Blizzard Store BF sale Starcraft II $20 Diablo 3 $40

If you buy the retail version of Starcraft 2, do you have to register it at Battle.net to play it? Or can you install from disk and play without having to play it through battle.net?

[quote name='The End']If you buy the retail version of Starcraft 2, do you have to register it at Battle.net to play it? Or can you install from disk and play without having to play it through battle.net?[/QUOTE]

You have to get a Battle.net account. All of Blizzard games coming out now you'll have to be online to play, even if you only play the single player mode.

Also in for 2 Starcraft 2! My Christmas shopping is almost done, thanks OP!

Aww man. Is there a shipping cost? I don't have my authenticator on me to check (at checkout).

I wish I knew someone who wanted SC2, but I'm the only one I know that doesn't own it, lol.

[quote name='The End']If you buy the retail version of Starcraft 2, do you have to register it at Battle.net to play it? Or can you install from disk and play without having to play it through battle.net?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you get a CD-key, which ties it to your account. You ALWAYS need to log in with said account, just to play it. You can, however, play 'offline' after logging into your account at least once at some point, if you like.

Shipping is either something like $8.50 for Ground and $10.50 for Next day. I figured $2 isn't going to break me and just chose that option.

Blizzard is soon going to add an "appear offline" mode to their Battletags so you can be invisible to people on your friend's list. It doesn't help not having to be online, but at least if you want to play another Blizzard title but don't want anyone to see you online, then that will help somewhat.

Normally I only buy retail, but seeing as the retail copy doesn't even work without an internet connection I might just go for the DD copy this time.

Kind of peculiar that Best Buy has Diablo III for cheaper on BF. And I don't think it's something that's going to sell out.

I've been meaning to get this game, but I hear so many arguments against getting it even at $30. The haters say not to get it at all while others say to wait until it reaches $20. Blizzard seems to maintain higher prices though. It'll probably be $20 by next Spring sometime, but who knows.

I was considering getting Diablo 3, but the digital version isn't showing the sale price for me. Oh well, it will probably be cheaper somewhere else, anyway. I am going to get SC2, though. I've never really played SC, but I tried the demo client and liked it.

The only experience I have with strategy games is Halo Wars...don't hurt me. Would that help in playing StarCraft? I do like Diablo

[quote name='cheapchirp']The only experience I have with strategy games is Halo Wars...don't hurt me. Would that help in playing StarCraft? I do like Diablo[/QUOTE]

In terms of having an idea with regards to the gameplay, yeah. I didn't play Halo Wars that far in, but I'm pretty sure SC2 has far more units types and is on a much larger scale with regards to unit cap. Even so I think you should be okay as you wont be limited to a controller with regards to interacting with units. Keyboard and mouse is much better suited for RTS than controller.

Hm, I might finally bite on SC2 at 20. Even though I already played through the campaign at a friend's house, I can only enjoy the free version so much with regards to multiplayer. That and being limited to Terrans.

bread's done
Back