this right: You get a one time 2x point purchase on any Wednesday only if you redeem the coupon and hand it in.. AND its only in store.. is that right?

What a friggin worthless reward. Most of my purchases the past week or so were online, and the few that were in store are no longer on sale either.

I considered taking them in and return/rebuying them on a Wednesday, but then i wouldn't get the prices I originally payed... seriously, am I missing something? I read it twice but it seems thats how it works. A single use coupon you print out that can only be done on a single Wednesday, and ONLY in store. Can someone clarify this. It may mean that it works for every Wednesday which is slightly better, but even then its still quite weak.

This offer confused me at first. It said "every Wednesday" or whatever on the Premier Silver account and when I went to claim the offer it seems to just be a one-time offer.

[quote name='Serpentor']If you have a BB credit card, you can use that credit card to buy things and it's very easy to reach $2500 requirement (you pay your bills and buy groceries etc.). After $2500 requirement, you can stop use that card and you're Silver for the year, it's really that simple. People tend to take your post negatively because you don't even bother to see how easy it is to rake in the benefits... Silver members get free shipping, that's one cool perk if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
I have no doubts on the good deals you get for being Silver. You also get 60 days to PM and return things, so it's a great perk. But on the other hand, it's still not easy to reach the requirement.

When I received the offer I claimed it and printed out the page that had the barcode on it. I took it into Best Buy last Wednesday, and the cashier wouldn't scan it. He compared the number on it to my Reward Zone card, said it was the same and he didn't need to scan it.

I only made a small 14.99 purchase. Currently my pending points for that transaction is 14. So I don't know if it worked or not.

I'm going to try again in a couple of days, to see if it even works and if it works multiple Wednesdays. There are items I want anyway so Double Points isn't a make-or-break deal in this case.

[quote name='Fukurou']I have no doubts on the good deals you get for being Silver. You also get 60 days to PM and return things, so it's a great perk. But on the other hand, it's still not easy to reach the requirement.[/QUOTE]

It's not easy to spend $2500 on a credit card within a calendar year? I don't know what your budget/income and whatnot is, but that can easily be done with groceries alone, no?

[quote name='Gigerall']When I received the offer I claimed it and printed out the page that had the barcode on it. I took it into Best Buy last Wednesday, and the cashier wouldn't scan it. He compared the number on it to my Reward Zone card, said it was the same and he didn't need to scan it.

I only made a small 14.99 purchase. Currently my pending points for that transaction is 14. So I don't know if it worked or not.

I'm going to try again in a couple of days, to see if it even works and if it works multiple Wednesdays. There are items I want anyway so Double Points isn't a make-or-break deal in this case.[/QUOTE]

these type of points promos do show once they show as pending on your account so if they aren't showing then you didn't get them

call customer service

[quote name='VTCO']It's not easy to spend $2500 on a credit card within a calendar year? I don't know what your budget/income and whatnot is, but that can easily be done with groceries alone, no?[/QUOTE]
I don't think i can get approved for their credit card.

[quote name='Fukurou']I don't think i can get approved for their credit card.[/QUOTE]

One way is to buy giftcards for the phone company you use, basically paying your phone bill at best buy. Another is to buy the visa giftcards that your can use anywhere.

A lot of CAGs including myself were upgraded to Silver status earlier without spending $2500 a year.

Terrible that this double points offer is a one-time offer, not every Wednesday.

Looking at the wording, I would think that this does work every Wednesday. The offer can only be redeemed/claimed once but the offer itself includes multiple Wednesdays.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Let me see if i read this right: You get a one time 2x point purchase on any Wednesday only if you redeem the coupon and hand it in.. AND its only in store.. is that right?

What a friggin worthless reward. Most of my purchases the past week or so were online, and the few that were in store are no longer on sale either.

