>IndieFort Countdown Bundle< 27 games, 6 OSTs and an add on for $10 (96% discount)

echoMateria

CAG Veteran
Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks. Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown Bundle I would like to tell you about what this bundle is and how it works. But first, have a look at its trailer on YouTube.

Countdown Bundle is made of five separate bundles, a new bundle every week for five weeks. Each bundle is made of four games and priced at $4. For each bundle you buy, the next one will be $1 cheaper. So if you buy the first one, the second bundle is only $3; buy that and the next one is $2, going that way next one is $1 and the final bundle (that is to say, the one War of the Human Tanks is in) will be completely free.

That's $10 for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock upon reaching set sales goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on. Making the full price of everything you are getting for just $10 into a grand total of $250. A 96% discount is a deal you should not to miss.

We have also teamed up with the kind folks at the charity organization Help-Daniel. We are dedicating part of the proceeds from the full five weeks of sales to him, and want to reach out to the community for help in the hopes he makes a full recovery soon.

Since this bundle is hosted by GamersGate, you will get a key for everything there. Also the games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add to your account. (Marked those with (STEAM) below) The rest are all on Greenlight (except 2, here is a link to the Greenlight Collection) and you will get a Steam key for those when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. (Marked those with (Greenlight) below)

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It (Greenlight)
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron (Greenlight)

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really a pretty cool bundle/promo/whatchamacallit. I'm definitely gonna be in for week 4. I've been waiting for a shot at getting Achron cheap. The fact that I will get a copy on Gamersgate as well as a copy on steam makes it all the sweeter.

Hmm, this seems a way to consolodate Greenlight votes for certain games as well, making them more likely to get approval because they were in a bundle telling people to vote them up. Smart.

This works out great with GamersGate's gifting system. I'm going to buy all 5 weeks and if there are any titles that don't particularly interest me I'll just include them in my CAG Christmas giveaway.

One suggestion: "Sell" the bundle in the thread's title. Put that you can get up to 20 games for $10, or something along those lines.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']
One suggestion: "Sell" the bundle in the thread's title. Put that you can get up to 20 games for $10, or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm looking and seeing two bundles I'd certainly want, and at that point it's worth the extra $3 to pick up the last three bundles.

Has Gamersgate actually confirmed that you'll get Steam keys if Greenlight games from these bundles are greenlit?

Still, kinda tempted to go for the whole shebang. At the rate they're adding games via Greenlight I may be dead before all the bundle games are added, though.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Has Gamersgate actually confirmed that you'll get Steam keys if Greenlight games from these bundles are greenlit?

Still, kinda tempted to go for the whole shebang. At the rate they're adding games via Greenlight I may be dead before all the bundle games are added, though.[/QUOTE]

When we were discussing this option for War of the Human Tanks, I talked with GamersGate and Valve and both were okay with providing Steam keys to the previous buyers when the game is greenlit. While planning this bundle I suggested this to the other studios involved and they were positive with the idea as well. So yea consider it confirmed.

PS: Thanks for restoring the thread CheapyD

[quote name='echoMateria']When we were discussing this option for War of the Human Tanks, I talked with GamersGate and Valve and both were okay with providing Steam keys to the previous buyers when the game is greenlit. While planning this bundle I suggested this to the other studios involved and they were positive with the idea as well. So yea consider it confirmed.

PS: Thanks for restoring the thread CheapyD[/QUOTE]

Well cool beans! Think I'll probably hop on it then. Thanks for the heads up!

I have to say the game is pretty interesting. Being able to get it in a bundle with a bunch of other games is just nifty bonus but then again, I am a sucker for indie bundles. I will probably pick up most, if not all, of the weeks to come.

The only reason I am on the fence about these bundles is I just paid $9 for Zafehouse Diaries alone. Definitely did not expect it bundled like this so close after it released/was on release sale.

That said I might get this anyways since it's crazy value and I can always try to sell off the keys for the games I already have.

I notice your game War of the Tanks is on Desura. Why not add Desura keys to this bundle?

I don't buy my games without a client attached and I don't know if all these games will get into Steam through Greenlight for a very long time if ever.

Providing Desura keys, where available, would sway me toward wanting to get this bundle. Most other Indie bundle sites do provide Desura keys when a Steam key is not available.

[quote name='Motoki']I notice your game War of the Tanks is on Desura. Why not add Desura keys to this bundle?

I don't buy my games without a client attached and I don't know if all these games will get into Steam through Greenlight for a very long time if ever.

