Your Black Friday Shopping Experience.

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I've seen some chaotic Black Friday news today like fights and etc and I thought it would "be nice" LOL to share our Black Friday experiences. See any fights(get into one!), see hoarding, score some awesome deals & etc, post it! \\:D/:wall::boxing::argue::whee::puke::nottalking::bomb::D

I made it to Wal-Mart/Best Buy but couldn't find a parking space, said F-it and did a little of my shopping online!

Went to a Target at around 7pm, offered to line sit for $1 per minute, no takers.
Went back at 8:50pm (it's literally walking distance from my house) and grabbed a couple of games. No panic, no major excitement.

Went to gamestop and spent 20 minutes in line to pay for stuff. Turns out I was pretty much one of the last people in line because it was dead by the time I was done. Went to Target that in the same plaza and there was no line. Grabbed a couple board games and went to TRU to get a couple more. No line either and I spent more time catching up with a guy I ran into than actual shopping the entire night. Good times!

That's nice that you guys didn't have a hassle :) MSstore here, namely Forza Horizon.

I saw one story on TV with people fighting in the crowd before the doors opened and one guy making the threat to pull a knife and stab if anyone pushed/touched him or his family! No wonder workers are striking at Wally World, my dad was a department manager for about 7 years and I wouldn't want him in that BS!

Bought Borderlands 2 PC for $35 from Amazon, that's been it so far. Just didn't want much this year.

Just online for me as well. A couple Blurays, a new Sony 3D bluray player, God of War collection for myself all from Amazon (and paid for with Amazon credit I had from a gift card and my Amazon Visa rewards) and an Energy Take 5 speaker system from Newegg for my parents for Xmas (bought the same set for myself in the spring).

Bought NFS: MW Vita for $20 earlier today.

Just bought New Super Mario Bros. U from someone on Craigslist for $45 (he got it from Old Navy)

Yesterday I bought Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, and Kinect Sports through the Microsoft Store. Then this afternoon, I went to GameStop and picked up Dishonored because I had credit, and the site wasn't working for me.

It was kind of a boring Black Friday/Brown Thursday/White Wednesday, whatever. Everything was available in plenty on the internet.

My best experience was at Walmart. They were extremely organized and the lines moved quickly. The rabble of customers was another thing though.

My worst experience was Shopko. 1 1/2 hours to check out, rude employees. I won't be patronizing them anytime soon.

GameStop at 12:30 only had a few folks. Just mostly browsing while my wife was at Old Navy.

My wife's Old Navy experience wasn't so hot. Long line and she was about 50th arriving a hour before. They did bring out some Popchips about 1/2 hour before opening which was nice. Long lines inside and slow checkout. After 45 minutes one the associates started pulling people from the back of the line to the front if they were using Old Navy credit cards. One lady even had one but didn't want use one and they told her she would have to use it to go to the front of the line. The rationale "money from the old navy card goes directly to Old Navy". Um ok I guess cash goes to some magical place. I think he actually thought Old Navy managed it's own credit cards. (For the record it is GE capital one of the more ergrigous lenders)

Lots of money at amazon and than Microsoft store really brought it last night.

Went to Target at 8:50PM and waited an hour and forty minutes to buy 4 MS Points cards for $40.
Went back to Target at 7AM the next morning and got 10 cards for $100. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Did a bunch of online shopping too. Think I might have gotten a hang nail.

[quote name='retail sucks']Thanks for the help but we're discussing positive & negative experiences not just horror stories.................... :applause:[/QUOTE]

Because we really need two separate threads at this point?

It was pretty civil. Waited in line at BB for a few hours, bunch of cops there, grabbed some games, a new portable HDD, and a cheap laptop, left. Not as much excitement or rushing as the past years.

Went to Target about 8:30 with my family but the line was ridiculously long (past 3 other stores in the plaza) so after 20 minutes sitting in the car we went to Walmart instead since my mom wanted an iPad. They waited in the iPad line (which was very organized) while I walked around and PMd 3 1600 point cards using the Target ad and checked out the movies/games but nothing special since I got everything else I wanted online. Went back to the family and we waited till 10 when they started handing them out, process went very smoothly. Ended up catching a register with only 1 person buying a TV in front of us so we were checked out of the store by 10:15. Bought a few other games on Amazon yesterday and thats been about it. Very tame Black Friday this year.

I got Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Sly Collection, the Robots/Horton/space chimps combo pack, Arthur Christmas, Princess bride 25th anniversary edition, Percy Jackson, and Hunger Games (all on blu-ray)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Because we really need two separate threads at this point?[/QUOTE]

If your worried about there being two threads with the same type topic then tell the mod to combine the comments from here to it, but it's going to not make sense when the "Horror Story" topic has positive comments in it.

Anyway, glad to hear CAGs had a good experience more than "horror" stories ;)

I got everything I wanted. Outside of almost putting my foot up someones ass at walmart, everything went smooth.

No real problems. The only thing I wanted that needed to be bought b&m was 1600 point cards from target.
I went to my closest on at 9am and they would only sell the cards that looked like the ones in the ad. I got 4 there, on my way home later in the day I stopped by one and they had all the cards ring up to $10 no matter which card it was.

Both didn't seen that busy when I was in them.

Ordered some games from the MS store and X-COM for $25 from amazon. The amazon lightning deals I didn't bother with this year. They're not worth the effort any more IMHO.

I drove to the mall at 12:00am with my brother and his girlfriend. We wandered around for a bit, checked out a new sporting good store that had opened, and went home.

Nothing was purchased.

I bought one XBL Gold 3 month card for 10$ on bestbuy.com on Wednesday. I got some vinyl on cyber Monday: Underoaths "The Changing of Times" from hot topic for 15$ (saved 8$ with free shipping) and AFIs "The Art of Drowning" for 12$ at Amazon free shipping :3 I also want some zap apple jam

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back