DeepDiscount Anime BF/Cyber Week Sale (up to 63% off select S23/Sentai titles,...)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Cyber Week sale (November 26 - December 2) @ DeepDiscount.com

======

Note: copy & paste URL if link doesn't work for you!

Black Friday sale (November 20-25) @ DeepDiscount.com
| http://www.deepdiscount.com/Black-Friday-2012

Numerous Section23 Films/Sentai Filmworks titles are up toward 63% off (http://www.deepdiscount.com/section-23-super-deal). Select FUNimation titles are up toward 50% off.

Possible Sale Products (60% off or more)
Possible Sale Products (60% off or more)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chicagocubsfan']None of your links are working bro.[/QUOTE]
I can't get the link to stick. The forum is automatically changing the URL. You would have to copy & paste the URL (unless someone else figure an alternate solution).

Picked up:

Both Clannad collections on Blu
Guin Saga on Blu
Xam'd on Blu
Heaven's Memo Pad on Blu

I suppose they could all go cheaper at some point, but those were good prices.

Persona 4 Col. 1 Blu for 22.61?
Angel Beats Blu for 26?
Infinite Stratos for 26?

Seems to good to be true. Even better than rightstuf. How reliable is this site for anyone? I've heard of the site but never ordered.

I've got the pages up for Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Blu-ray) and Kobato: Complete Collection (DVD), but I'm going to hold off on buying either one until Rightstuf reveals their last wave of Black Friday sale items tomorrow.

[quote name='Vigilante']I've got the pages up for Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Blu-ray) and Kobato: Complete Collection (DVD), but I'm going to hold off on buying either one until Rightstuf reveals their last wave of Black Friday sale items tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Yar. I too shall wait for Rightstuf's T3 before purchase. Great prices here nonetheless.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']How is DeepDiscount?[/QUOTE]

People usually complain about DeepDiscount's customer service and long shipping times, but I've used them in the past and had no problems

On a side-note, I ordered "The World Only God Knows" Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray) for $26 each this morning, and I just got a shipping confirmation for both items a few minutes ago. DeepDiscount seems to be really on the ball since I last ordered from them :cool:

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']How is DeepDiscount?[/QUOTE]

A few people get lucky and say they never had problems with DD.

Everyone else knows DD is horrible.

I remember a time when most of us would look forward to the two deep discount sales a year. I haven't bought anything from them in two years since that store went to crap. If you are on the fence about placing an order, I suggest picking up the phone and calling them and seeing how long you are put on hold. That will give you a clue about their customer service. It's like trying to get ahold of the IRS.

[quote name='JoePianist']

On a side-note, I ordered "The World Only God Knows" Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray) for $26 each this morning, and I just got a shipping confirmation for both items a few minutes ago. DeepDiscount seems to be really on the ball since I last ordered from them :cool:[/QUOTE]

May i say that you made a wonderful decision ordering The world god only knows its one of my all time favorite animes.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']May i say that you made a wonderful decision ordering The world god only knows its one of my all time favorite animes.[/QUOTE]

That makes me feel better for spending ~$53 on pure impulse, haha :) I haven't seen the series yet, and I usually don't blind-buy, but the premise of this series has always intrigued me. Plus, The Fandom Post's favorable reviews of both Blu-Ray sets helped in my hasty decision-making.

Man I want to get Persona 4 The Animation on Bluray at DD since it is $23 but I fear that something will happen due to DD and what you guys have said about DD.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Shit prices unless you must have those blus NOW.[/QUOTE]

Sentai stuff (especially their full series) doesn't dip below $30 often, especially new from a 1st party retailer.

[quote name='WTK']Note: copy & paste URL if link doesn't work for you!

Black Friday sale (November 20-25) @ DeepDiscount.com
| http://www.deepdiscount.com/Black-Friday-2012

Numerous Section23 Films/Sentai Filmworks titles are up toward 63% off (http://www.deepdiscount.com/section-23-super-deal). Select FUNimation titles are up toward 50% off.

EDIT: The Astonishing Work of Tezuka Osamu (http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/Astonishing-Work-Of-Tezuka-Osamu) is $11.99.[/QUOTE]
Code:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/Black-Friday-2012

http://www.deepdiscount.com/section-23-super-deal

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/Astonishing-Work-Of-Tezuka-Osamu

Yeah, Cheapy's Deepdiscount referral must not work atm

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Man I want to get Persona 4 The Animation on Bluray at DD since it is $23 but I fear that something will happen due to DD and what you guys have said about DD.[/QUOTE]

Tip: if you want better odds for DeepDiscount to fulfill your order, look at the status below the price on the item page. If it says "In Stock," there's a good chance you'll receive your item in a timely manner. If it says "Usually Ships 5-10 Days," then it's more of a gamble if and when they'll fulfill your order.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']May i say that you made a wonderful decision ordering The world god only knows its one of my all time favorite animes.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Loved the series, had to read the manga. And its still going strong. Here's to Season 3 and 4!