Providing Desura keys, where available, would sway me toward wanting to get this bundle. Most other Indie bundle sites do provide Desura keys when a Steam key is not available.[/QUOTE]

IndieFort is hosted by GamersGate so you will receive GamersGate keys for all games and other bonus stuff for buying an IndieFort bundle.

For the first time on IndieFort bundles, Steam keys are also offered due to popular demand where applicable.

Desura keys are provided with Desura's own Indie Royale and other neutral bundles, I don't think you'll see any Desura keys from IndieFort's anytime soon.

At least that's my opinion as an independent developer, I don't know what GamersGate and Desura are thinking.

Except that Indie Gala and Groupees also give Desura keys out and Humble Bundle has done so in the past. Those groups aren't affliated with Desura or Indie Royale.

It's no different than giving out a Steam key really and it gives buyers a key for a client they can use now instead one they may or may not get later because of Greenlight.

Oh well, another Indie Fort bundle I will be passing on.

Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps Gamersgate doesn't see themselves as being in direct competition with Steam. Steam is the Top Dog in PCDD and everybody knows it. Most everybody else is just shooting for #2 (except Origin). Maybe they feel that if they give out keys for Desura, they'll be helping a service that is competing with them for the #2 spot.

Well, with some games already Steamworks, Gamersgate has no choice but to sell Steam keys for some games. So adding them to this bundle is just an extension of that.

GG has been trying to build their IndieFort and bundle department, and for indie games and bundles Desura is a direct competitor so I can see why they want to avoid giving out desura keys.

Any chance of getting the Linux versions of the bundled games that have them (Caster, Orczz, WFFF, etc.)?

Or at least Desura keys in addition to or instead of Steam as an option?

[quote name='seamoss']Any chance of getting the Linux versions of the bundled games that have them (Caster, Orczz, WFFF, etc.)?

Or at least Desura keys in addition to or instead of Steam as an option?[/QUOTE]

Hi there, I asked the devs with Linux versions in the bundle, they said that those versions are included.

Bundle page is going to get revised soon, all these info like games that give additional keys for Linux, Steam, Greenlight, etc. will be displayed as icons for ease of use.

As for the Desura keys, I just replied the same question only 5 posts above, that's not going to happen at the moment.

Note that you do NOT get a Steam key for Caster in the current bundle, contrary to the OP. You only get a key for Hegemony Gold. You do get a key for Strategic War in Europe, but it does not appear to be a valid Steam key.

[quote name='Schildkrote']Note that you do NOT get a Steam key for Caster in the current bundle, contrary to the OP. You only get a key for Hegemony Gold. You do get a key for Strategic War in Europe, but it does not appear to be a valid Steam key.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting. There seems to be a disconnect between what is stated here and what GG is actually doing. I don't think it's intentionally misleading, just probably some miscommunication or delay there.

Well, SWiE isn't a Steam game at all, as it turns out. Just Greenlight.

I do wonder why it's noted when games are on Greenlight though, as it's largely irrelevant since you don't get a key and it's not exactly an accolade regarding the game's quality or anything like that.

[quote name='Schildkrote']Well, SWiE isn't a Steam game at all, as it turns out. Just Greenlight.

I do wonder why it's noted when games are on Greenlight though, as it's largely irrelevant since you don't get a key and it's not exactly an accolade regarding the game's quality or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, a lot of Devs have indicated that if their game gets greenlit they will retroactively give Steam keys to any previous buyers. That doesn't always hold true and they are under no obligation to do so, but so far most have come through with their promises.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, a lot of Devs have indicated that if their game gets greenlit they will retroactively give Steam keys to any previous buyers. That doesn't always hold true and they are under no obligation to do so, but so far most have come through with their promises.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, the OP said that this was the case here.

Surprised about the Caster key, but it's no biggie for me, as Caster has no achievements or other special Steam-related content.

Well shit. The lack of a Caster Steam key is a bummer. Didn't look at this thread before I bought the next bundle unfortunately.

SPAZ (from the first bundle) is listed as the "Indiefort Version." Anyone know what that consists of? It might just be the game and the soundtrack, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Well shit. The lack of a Caster Steam key is a bummer. Didn't look at this thread before I bought the next bundle unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I reached out to the Caster's developer about this issue, GamersGate staff is also informed. Hopefully we'll get this sorted soon enough.

[quote name='wilflare']hmm. missed the first bundle. not much hype on these it seems[/QUOTE]

The ability to buy previous week's bundles is in the works alongside many other changes to the bundle page, hopefully it'll turn out soon enough.

