better headset/mic alternative?

impostor71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
Hey CAGs,

I need some help with finding an alternative headset/mic for me. So far, the cheap OEM black headset/mic isn't working for me. The mic keeps cutting out during games. I'd be talking but my party can't hear me. I've bought a new mic and a new wireless controller (thinking it might be my old controller). But no luck. Still cuts in and out.

What do you guys use? What's a good headset/mic?

Thanks a bunch !
Tom

I got some Tritton AX120s off eBay for around £18. MUCH better improvement, and friends say I sound much clearer too.

My budget is $50 or less. I'm not looking for a full-blown over-the-ears headset. I want to continue to use my HT speakers for audio. I'm just looking for something better than that flimsy black 1-ear + mic thing that comes with the Xbox.

I've tried the microsoft wireless earpiece years ago when it first came out. It wasn't very good bc it kept losing connection. Which BT ones are your friends using, Dr Zoidberg?

Both were Microsoft, one is the black one thats about 3-4 yrs old and the other, he has the Halo 3 version. I have played days of gameplay with both and never have had any problems. They said only downfall was their ear was sore after 3-4 hr gaming session. I used the Turtle Beach XC1 for about a month and sold it. It was a great headset but I like my tv/surround sound pretty loud and the XC1 mic picked up everything so I just went back to the $10 headsets off Amazon/eBay.

bread's done
Back