Man... And I just bought Clannad After Story (BD) a few weeks ago from Amazon figuring the price would never drop! :(

Some of this stuff is right on the borderline of a great deal, but it also makes me want to keep my hopes up for an even better sale from Rightstuf.

Decisions, decisions...

Picked up the world god only knows season 1 and 2, will wait for right stuf T-3 tomorrow to see what else I pick up. Thanks OP!

I'm really glad I did not make some purchases during that 25% off sale they had just a week ago. Many of these prices are much lower.

Like many here, I'm going to wait to see what RightStuf pulls out of their sleeve for T1 before I buy anything here. Very exciting!

Ordered both Clannads and High School of the Dead earlier around 12:30, and both say already shipped. Well, that was quick. Very surprised considering some things I heard of deepdiscount.

[quote name='3GSid']Ordered both Clannads and High School of the Dead earlier around 12:30, and both say already shipped. Well, that was quick. Very surprised considering some things I heard of deepdiscount.[/QUOTE]

As long as you order when it still says "In Stock", you won't be a part of those horror stories. Otherwise...

[quote name='3GSid']Ordered both Clannads and High School of the Dead earlier around 12:30, and both say already shipped. Well, that was quick. Very surprised considering some things I heard of deepdiscount.[/QUOTE]

DeepDiscount used to get hundreds of my dollars every year with their bi-annual sales. Even though I may not shop there as much as I used to anymore, the one time I've ordered from them in the past five years or so, I really had no problem with them. Out of the dozens of orders I placed with them before that, I never saw why people were so unsatisfied with their service. Once I got my item in two days after placing my order, and considering the fact that I live out here in Hawaii where everything seemingly takes forever to reach, that was very surprising.

Did you get your High School of the Dead on DVD or Blu-ray? I ordered one around 11:30 and my is backordered. I got mine on blu-ray. Everything else shipped though. I got Guin Saga, Samurai Girls, and Needless on blu-ray.

[quote name='gundamb0i']Right stuff is having the same sale starting next year. It's in There Daily News.[/QUOTE]

Got a link? I'm not seeing it anywhere in their news feed.

[quote name='DRevan']Is this shop reliable?[/QUOTE]

It used to be, but it has apparently fallen off in recent years.

[quote name='DRevan']So not recommended to purchase from them?[/QUOTE]
I personally don't have issues with them, but as you can see the opinions are not too high (as seen in this thread).

But ask yourself these questions:
- Do you need it right away (watching it, gift,...)?
- For non-discontinued OOS products, do you mind waiting for product(s) to get restocked (even if it takes weeks to more than a month)?
- Do you mind longer S/H turnaround time (can be over a week)?
- Do you mind iffy to crappy customer service?
- Do you mind average to below average packing on its shipments?

Not a first choice for anything, but DD has been OK by me in the past. May order up something from this sale now that TRSI has been dropping the ball...so far.

Some of these I am kind of on the fence about, mainly because of Sentai's horrible packaging for sets with 4+ discs.

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks like I'm forced to bite now, lol.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Only bought High School of the Dead though because the coupon can only be used once per account.

[quote name='DNukem170']Some of these I am kind of on the fence about, mainly because of Sentai's horrible packaging for sets with 4+ discs.[/QUOTE]

I've actually kind of grown used to them since they're much safer during shipping at least since there's a thick piece of styrofoam inside. Even though it's the crappy spindle, at least I know the discs and the case will arrive safely since they're rather sturdy too in comparison to some of the econo cases Sentai uses on their two part setters. But I know what you mean.

Darn, I ordered Clannad After Story Blu Ray+Infinite Stratos BLu Ray without that promo...oh well, I order again and write them a mail to cancel the order without the promo code.

[quote name='DRevan']Darn, I ordered Clannad After Story Blu Ray+Infinite Stratos BLu Ray without that promo...oh well, I order again and write them a mail to cancel the order without the promo code.[/QUOTE]

DeepDiscount customer service is awful with that, so good luck. You may even enjoy a double charge. Happy Thanksgiving!

They used to even have a cancel order button when you made an order, but it didn't work, so they just ended up completing the order anyways even though you clicked the cancel button.

Oh DeepDiscount, good times.

I wrote them several mail to refund me the money. If I dont get the money back by tommorow, then I will report this as theft at my bank.

[quote name='DRevan']I wrote them several mail to refund me the money. If I dont get the money back by tommorow, then I will report this as theft at my bank.[/QUOTE]

It's just a hold in all likelihood. This is done pretty much by every retailer when they get an order submission. It's different than an actual charge.

bread's done
Back