[quote name='echoMateria']I reached out to the Caster's developer about this issue, GamersGate staff is also informed. Hopefully we'll get this sorted soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Oh, cool! Thanks for all your support on this, hopefully the bundle will do well for you and get you a good boost on Greenlight!

[quote name='Motoki']By the way echoMateria thanks for putting your game in another bundle (Bundle in a Box) that actually will give out Desura keys. I grabbed it there.[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of service.

If you bought BiaB, you can vote for the Indie Dev Grant they have from the bottom of the page that you see your keys. Amongst the contenders our next release 99 Spirits can do with all your voting help.

Well I just decided to pick up week 2's offering before it expired. To my surprise, I received a $1 discount on the purchase even though I skipped week one. After coupon, I only paid $2.80 for it.

Not sure if this was a glitch, or if they've changed the way the bundle works.

[quote name='The End']Well I just decided to pick up week 2's offering before it expired. To my surprise, I received a $1 discount on the purchase even though I skipped week one. After coupon, I only paid $2.80 for it.

Not sure if this was a glitch, or if they've changed the way the bundle works.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's a glitch. Which they should fix. Otherwise they'll be giving out a ton of bundles come week five.

[quote name='echoMateria']Week 3, the Oxygen Bundle is live now:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It (Greenlight)
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron (Greenlight)[/QUOTE]

Just bought it. This decreasing price made it very easy.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Pretty sure that's a glitch. Which they should fix. Otherwise they'll be giving out a ton of bundles come week five.

Just bought it. This decreasing price made it very easy.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the discount too? Because I'm now seeing this week's bundle @ $2.00. It's as if I had bought two weeks instead of just one. I didn't have too much interest in this week's bundle, but I'm starting to consider it at the current price.

Oh and I don't think they mind giving away a boatload of bundles in week 5. In fact, I think that's kind of the idea. After all, they're all greenlight games in that bundle.

Obviously they're not just gonna give that bundle away to any old slob. You gotta contribute at least a little bit to the earlier bundles. But I don't think that they'll mind the prospect of a few more potential votes on Greelight. The only question is, is this a deliberate "glitch" to spur sales or not? As I said above, I'm now considering this week's bundle because of the glitch.

EDIT: I just realized that only 3 of the 4 games from week 5 are greenlight games. Zombie Shooter is already on steam.

[quote name='The End']Did you get the discount too? Because I'm now seeing this week's bundle @ $2.00. It's as if I had bought two weeks instead of just one. I didn't have too much interest in this week's bundle, but I'm starting to consider it at the current price.

Oh and I don't think they mind giving away a boatload of bundles week 5. In fact, I think that's kind of the idea. After all, they're all greenlight games in that bundle.

Obviously they're not just gonna give the games away to any old slob. You gotta contribute at least a little bit to the earlier bundles. But I don't think that they'll mind the prospect of a few more potential votes on Greelight.[/QUOTE]

I've been buying the bundles since day one so I can't verify if it's working for others, but I assume so. I guess it's sour grapes, but it would suck if someone could just come along Week 5 and get a bundle for free without buying every week like it's supposed to work.

Edit: Also just noticed some bonus unlocks based on sales :)

Looks like we've unlocked two levels and will likely reach all unlocks.

So I decide to go ahead and buy this week's bundle since the discount was still applying.

After buying, I was curious to see if it was possible to buy another copy of the bundle at the discount price. I was able to add a second copy of the bundle to my shopping cart, but this message was at the top of the page.

You have reached the maximum number you can buy of this product. Please contact the GamersGate support if you want to buy larger quantities.

You can not purchase more than 2 copies of this product.

The two lines appear to be contradictory. I'm not sure, but my interpretation is that I could buy another copy of this bundle if I wanted to, but that would be it. There's only one way to find out for sure, but I was barely willing to buy this week's bundle. I don't want a second copy of it. I'll wait until next week to try buying a second copy. Week 4 is the strongest week IMO.

Meh, is there any indication that Bridge It might be close to getting into Greenlight?

I suspect Eryi's might because of the random giveaway codes if you vote for them shenanigans they pulled.

Speaking of which, did those codes ever drop yet?

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, is there any indication that Bridge It might be close to getting into Greenlight?

I suspect Eryi's might because of the random giveaway codes if you vote for them shenanigans they pulled.

Speaking of which, did those codes ever drop yet?[/QUOTE]

I'll ask the developers of Bridge It and Eryi's Action about this.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, is there any indication that Bridge It might be close to getting into Greenlight?

Speaking of which, did those codes ever drop yet?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean for Caster? Yes, I got mine; it took a few days.

bread's done
Back