Target plus Shopkick: 15 dollar Little Big Planet Karting instore only

LiquidSnape

CAGiversary!
If you have the shopkick app for android or iOS you can get a coupon for 10 dollars off LBP Karting at target today, it is still on sale for 25 dollars today. Offer is only available in store. Shopkick also has a coupon for 10 off Playstation Allstars Battle Royale for the PS3. Look under the big deal book on the target page of the app for the coupons. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing this info, I had no idea ShopKick existed, but I looked at the permissions list on Google Play - YIKES! You sure it's safe to use? I know Google gave it a 'top developer' award, but geez!

Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Services that cost you money
  • directly call phone numbers
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
  • Hardware controls
  • record audio
    Allows the app to access the audio record path.
    take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
  • Your location
  • coarse (network-based) location
    Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
    fine (GPS) location
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
  • Network communication
  • full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
    create Bluetooth connections
    Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
  • Your personal information
  • read contact data
    Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
  • Phone calls
  • read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage
  • modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.

• Your accounts
  • discover known accounts
    Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
  • Hardware controls
  • control flashlight
    Allows the app to control the flashlight.
    control vibrator
    Allows the app to control the vibrator.
  • Network communication
  • view network state
    Allows the app to view the state of all networks.
    view Wi-Fi state
    Allows the app to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
  • System tools
  • automatically start at boot
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
:hot: fuck
(Why does it need to control your phone's camera LED flash?)

Been using it for well over a year. That said, I finally just updated to the newest version and find the gui to be completely confusing in comparison to the old version.

[quote name='Chocoburger'](Why does it need to control your phone's camera LED flash?)[/QUOTE]
To make the secret photos they take of you turn out better, of course.

That's a pretty sweet deal for a game that just came out. Hmmm...

How does a cart racing game not have local coop? I was going to but this today at BBY (or Target) and am glad I saw this thread. Wow.

Bomba.

[quote name='jmbreci']It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.[/QUOTE]

No split screen? Wow, that's like having a fighting game with no local multiplayer, it's just not a feature you skip over.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Bomba.

No split screen? Wow, that's like having a fighting game with no local multiplayer, it's just not a feature you skip over.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I believe this. I am about 95% certain that they show 4 player split screen in the commercial. Going to try to pick this up today with that coupon. Thanks guys!

[quote name='Chocoburger']Thanks for sharing this info, I had no idea ShopKick existed, but I looked at the permissions list on Google Play - YIKES! You sure it's safe to use? I know Google gave it a 'top developer' award, but geez!

Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Services that cost you money
  • directly call phone numbers
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
  • Hardware controls
  • record audio
    Allows the app to access the audio record path.
    take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
  • Your location
  • coarse (network-based) location
    Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
    fine (GPS) location
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
  • Network communication
  • full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
    create Bluetooth connections
    Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
  • Your personal information
  • read contact data
    Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
  • Phone calls
  • read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage
  • modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.

• Your accounts
  • discover known accounts
    Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
  • Hardware controls
  • control flashlight
    Allows the app to control the flashlight.
    control vibrator
    Allows the app to control the vibrator.
  • Network communication
  • view network state
    Allows the app to view the state of all networks.
    view Wi-Fi state
    Allows the app to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
  • System tools
  • automatically start at boot
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
:hot: fuck
(Why does it need to control your phone's camera LED flash?)[/QUOTE]

Lots of apps have what seems like invasive permissions, but they actually have a good reason sometimes. Camera flash? Maybe they allow you to take a picture or scan a bar code?

I'm not defending them blindly, just saying that sometimes people (not you, but you see it in reviews on Play store) tend to overact on permissions.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Not sure if I believe this. I am about 95% certain that they show 4 player split screen in the commercial. Going to try to pick this up today with that coupon. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Some people here are wrong and spreading news without playing the game. The game has offline co-op - my wife and I have been playing it for a couple weeks. The game split screens horizontal with two people. We have not tried with more, but pretty sure it is up to 4 offline as well. The only thing is we cannot figure out how to get two different PSN names to sign in at the same time (you were able to do that in LBP2 and I believe LBP1).

