Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

Well, I am going to go check this out and see if the Skylanders Bundles ring up at 34.99 or whatever they are supposed to end up on sale for.

Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!![/QUOTE]

Did you check the other games

[quote name='Double-J']Waiting for a few more confirmations before I blow off Thanksgiving dinner...

#fatkidproblems[/QUOTE]

This I'm looking for the WWE 13 Confirmation on this. My Walmart is ghetto though oh well

#whiteboyintheghettoproblems

[quote name='MPNY']This I'm looking for the WWE 13 Confirmation on this. My Walmart is ghetto though oh well

#whiteboyintheghettoproblems[/QUOTE]

And you're in NYC, so no opportunity to defend yourself via concealed carry.

#NYSproblems :cry:

[quote name='grrouchie']Well, I am going to go check this out and see if the Skylanders Bundles ring up at 34.99 or whatever they are supposed to end up on sale for.

Thanks for the heads up[/QUOTE]

Yes. I bought one earlier today

For those who have had success, did you go to the video game section or were they in the "black friday" areas? They usually seem to deplete the supply of games at my Walmart and move them into the sealed pallets for Black Friday/Brown Thursday, so just wondering...thanks!

[quote name='Getrealistic']Yes it is live - posted many times under the sticky black friday thread.[/QUOTE]

Apologies, I didn't see that. So it's definitely NOT YMMV, but confirmed that deals are live?

[quote name='wtsutton']We have only been talking about this in another thread for 14 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yelled at by the forum/thread checker police!!! Oh NO if something is posted twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Double-J']Apologies, I didn't see that. So it's definitely NOT YMMV, but confirmed that deals are live?[/QUOTE]

Live? Yes...but many Walmart have since caught on and started pulling the ggames on sale from the cases.

[quote name='wtsutton']Live? Yes...but many Walmart have since caught on and started pulling the ggames on sale from the cases.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a trip right now. Going to give it a shot, I'm 5 mins away! Thanks!

Wife had me go to pickuo some stuff for dinner. I snagged Brave blueray, the 700 count sheets and a monster high (for niece). All rang up at black friday prices.

[quote name='FiendCameron']When I read this, I imagined you having the voice of the ShamWow guy.[/QUOTE]

Lol.......you better believe I was jumping up and down & screaming on the inside when I saw that $25 price tag.
And no, I didn't ask the lady to scan any other games, b/c I didn't want her to get suscipicous.....but take a chance, as others have noted: if you see the games locked up behind the "glass wall of games" like usual....that's a good sign.
Otherwise the staff have already pulled them for 8p.

Good luck !!

Now I don't have to head out until LATE tonight to hit up the MS STORE in Scottsdale !!

[quote name='Double-J']Apologies, I didn't see that. So it's definitely NOT YMMV, but confirmed that deals are live?[/QUOTE]

Yea....cuz one cap letter in a post with no exclamation points is clearly telling. *eye roll*

[quote name='wtsutton']Yea....cuz one cap letter in a post with no exclamation points is clearly telling. *eye roll*[/QUOTE]

Or, I could have clearly been referring to the post quoted which mentioned the other thread that has been going on for some time.

You go, cool guy...:roll:

I called mine. They told me it has changed, that it was a mistake at the office, or something.

We all know how those phone calls go though. Always go in. So, I will go in after I see a few more people confirm this.

[quote name='Double-J']Or, I could have clearly been referring to the post quoted which mentioned the other thread that has been going on for some time.

You go, cool guy...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to quote you in that post. Was meant for the guy who quoted me. My bad. :)

[quote name='DANIEL']doesnt walmart open until 8pm? it is open right now in the morning /afternoon?[/QUOTE]

Many Walmart are open 24/7 with the sole exception being Christmas day.

[quote name='apokalypse']anyone know if these deals will be available online as well? (Despite ad saying "in-store only")[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. last year everything that said "in store only" wasnt available online.

Also about XCOM, I just noticed on the bottom part of the case there's a sticker that says, "includes the ELITE SOLDIER PACK DLC" !!! Woo-Hoo !! Not sure if they all come that way at other stores, but I'll gladly take the extra goodies !! A 400MSP value in my pocket for something else !!! Lol

Good luck to anyone going to the store. I hope you survive to post your stories of almost dying while BF shopping. :rofl:

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']I called mine. They told me it has changed, that it was a mistake at the office, or something.

We all know how those phone calls go though. Always go in. So, I will go in after I see a few more people confirm this.[/QUOTE]

You're a retard.

As I posted in the sticky topic, I also managed to get what I wanted for the BF price earlier today. Skylanders Giants Starter for $38.96. They also had a number of other games available in the glass case, but I had already got them site to store this morning when it was also working on a few other things. I think some people mentioned that some stores have cleaned out the cases for tonight, but I'm sure many of them simply left them there and hoped that noone would touch them. Too bad for them, CAG exists and their evil plan was foiled. O:)

bread's done
Back