- - - - -

Stella Deus - any deals?

#31 franchise01   McDonald's CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

franchise01

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

Tell me about it.

Yeah... it's like each week we eagerly anticipate the new ad.... saying to ourselves, "there has GOT to be something on sale this week... just GOT to be." And then.... yet another letdown. I think the last time they had something of decent value was Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball for 19.99 back in mid-December.

I've been buying from outpost.com lately. BestBuy has made me want to puke. Fry's not only has weekly deals... but weekly deals on multiple games, multiple consoles.... and prices that aren't just good... but great... on BRAND NEW releases. (i.e. 34.99 or 36.99 on a brand new 49.99 game).

Oh... and how bout the fact that they have two ads a week... the wed-thu ad and the fri.-tue. ad. Unbelieveable.

I won't even get into the goofy employees they have in the gaming departments at the BB's here by me (Pittsburgh).

#32 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:17 AM

Yeah... it's like each week we eagerly anticipate the new ad.... saying to ourselves, "there has GOT to be something on sale this week... just GOT to be." And then.... yet another letdown. I think the last time they had something of decent value was Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball for 19.99 back in mid-December.

I've been buying from outpost.com lately. BestBuy has made me want to puke. Fry's not only has weekly deals... but weekly deals on multiple games, multiple consoles.... and prices that aren't just good... but great... on BRAND NEW releases. (i.e. 34.99 or 36.99 on a brand new 49.99 game).

Oh... and how bout the fact that they have two ads a week... the wed-thu ad and the fri.-tue. ad. Unbelieveable.

I won't even get into the goofy employees they have in the gaming departments at the BB's here by me (Pittsburgh).

Yes the deals at Fry's are just out of this world. They are unbelievable and they even will PM no matter what as long as it is a better price then theirs. They are an awesome store with great customer service. The last good deal that I got from BB was back in December when they had Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for 24.99 and then 19.99 after GGC.

#33 tdphillips   Hey Yo CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:48 AM

I went ahead and ordered online at outpost.com. I don't think I can beat $44.99 shipped.

#34 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:28 PM

Target and Toys R Us are carrying this game, so there is deal potential somewhere done the road at those stores.

#35 I3rand0  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:30 PM

I went ahead and ordered online at outpost.com. I don't think I can beat $44.99 shipped.

Has anyone's Stella Deus order from overstock.com been shipped yet? I called about it last Thursday and the woman over the phone told me it would be shipping out Saturday or Monday and I still havent got an email from them.

#36 toogood   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

Has anyone's Stella Deus order from overstock.com been shipped yet? I called about it last Thursday and the woman over the phone told me it would be shipping out Saturday or Monday and I still havent got an email from them.

Mine hasn't ship either. Called them last night and they said it should ship out in a day or two.

#37 Zer0X1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:01 AM

I picked up the last copy at my local Fry's for $39.99, and it's worth every penny.

#38 jayimsu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:23 AM

I also just picked it up today at Fry's for 39.99, also picked up Disgaea also while I was there. Any recommendations which game I should play first?

#39 I3rand0  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:25 AM

Mine hasn't ship either. Called them last night and they said it should ship out in a day or two.

Thanks if I dont hear anything by Wednesday I'll call them up again and see what the deal is.

#40 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20002 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:41 AM

Target and Toys R Us are carrying this game, so there is deal potential somewhere done the road at those stores.

Maybe, but it is possible that most store wont have any copies by the time they are on sale.

#41 I3rand0  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:46 AM

Kind of surprising there is still no reviews from IGN or Gamespot. Gamespot reviews are generally pretty spot on, whereas IGN's are somewhat inaccurate and their scores suffer from too much inflation the majority of times.

#42 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:51 AM

Maybe, but it is possible that most store wont have any copies by the time they are on sale.

Well, Target was stuck with a ton of La Pucelle's that they had to clearence out, so there's definately a possibility.

#43 coolieman2001   VOLATiLE CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

coolieman2001

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:23 AM

I received my copy today frrom Outpost.com. Talk about fast shipping, they shipped it on Sat and it got here today

#44 tdphillips   Hey Yo CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

Well, Target was stuck with a ton of La Pucelle's that they had to clearence out, so there's definately a possibility.

