Download The Dark Knight Rises with UV copy from BB/TDK Steelbooks (YMMV?)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So this may be very YMMV but some folks over at Blu-ray.com have discovered that the 7-minute "Dark Knight Reborn" preview that came with select Steelbook copies of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight now provides them with the full download for The Dark Knight Rises through Flixster. I just added the code that came with my copy of BB and it's downloading the movie as I speak, despite the preview not being advertised on the front of my case.

So check out your UV copies people! And if you already redeemed it, check out your flixster page or app and download the Dark Knight Prologue. It'll lead you to a 2.45GB download for the entire Rises movie :bouncy:

Step 1: Go here: https://redeem.flixster.com/ultraviolet/entercode/
Step 2: Enter UV code that comes with your Steelbook of Begins or TDK
Step 3a: Login to your flixster account and Stream the "Prologue" directly through the site
Step 3b: Download the Flixster program if you haven't, and login
Step 4: Select the Dark Knight Prlogue and download it to your computer

rebornfa.jpg

Sweet - just got back from Best Buy where I used my "mystery coupon" on a Dark Knight steelbook (plus they gave me a $5 gift card for some promo!). It's downloading now. Are we sure that it doesn't just cut off after the first 20 min.? I'm going to watch it tonight in case they disable it. Thanks OP!

If it works it will be in SD. I have The Dark Knights Rises on my Vudu account at 2 AM or so on 12/4 in HDX since I bought the pre-order from Wal-mart. I might get the Blu-ray early since I live some what close to the Wal-mart dc that ships new release movies for Wal-mart and Vudu. Or you could download it in HD from other sources.

Nope. The only link between the PS3 and Ultraviolet is VUDU, but the Dark Knight Prologue isn't on there so no go on getting Rises to show up there either. Batman Begins does show up on there in HD however. Rises wont be on VUDU till Dec. 4th, so who knows, maybe it'll unlock on there at that date.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. Downloading it now. Where does the file download to on your computer hard drive? I can't find that 2.48gb file anywhere.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the settings in the flixster program it'll tell you. I'm on XP still, and for me it's at:

C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Application Data\Flixster\Storage

hahah! works for me too! Too bad it's only SD, but I'll take what I can get....

But how do you go about actually watching the documentary now? ha!

lol. It was only a 7 minute preview of it anyway. To watch the whole thing you have to but the Steelbook best buy. I think specially marked trilogy sets will also have it. No idea if it'll be on a disc, or digital like the preview however

Nope, the Prologue preview was only on Flixster so as a result it's not playable on Vudu. Vudu doesn't release Rises on their servers till Dec. 4th, so there's the slightest chance it could unlock there on that date, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it

Yep getting an error when trying to stream it through the site, but the downloaded copy (run through the Flixster PC program) I have still works

crap! had I know that i would have used my mystery card to get one of the steelbooks instead of season 4 of smallville...oh well the movie comes out a week from tomorrow so not too long a wait

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']It gives me an error when I try to play it now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep getting an error when trying to stream it through the site, but the downloaded copy (run through the Flixster PC program) I have still works[/QUOTE]

The stream is working for me through flixster.com again so I don't think they've killed this completely yet

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep getting an error when trying to stream it through the site, but the downloaded copy (run through the Flixster PC program) I have still works[/QUOTE]

Hi. Kind of new to DC, but what is stream? I like this new concept on saving a copy online, but where is the file location on the harddrive? I have a toshiba with windows 7. The file I see is for 1KB only.
If I can locate the file on hard drive, can I copy it to my psp?

Also, I have batman begins DC. Can Digital copy/flixster be transfer from one computer to another? The reason I ask because Im planing on buying a new computer within a few months. Do i lose all my digital copies of movies?

Sorry, but I dont know much about streaming. I love buying movies to have in my collection, but wouldnt hurt to have it on my psp or to burn a copy for dvd.

By stream, I mean playing it through Flixster.com. Once you login you can play Ultraviolet movies in your browser. Alternatively there's a program you can download which allows you to download a copy to your HDD for offline viewing. I'm not sure where it is with Win 7, but in the program at the upper right hand corner there's a drop down menu with a preferences option. It'll tell you the location of the movie on your HDD and let you choose a differenent location.

Unfortunately Ultraviolet/Flixster is fairly limited in where you can access your movies, and there's no option to copy to a PSP. As for using the digital copies on other computers that should be fine. Just login to Flixster on the new computer and/or download the program and your movie collection is still there to watch

Also make sure to merge your Flixster account with Vudu. VUDU provides HDX (1080P) versions of some Ultraviolet movies, and I just find the playback and interface to be much better. It's made UV copies much more appealing. Plus it works on the PS3. Maybe one day they'll add a PSP/Vita app ones of these days. I believe you'll have to register with Vudu and then merge the two through Flixster or Ultraviolet. I can't recall exactly how it works but you should be able to find more info at the official UV site: http://www.uvvu.com/

Seems to be working. Picked up TDK steelbook an hour ago and trying this...sure enough its like the picture says...2.48gb download. Already owned TDK in dvd and BLU so pretty much got the UV copy for $10 bucks practically. Still want the BLu but not in a hurry now to get it...thanks OP!

UPDATE: Dark Knight Rises is playing as promised :)

[quote name='Lakeshow24']I linked my ultraviolet account with CinemaNow and I'm able to stream the movie through my XBOX.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to mention the same thing. Also of note, my SB was purchased about 6 months ago so if you have an old code give it a shot.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I just added the Cinemanow app for the PS3 and Rises is in my library too but none of my movies appear to play.[/QUOTE]
Once I downloaded the app, the same problem happened to me. I exited the app and once I started the app it worked. I hope that helps.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Thought I'd mention this is still working, downloading the movie now. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Thanks. I was doing something wrong (or not doing something at all, actually) until I saw this thread and was able to get TDKR to work!

[quote name='Zelts3']If you download VUDU for PS3, you will be able to view your Flixster movies[/QUOTE]

Um no one said you couldn't. The issue is this is a glitch with Flixster and the preview of The Dark Knight Reborn giving you access to The Dark Knight Rises instead.

VUDU does not see The Dark Knight Reborn, it is exclusive to Flixster.

So the Reborn cover art turned into the Rises art, as if I put in a code for Rises to begin with. Hopefully it stays because I'm giving my UV code away.

bread's done
Back