sonystyle.com All PS Vita memory cards 20% off with free shipping

[quote name='PublikDefender']All PS Vita memory cards are 20% off at sonystyle.com with free shipping. Click Holiday Deals in the top right and then Playstation.

(I'm on my phone outside a friend's house. I'll add the proper link in a few minutes).[/QUOTE]
32 is only a little less than a dollar cheaper than amazon.

[quote name='Woocls']32 is only a little less than a dollar cheaper than amazon.[/QUOTE]
It was also $75 at Newegg a week ago or so too.

[quote name='Fire2box']70+ dollars for a 32 GB card, are they insane?[/QUOTE]
yeah, i just bought the amazon vita bundle an hour ago and went searching for cards. this pisses me off.

[quote name='pwnthee']Come on China, figure out how to sell these for $4 a pop already.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to make knock offs already, I don't care who it is. Sonys never going to bring the msrp down to reasonable levels because they make too much money this way.

I really wish someone had put them on sale for Black Friday. Really annoys me how much they are... Amazon seems to always have them discounted, but I wish there was a more... Substantial one?

I can't believe there aren't really any deals for Vita stuff besides the Vita bundles! Does Sony not care if the Vita owners aren't buying anything on Black Friday? I want a couple of games and a memory card but I refuse to pay these prices when games on other platforms are selling for 50%-75% off...

And what is the deal? Why hasn't China made a cheap knock off? I thought for sure we would see a Micro SDHC adapter by now. There must not be enough of a market for them to fool with it.

am sure if it was posable the internet people would already mention it long time ago an their be many cheap version made from third party sellers am sure sony keep Royalties fee high on this too keep the monopoly on sells

[quote name='Jav0r']You can't use a normal 32GB memory card for a camera?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It uses a proprietary format. Also everytime you change out a card, you have to basically reboot the system and settings. It's so dumb!

Sony really should have done everything it could to make the Vita attractive to buyers. There is a LOT of competition in the mobile market now. IMHO a proprietary format memory card that sells well above (in price) compared to every other memory card format is a BIG knock against it. It isn't like they have a huge library of must have games. They have a handful of good games.

Finally adding the Vita to plus (not sure why this wasn't the case at launch) is a step in the right direction but with memory cards so expensive not sure how useful it is. Not to mention downloading those games to my Vita has been an exercise in patients! The Vita keeps going to sleep and pausing the download.

At least with the latest update the Near can actually tell where I am. With the old software it figured out where I was the first time and there is where it left me until this last update.

I'm getting annoyed talking about it and am going to stop now.

BTW lowest price for 32 GIG on Amazon has been $72. It was for a couple of days.

[quote name='Jav0r']You can't use a normal 32GB memory card for a camera?[/QUOTE]

PSP and 3DS can, but not Vita.

[quote name='ColdBrew']And what is the deal? Why hasn't China made a cheap knock off? I thought for sure we would see a Micro SDHC adapter by now. There must not be enough of a market for them to fool with it.[/QUOTE]

The vita memory cards are just slightly modified microSD cards, so it would be impossible to make an adapter due to size constraints. They could however make a modified MicroSD that was compatible, probably.

[quote name='pwnthee']Come on China, figure out how to sell these for $4 a pop already.[/QUOTE]

lol seriously!

[quote name='ColdBrew']Sony really should have done everything it could to make the Vita attractive to buyers. There is a LOT of competition in the mobile market now. IMHO a proprietary format memory card that sells well above (in price) compared to every other memory card format is a BIG knock against it. It isn't like they have a huge library of must have games. They have a handful of good games.

Finally adding the Vita to plus (not sure why this wasn't the case at launch) is a step in the right direction but with memory cards so expensive not sure how useful it is. Not to mention downloading those games to my Vita has been an exercise in patients! The Vita keeps going to sleep and pausing the download.

At least with the latest update the Near can actually tell where I am. With the old software it figured out where I was the first time and there is where it left me until this last update.

I'm getting annoyed talking about it and am going to stop now.

BTW lowest price for 32 GIG on Amazon has been $72. It was for a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

You pretty much nailed it. The memory card prices is exactly what made me buy a 3DS instead. Which sucks cause I was really wanting a AC Vita.

Yeah, these memory card prices are just plain ridiculous. That AC bundle deal is Awesome, and it's completely ruined by including that 4GB card. I personally own a 8GB card and it is almost useless after a few downloads. I was really looking forward to a 32GB deal during the holidays, but it's not looking good at the moment. Oh well, the Vita is still very cool, but these memory cards bring it way down on my personal media device list. Shame on you SONY! :(

[quote name='Vap']You pretty much nailed it. The memory card prices is exactly what made me buy a 3DS instead. Which sucks cause I was really wanting a AC Vita.[/QUOTE]

Is the battery life roughly the same between the two? I'm pretty bummed out that the Vita doesn't have an extendable battery the way the 3ds does; I'm kind of starting to feel like the AC Vita was an impulse buy that I'll end up selling.

Got my 8 gig card for $20 new/shipped on eBay. Mine didn't come with 1 and I didn't feel like dealing with the 4gb which were going for $10, on eBay, when I bought mine.

prices are ridiculous for these cards... sony could of easily used microSD but i guess they wanted to be like apple with the storage

[quote name='sky03']prices are ridiculous for these cards... sony could of easily used microSD but i guess they wanted to be like apple with the storage[/QUOTE]

Too bad that, unlike anything Apple releases, Sony's products simply don't sell in record numbers. So they're probably not raking in as much money as they had hoped for.

I was hoping that Sandisk or some other company would release generics, but it looks like Sony's preventing that from happening somehow. Not only are the prices high, but you're stuck with the crappy performance they provide (I think I read somewhere that write speeds are only like 2mb/s?).

I'm curious to see what I can do with the included 4gb; I also went ahead and grabbed a 2nd 4gb on an Amazon lightning deal for half off, because what the hell.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm curious to see what I can do with the included 4gb; I also went ahead and grabbed a 2nd 4gb on an Amazon lightning deal for half off, because what the hell.[/QUOTE]

I bought this too and cancelled it. Its kind of a bitch to swap apparently. I'd save up for a 16 or 32.

[quote name='sky03']prices are ridiculous for these cards... sony could of easily used microSD but i guess they wanted to be like apple with the storage[/QUOTE]

Probably also wanted to keep the system from getting hacked to oblivion like the PSP.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I bought this too and cancelled it. Its kind of a bitch to swap apparently. I'd save up for a 16 or 32.[/QUOTE]
How so?

[quote name='kipz']How so?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='digi7']Nope. It uses a proprietary format. Also everytime you change out a card, you have to basically reboot the system and settings. It's so dumb![/QUOTE]

^

bread's done
Back