For those who do not have the game, $15 is a no-brainer. $25 cannot be passed by as well. This game has a lot of replay value and the "story" mode will dedicate many hours to 100%. I paid $45 at Newegg (pre-order promo) and do not regret the purchase (okay, it has only been a few weeks since release; maybe I regret not being patient so I could save a little).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Just downloaded the ap and I don't see any target page. All I see is "kicks" and earning points for giftcards[/QUOTE]

At the screen you get to when you first load up the app. Right above the cards in the middle you'll see a silver arrow. Click that and it will spread out the cards... just scroll through till you see Target. Then click the Target logo and it will bring you up the store page

EDIT: Then there is the Big Deal book, which you can scroll through to find it.

The other option is at the main screen hit the little "map push pin" in the bottom left hand corner and find Target via there.

[quote name='czissis']Lots of apps have what seems like invasive permissions, but they actually have a good reason sometimes. Camera flash? Maybe they allow you to take a picture or scan a bar code?

I'm not defending them blindly, just saying that sometimes people (not you, but you see it in reviews on Play store) tend to overact on permissions.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the camera flash is for scanning bar codes so you can earn Shopkick points to buy gift cards and items.

I just hope Target stores still have this in-stock.

I wish the shopkick app worked on wifi after confirming that you're actually in the store. I always lose my signal once I go to the back of the store.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wish the shopkick app worked on wifi after confirming that you're actually in the store. I always lose my signal once I go to the back of the store.[/QUOTE]

Just open the coupon page somewhere where you have Wifi and leave it on that page until they scan it. Should still work.

For those clowns who say people do not know what they are talking about - look at the freakin package. If they have offline multiplayer they are not advertising it on the packaging. I have it right here in front of me and it says:

"Player 1" - that is the # of local players
"Network Players 2-8" - networked players

That in no way suggests local co-op. Maybe it has it but every, let me make this crystal clear - EVERY PS3 game that I have seen with 2+ players local has said something like "Players 1-X" - not this. Every one that I have seen saying "Player 1" is one player local. Maybe this is a mistake or an oversight. If it is wrong then Sony f'd up the packaging on this as it goes against every other PS3 game that has local co-op. LPB 2 even says "Players 1-4".

It does say "Multiplayer" on the top back, but nowhere does it say local co-op.

Again, I may be wrong, but I am just regurgitating what Sony put on the packaging.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Downloaded the app... crashes constantly.[/QUOTE]

I've used it to earn and redeem ~$150 of GCs... Check your phone. Close any apps you aren't using...

[quote name='jmbreci']It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.[/QUOTE]

You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rs600cubed']Anyone know if the # on the coupon is unique or will the pic posted work for everyone/ multiple times?[/QUOTE]

I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.

[quote name='omyard']You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying. Just picked this up for me and the wife. Thanks OP too!

[quote name='jacknicklson']No app needed
http://d.pr/i/bqn3[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP and Jack. Just walked out with it for $15.xx using the coupon screen shot Jack posted. Every Target in my area (Madison, WI) is showing them in stock. Incidentally, the store I went to had no mention at all of the $25 sale price. It just had the normal $59.99 price tag displayed. Rang up at $25 without a problem though. The games clerk was somewhat surprised.

I wonder how accurate the stock locater is. No stores in 100 miles have the game according to the website.

EDIT: The use of the locater in the Target Clearance thread shows that most stores around me have it in stock. Guess I'll go make a trip

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14278014
Just type in your zip code

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.

Thanks for the post OP. I use shopkick regularly, so I was able to get the coupon without any problems and also the 125kicks from the walk-in ^^.

[quote name='jr1016']Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.[/QUOTE]

The Target DLC is a Target-themed kart and character skin.

[quote name='gldoorii']Wow no stores within 100 miles of me carry it either.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is an error. Should the same thing for me when I searched at first checked a while later and it was in stock at every target in my area (suburban Chicago).

ARG

I told myself no more games this Christmas as my backlog is already HUUUGE and I don't want to get burned buying something, not playing it for year(s) then finding it cheaper later. But Sports Champions 2 was $10 and now LBP Karting is $15......I may skip out on the Karting though, I have a feeling it will be PS+ free next year :)

The coupon is in the "Big Deal Book" under the Target page in the app. It's a great app, especially if you live near a bunch of partner stores. I've redeemed over $400 in gift certs for Target and Best Buy in the last two years.

Got one no problem, thanks OP! Couple next to me was buying it too, so I let them use the coupon on my phone and worked for them too.

Also thanks to the guy who posted the scan!

bread's done
Back