Wal Mart Canada Black Friday

poxsc

CAGiversary!
img20121119122613.jpg

img20121119122626.jpg

img20121119122635.jpg

Pretty sweet, thanks. The Vita bundle matches the US prices I believe. Makes it pretty tempting, although I hardly touch my PSP now as it is. I may pick up God of War 3, don't remember the last time it was new for that price (EB summer sale I think?).

Just to clarify, these prices are for this Friday, right?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Pretty sweet, thanks. The Vita bundle matches the US prices I believe. Makes it pretty tempting, although I hardly touch my PSP now as it is. I may pick up God of War 3, don't remember the last time it was new for that price (EB summer sale I think?).

Just to clarify, these prices are for this Friday, right?[/QUOTE]

The GoW saga is only 20 bucks more ($39) and you get 5 great games in that pack. The prices mentioned in the flyer for GH titles is pretty much every-day pricing.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Pretty sweet, thanks. The Vita bundle matches the US prices I believe. Makes it pretty tempting, although I hardly touch my PSP now as it is. I may pick up God of War 3, don't remember the last time it was new for that price (EB summer sale I think?).

Just to clarify, these prices are for this Friday, right?[/QUOTE]

Feel the same about the 3DS. It's tempting, but I hardly play my DS or my PSP (which I just bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for). And I have enough non-handheld games I need to play. Will try to hold out.

[quote name='Lukeweizer']Feel the same about the 3DS. It's tempting, but I hardly play my DS or my PSP (which I just bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for). And I have enough non-handheld games I need to play. Will try to hold out.[/QUOTE]

3DS has a lot of great games and many more on the way. That bundle looks like the regular 3DS tho, the XL is much better imo.

I hope I can order Batman GOTY online, because I really don't feel like going into a walmart...

(Anybody knows if this will be valid online?)

I really wish they would have given a deal on MK7. Really want to pick that up but still going to hold out longer since I don't use the system often enough.

[quote name='Andyg88']The GoW saga is only 20 bucks more ($39) and you get 5 great games in that pack. The prices mentioned in the flyer for GH titles is pretty much every-day pricing.[/QUOTE]

Great price, but in my case GoW3 is the only one I don't have. I bought the other combo packs a while ago when they were on sale at BestBuy and EBGames.

[quote name='CoachHines']3DS has a lot of great games and many more on the way. That bundle looks like the regular 3DS tho, the XL is much better imo.[/QUOTE]

It's the 3DS Holiday Bundle, out this Friday
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/3ds-holiday-bundle-includes-red-3ds-pre-loaded-mario-3d-land/

Nintendo isn't making too big a deal out of Black Friday. Its special holiday 3DS bundle, out Nov. 23, is almost exactly identical to the Mario 3DS bundle from last year! It comes with the same Flame Red 3DS, and the same game (the truly worthwhile Super Mario 3D Land).

The only differences are that Mario is now pre-installed rather than bundled as a cartridge, and the MSRP is $170 instead of $200. Those are both good changes. However, it seems incredibly, conspicuously odd to put this 3DS bundle forward as the holiday deal now that the 3DS XL is out – as is a newer Mario game.

[quote name='gaboumafou']I hope I can order Batman GOTY online, because I really don't feel like going into a walmart...

(Anybody knows if this will be valid online?)[/QUOTE]

Why not just price match at Best Buy or Future Shop then?

[quote name='Average Box']Why not just price match at Best Buy or Future Shop then?[/QUOTE]

Is the sale price on the Arkham city goty only for Xbox version or also for ps3?

[quote name='dotCody']These deals suck ass.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Perhaps nothing on there interests you, but LBP Karting for 1/2 price 1 week post launch, first price drop I've seen on the new Spiderman game, first price drops (and $20 drops to boot) on Borderlands 2 and Forza.

Those are pretty good deals IMO.

Nothing really stands out. The 3DS Bundle isn't bad. Borderlands 2 for $40 isn't bad either.

[quote name='HeLLeVeN']Wondering if that Borderlands 2 deal is good for PS3 too?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diskdocx']Really?

Perhaps nothing on there interests you, but LBP Karting for 1/2 price 1 week post launch, first price drop I've seen on the new Spiderman game, first price drops (and $20 drops to boot) on Borderlands 2 and Forza.

Those are pretty good deals IMO.[/QUOTE]

Go check out the real Black Friday deals in the US and get back to me.

[quote name='CoachHines']3DS has a lot of great games and many more on the way. That bundle looks like the regular 3DS tho, the XL is much better imo.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the resolution on the 3DS XL looks a little fuzzy because the games were just made for the smaller screen to begin with. Plus, how little I'd play that thing anyway, I don't really care enough about getting the newer, fancier model.

The resolution is exactly the same as the original 3DS, it's just that the pixels are proportionally larger. In use, everything about the XL is better; the bigger screens look great and are less reflective, it's more comfortable to hold, the build quality seems higher and there are discrete buttons below the touch screen. It's not even that much bigger than the OG 3DS. IT'S A SLAM DUNK. :)

[quote name='Lukeweizer']I've heard the resolution on the 3DS XL looks a little fuzzy because the games were just made for the smaller screen to begin with. Plus, how little I'd play that thing anyway, I don't really care enough about getting the newer, fancier model.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hung_real']Wow these deals SUCK .

That Dead Island 10$ is the only thing on pair with the sale in US ....[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Vita bundle is on par also.

[quote name='dotCody']Go check out the real Black Friday deals in the US and get back to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting back to: Hey, they're SO AWESOME :hot:

Now, either offer to drive me down there for free, or ship me those items gratis, and get back to me. :razz:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm pretty sure the Vita bundle is on par also.

I'm getting back to: Hey, they're SO AWESOME :hot:

Now, either offer to drive me down there for free, or ship me those items gratis, and get back to me. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Also, go on YouTube and search Black Friday. Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen crowds nearly as rowdy and dangerous during Boxing Day sales here. I'll take slightly lower deals over dangerous crowd rampages any day.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Also, go on YouTube and search Black Friday. Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen crowds nearly as rowdy and dangerous during Boxing Day sales here. I'll take slightly lower deals over dangerous crowd rampages any day.[/QUOTE]
Maybe Canadians are just calmer and nicer? I can't recall any time where we broke down the doors and trampled someone to death.

Last year they had a limited edition blue Wii for substantially less than what the system normally sold for at the time. There are some some decent sales this year, but it's still disappointing.

bread's done
Back