I considered taking them in and return/rebuying them on a Wednesday, but then i wouldn't get the prices I originally payed... seriously, am I missing something? I read it twice but it seems thats how it works. A single use coupon you print out that can only be done on a single Wednesday, and ONLY in store. Can someone clarify this. It may mean that it works for every Wednesday which is slightly better, but even then its still quite weak.[/QUOTE]

You are reading it wrong.

It's every Wednesday. Per the offer page: "Wednesdays are more rewarding". That's plural. And later "you get 2X points on all in-store purchases made on Wednesdays, now through 12/26/12". Again, plural. After you claim your reward, all you're really doing is printing off your member #. "Reward Zone member number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase"

"Cashier Instructions: 1) Scan member number barcode below or look up member. 2) Scan qualifying product UPC(s) and all other product(s) being sold. 3) Press total."

You are right though, it's in-store only. Basically, if you are a silver member, you may as well claim this offer ASAP no matter if you decide to shop on Wednesdays or not.

[quote name='Fukurou']I suppose I overreacted a little. But it's kind of ridiculous expecting us to spend $2500 a year at Best Buy. I'm not bitter, I just find it to be a rather stupid requirement.

I didn't see anything about that in other threads. How do you get Silver status so easily?[/QUOTE]$2500 is so very easy since BB themselves allows u to turn all of ur purchases from anyplace that accepts visa into a "bestbuy" purchase. Say u have a cell phone bill which is $100/month thus $1200/yr. Buy a pre-paid visa & pay it ur halfway way to silver status right there. $200/month $2400/yr car insurance puts u within $100 of silver status on just 1 bill. Points earned thru trades count towards silver status as well.
There's a $6 fee but ur earning points on the full $206 purchase already & once ur silver that fee is negated by the RZ points earned.

Also, $2500 isn't really that big of a deal from BB's standpoint(although each persons ability to spend is different based on of ton of factors) since it's geared towards people who would be spending more generally. $50/week is the break down so 2 blu rays, 2 dads a week, larger items mixed in thru the yr, an @gamer sub, cheap games gets u there quite easily. Add in some purchases from friends who don't care & done deal.

Trying to figure this out too. So last week I had to go to two stores to get movies since each store had different inventory. Spent over $100 specifically for the double points but in multiple transactions.

Also, I have a best buy credit card and automatically get double points without doing anything. I checked my pending points and see nothing mentioning the Wednesday off so I assume I'll have to call customer service to get my 2x points.

[quote name='Romeo']Trying to figure this out too. So last week I had to go to two stores to get movies since each store had different inventory. Spent over $100 specifically for the double points but in multiple transactions.

Also, I have a best buy credit card and automatically get double points without doing anything. I checked my pending points and see nothing mentioning the Wednesday off so I assume I'll have to call customer service to get my 2x points.[/QUOTE]

Did you ‘claim’ the offer ahead of time?

I bought a Wii U yesterday, so I am interested to see if I actually get the 2X points, the store reps were pretty confused when I presented them the coupon.

Has anyone had the site change from claim this offer to offer claimed? I've clicked it on different days, but every time I check again, it still says to claim this offer. I have no idea if I would get double points or not, since it seems like it isn't going through.

I bought a laptop last Wednesday and there's no mention of it on the RZ website transaction. Looks like I'll be calling CS when I have the time.

[quote name='prayformojo']I can still claim it from the detailed page, but on the overall offers page, it states that I have claimed it with a green check.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now I see it marked.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Let's say I was buying a 3DS at $169.99.

I would obviously get 169 points.

Now I'm also a Best Buy Credit Card User, so I would get 2 points for every $1 spent, so I'd actually get double that, which is 338.

If I were to buy one Wednesday, I'd get double points as well?

So it'd be 169 (Original) + 169 (Credit Card Bonus + 169 (Wednesday): 507 total

Is that correct? Or am I missing a bonus somewhere? I assuming I wouldn't get the 25% premier silver bonus as the Wednesday one would be overriding it?

bread's done
Back