Best Buy Reward Zone Premier Silver Free Certificate in Email (YMMV?)

jr233270

CAGiversary!
Feedback
139 (100%)
If you are a Best Buy Rewrd Zone Member then check your email. Best Buy is doing the reward zone mystery coupon thing again where you will get a coupon valued from $5 to $5000.

The email says, "Thank you for being a loyal Premier Silver member. Enjoy this Mystery Rewards certificate just in time for holiday shopping – worth at least $5 or as much as $5000.¹

Click "Print My Reward" below and bring your Mystery Rewards certificate to a Best Buy store on 11/24/12 or 11/25/12 to reveal and redeem the value. Offer valid for one-time use only."

Hope someone on CAG gets the $5000 one!

Just got this. Trying to do the thing where opening the image in a new tab shows you how much you got, but it isn't working for me.

I can confirm receiving one of these right now. I had received one before November as well for being loyal. Cant complain will be using this for a blu ray movie since everyone usually gets $5

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Got mine as well! If your left barcode ends in 270448 yours is $5[/QUOTE]

Mine ends is 270448. $5! :D

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Got mine as well! If your left barcode ends in 270448 yours is $5[/QUOTE]

yup, 5 just like last time. guess its going unused, $5 isnt worth stepping into the stores today or tomorrow.

[quote name='hellmutt']I NEVER get these. I don't understand why.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's because I'm banking points and have 6000 of them already...

THERE IS NO 27044 bar code... it is 270448! (There is a small 8 next to your barcode you forgot)

ALSO IT IS FOR PREMIER SILVER MEMBERS ONLY. If you are just a "normal" reward zone member... you will NOT get this.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']There is a small 8 next to it you forgot... still $5.[/QUOTE]

My bad I'm blind!

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']THERE IS NO 27044 bar code... it is 270448! (There is a small 8 next to your barcode you forgot)[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I thought I was going to get something higher than $5.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']THERE IS NO 27044 bar code... it is 270448! (There is a small 8 next to your barcode you forgot)

ALSO IT IS FOR PREMIER SILVER MEMBERS ONLY. If you are just a "normal" reward zone member... you will NOT get this.
[/QUOTE]

Or like me, if you've been a silver member for ~5 years they don't give a shit about trying to get you to spend cash there anymore so they don't send you free certs.

Does anyone else have 2 of them in the same email with 2 different bar codes? They are side by side and marked as "1" and "2".

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']ALSO IT IS FOR PREMIER SILVER MEMBERS ONLY. If you are just a "normal" reward zone member... you will NOT get this.
[/QUOTE]

Really? I wouldn't have guessed that even after reading the thread title. :roll:

[quote name='synnarc']Does anyone else have 2 of them in the same email with 2 different bar codes? They are side by side and marked as "1" and "2".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just gonna ask about the right barcode. What's it for?

[quote name='synnarc']Does anyone else have 2 of them in the same email with 2 different bar codes? They are side by side and marked as "1" and "2".[/QUOTE]

Same here. Does anyone know what it means?

The left bar code is the one that tells you (and the register) how much it's worth... the right barcode is unique to you (that way you can't use it over and over)

one is the amount, the second is a verification barcode. that way you can't figure out the first one and try to claim $5000 for a $5 one...

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']The left bar code is the one that tells you (and the register) how much it's worth... the right barcode is unique to you (that way you can't use it over and over)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting this--I got another $5 one, which is better than nothing.

Of course, now I have to think of something on which to use it for Sunday. :whistle2:k

Holllld on a sec, you don't have to use the cert this weekend, do you? Can't you just store whatever cert you get on your rewards zone account?

[quote name='aircobra']Really? I wouldn't have guessed that even after reading the thread title. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No need to be a douchebag about it

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Holllld on a sec, you don't have to use the cert this weekend, do you? Can't you just store whatever cert you get on your rewards zone account?[/QUOTE]The email says the coupon is only valid 11/24-11/25.

I got $5. They had a metric shit ton of copies of Dead Island at my BBY, maybe I'll go back and get one tomorrow if they still have one. I have a store pick up order I forgot to pick up I need to grab anyway.

guess ill combine this with my other 5 dollar one i got recently for shopping at BB and get a 10 dollar item as my funds are dead for the rest of the year lol.

thanks november.

D'oh... Then $5 for me too. If I happen to be out near a Best Buy this weekend I'll stop in and get an iTunes card or something I guess. But yeah, otherwise, spending $5-$10 in gas to drive to Best Buy is not worth the cert itself ;).

I can see why we all have $5 certs though. Look at the odds in the fine print. There are 2,295,890 $5 certs with odds of "approx 1:1" :lol:. Yeah, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get $5 and only $5. The next one up is $20 - there are only 2,500 of those. That's a steep dropoff. The rest: 1000 $50, 500 $100, and 100 $500.

If these werent account specific, I would give my $5 away to one of you. Its not worth driving 40 miles round trip to my nearest Best Buy. The certificate would be used up in gas.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Or like me, if you've been a silver member for ~5 years they don't give a shit about trying to get you to spend cash there anymore so they don't send you free certs.[/QUOTE]

Amen brotha

bread's done
Back