Civ 5: Gods and Kings $7.49

Thanks. I had been ignoring this deal because I have this game on Windows. I completely forgot how Steam Play works. I was waiting for Steam to lower the price again during the Autumn sale, but that isn't guaranteed.

[quote name='turls']Thread crappers, this kind of error deserves its own thread. Think once in a while.[/QUOTE]

Less an error, more just an artifact of the way 2K works with Steam; if you owned Civ IV and its expansions, for example, when they made this switch, you got the Mac versions too (even if you don't own a Mac).

The only error Amazon made here was putting one on sale and not both; they evidently didn't realize that the Windows one works for Mac and vice versa.

But, yes, this is worth highlighting. The expansion is fantastic.

i thought i read somewhere about people buying the mac version and being able to download the pc version through steam so i bought the mac version this morning since it was cheaper added it to my steam account and the game isnt showing up anyone know how i can get this to work

[quote name='Indignate']It's DLC so it only shows up in the games dlc list.[/QUOTE]

thank you i thought i had wasted $8 for a minute

Even though Amazon says "This game is for Mac only" when you click on the purchase button, the code activates for the PC version on Steam just fine. It's obvious that Amazon doesn't know how Steam works.

Eight dollars well spent. Thank you OP.

[quote name='chopper']Even though Amazon says "This game is for Mac only" when you click on the purchase button, the code activates for the PC version on Steam just fine. It's obvious that Amazon doesn't know how Steam works.

Eight dollars well spent. Thank you OP.[/QUOTE]

No, they do. Tony, the Amazon rep, posted why it's like this. Something about only being able to secure a deal with the Mac version.

I bought it for 15 dollars a few days ago on steam, worth it though still.\

Hell even at 30 dollars it still would of paid for itself, civ 5 is a great game, sucks console users will never know the joys of going to war or at least managing it.

[quote name='Fire2box']I bought it for 15 dollars a few days ago on steam, worth it though still.\

Hell even at 30 dollars it still would of paid for itself, civ 5 is a great game, sucks console users will never know the joys of going to war or at least managing it.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you've never played Modern Warfare 3.

bread's done
Back