La Pucelle: published by Mastiff.
Stella: published by Atlus.

Generally speaking, you don't see tons of Atlus games sitting on shelves. All the Gamestops in my area got 3 or less copies according to the online game finder. Targets that I have been to have had none. Online, yes, but target.com carries way more games than B&M stores. I say if your Target has some in stock, keep an eye on it. If there's lots of copies and it's not selling, you may see a clearance. The better chance is TRU will have a B2G1 sale, but there's no guarantee of that any time soon.

#45 Starky27   RPG Hoarder CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

Thanks if I dont hear anything by Wednesday I'll call them up again and see what the deal is.

Got my Overstock shipping not. today, so check your account on Overstock...

#46 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

If you remember, this is an Atlus game. Atlus ships their games in limited supply, so if EB or Gamestop does lower the price down the road, to maybe get rid of 1-2 copies, it may not be available. I just paid full price, and it was well worth it.

#47 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

I didn't see any in Target (was looking for Burnout 3) so I got it for free at Gamestop by trading in four Xbox games (featuring such junk as Outlaw Volleyball and True Crime).

Got the last copy they had, and I think that's the last copy in any Gamestop in my area. Also snagged the last copy of King of Fighters 2002 / 2003.

#48 toogood   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

Got my Overstock shipping not. today, so check your account on Overstock...

Mine shipped out as well.

#49 I3rand0  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:35 AM

Mine shipped out as well.

Mine did as well thanks for the update guys.

#50 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

if you check the gamestop.com store availibility, you'll notice that for the stores that ARE out, they say that more are on the way. At least thats the case for every store within 200 miles of 78745. So maybe ask them to reserve one from the next shipment if you are that paranoid.

#51 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20002 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:57 AM

Do Atlus even send out second shippment? I remember with Disaega they need a reprint to have enough copies.

#52 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10957 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:01 AM

Nocturne had a few shipments, the intial shipment was low, then nothing after that.

#53 tdphillips   Hey Yo CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

if you check the gamestop.com store availibility, you'll notice that for the stores that ARE out, they say that more are on the way. At least thats the case for every store within 200 miles of 78745. So maybe ask them to reserve one from the next shipment if you are that paranoid.

Every store within 50 miles of me (and there are quite a few) says No for the More on the Way column. Except for one store, they all have at least one left in stock. There are some stores within 200 miles of me that says they have more on the way, but it is far outnumbered by those with no more on the way.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for me, outpost was a better deal, plus no tax and free shipping. And it has shipped. :-)

#54 Spruce   Wasted Potential CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

I got mine from Outpost yesterday. It's sealed but there's no white Playstation sticker along the top of it. Are they all like this...?

#55 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20002 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

I got mine from Outpost yesterday. It's sealed but there's no white Playstation sticker along the top of it. Are they all like this...?

yes

#56 Spruce   Wasted Potential CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

yes

Thanks for the answer. This is the first time I've noticed a game not having one. Are there many others like this...?

#57 I3rand0  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the answer. This is the first time I've noticed a game not having one. Are there many others like this...?

No idea but my copy arrived today too without a white sticker on the top as well. So I can be assured that this game is factory sealed correct?

#58 putney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

I got mine on the release date at a B&M Gamestop and it also didn't have the white sticker...but it was factory sealed (the folded edges kind, not shrink wrap), so I think it's just how it was release.

#59 coolieman2001   VOLATiLE CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

coolieman2001

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

Did anybody notice that Stella Deus is on Back Order at Ebgames.com. I can see this game slipping into the night very fast.

#60 suko_32   (soo-koh-32) - noun CAGiversary!   6475 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:37 AM

I saw this game at Gamestop two days ago....hopefully there will be a sale or something, maybe within 3 or 4 months on this. Also, at the time of this posts, it's in stock at gamestop.

It's also funny, I have SMT LE and got it on release day, but haven't opened it yet...just never got around to play it and also I forget about this game sometimes.